DW blues. | Vital Football

DW blues.

hindleymonwafc

Vital Champions League
One thing that Tuesday confirmed is how much I dislike the stadium. It's a lifeless, soulless place that is about 10,000 seats too big. The battle to attract floaters is lost and not worth the energy anyway so bollocks to um. Also the project to merge 2 diametrically opposed sports is also doomed and its time this white elephant was demolished. They can play at Robin Park and we can have a new 15,000 bowl rising from the rubble of this one.

Its over, dont like the place and never will.

Up the Tics.

If a new ground is built, it needs to be in a location that doesnt flood and the owners have full control of the land. The council own the land on which the DW is situated and there's not a cat in hells chance of them giving planning permission to re-build an exclusive football stadium on that land.

One thing that Tuesday confirmed is how much I dislike the stadium. It's a lifeless, soulless place that is about 10,000 seats too big. The battle to attract floaters is lost and not worth the energy anyway so bollocks to um. Also the project to merge 2 diametrically opposed sports is also doomed and its time this white elephant was demolished. They can play at Robin Park and we can have a new 15,000 bowl rising from the rubble of this one.

Up the Tics.

Its a good job we have you around to keep our spirits up!

Nothing wrong with that stadium, rather have the DW than that cess pit we used to have, give your head a wobble.

Fuckin hell....suggestions to build a new stadium - we were lucky to have a football club just over a year ago n yet folk thinking we should have a new stadium.
Do some folks on here know something most of us don't - is Tal Als sister company the ones who bought Newcastle n gonna gift us some cash for said new stadium 🤔🤔🤔

Up the Tics.

Eh, if there was no DW there probably would be no Bahrani bid.

It'll be packed in 5 years don't worry.

I just don't like it....there are worse of course. Don't like Boltons either. ...they are just clinical boxes.

Very true, as stadiums go, it a bit of an ASDA price one but... hang on a sec. You want the rugby out don't you? Let us bugger off first eh! That's what all Latics fans want, me included. The Bahranians don't need the rent after all so we are better going our separate ways. When it all goes tits up in a couple of years like it did with the Chinese you will be grateful of that rent. I can't believe you lot can't see how this is going to pan out. Overspending already in a club that makes losses and HAS to reach the Premier League to make a profit (which isn't going to happen) How long before the owner gets fed up and walks away (again) Im afraid that nobody in this town is interested in Wigan Athletic bar around 8 or 9 thousand. Thats an increase of around 2 or 3 thousand from 20 years ago. They all follow Man Utd and Liverpool. There are the odd occasion where there will be a lot on, like playing the big sides in the premiership or the odd trip to Wembley but those fans are fly by nights. Garry Cooke did a good job selling the club the first time round, i can imagine the conversation. "yeah about 10 million will get you to the premier league then its all gravy" Someone has sold the same lie again. Im not generalising all Latics fans but most on this message board want the rugby out no matter what. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Give me as much grief as you want but cold hard facts are just that.

In fairness, I get what Hindley is saying. I've always said on other forums & Facebook that our stadium is too big for the amount of fans we attract. Something in the region of 15000 - 18000 would have been more sufficient.

Very true, as stadiums go, it a bit of an ASDA price one but... hang on a sec. You want the rugby out don't you? Let us bugger off first eh! That's what all Latics fans want, me included. The Bahranians don't need the rent after all so we are better going our separate ways. When it all goes tits up in a couple of years like it did with the Chinese you will be grateful of that rent. I can't believe you lot can't see how this is going to pan out. Overspending already in a club that makes losses and HAS to reach the Premier League to make a profit (which isn't going to happen) How long before the owner gets fed up and walks away (again) Im afraid that nobody in this town is interested in Wigan Athletic bar around 8 or 9 thousand. Thats an increase of around 2 or 3 thousand from 20 years ago. They all follow Man Utd and Liverpool. There are the odd occasion where there will be a lot on, like playing the big sides in the premiership or the odd trip to Wembley but those fans are fly by nights. Garry Cooke did a good job selling the club the first time round, i can imagine the conversation. "yeah about 10 million will get you to the premier league then its all gravy" Someone has sold the same lie again. Im not generalising all Latics fans but most on this message board want the rugby out no matter what. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Give me as much grief as you want but cold hard facts are just that.

:fish: :fish: :fish: & a very piss poor attempt as well

Up the Tics.
Loved Springfield much more.

It’s always been to big. And always will be it will never ever get full again. If you do see photos or on tv it looks awful 3/4 empty. But we have been down this road loads of times.

One thing the Warriors are not is the hand that feeds us. Maybe if the rent was tripled they would almost be paying their way and contributing to their costs.
I agree though Latics would likely be better off without a tenant like Wigan Warriors.
A few more similar to Rigaletos would be more profitable.

In fairness, I get what Hindley is saying. I've always said on other forums & Facebook that our stadium is too big for the amount of fans we attract. Something in the region of 15000 - 18000 would have been more sufficient.
I agree, that's about the right size for us.