Doncaster | Page 2 | Vital Football

Doncaster

Skybet still has Evans on evens. Presumably this is created by SkyBet, so idiots who are succumbed into gambling think they can win by placing money on Evans rather than actually gambling and placing it on Sol Campbell (for example) at 12/1.

Evans is shortest odds because he’s had the most amount of money placed on him compared to the other candidates. It’s as simple as that.

Peter Taylor was never under contract when he was manager here, he said the contract wasn’t signable!

He did have a contract.

Just because there isn’t a signature on a piece of paper doesn’t mean that there isn’t a contract.

Will keep my fingers crossed... :balloon:

Yeah, I’m hoping he stays too ?

Was initially in the “don’t want” camp. But if the above non-story did turn out to be true, I’d somehow be a little deflated now. I think Steve Evans has what it takes to get us challenging the top 6 places. I’m struggling to think of another available manager that would make me feel as confident.

If SE goes and it is, of course, a big 'if' then SE will be doing what SE does but only a bit quicker than when he walked out on Mansfield on the pretext of taking a job in China.

Yeah, I’m hoping he stays too ?

Was initially in the “don’t want” camp. But if the above non-story did turn out to be true, I’d somehow be a little deflated now. I think Steve Evans has what it takes to get us challenging the top 6 places. I’m struggling to think of another available manager that would make me feel as confident.
Sol Campbell

If Evans was to take the Donny job, what about the players he's signed? I believe most of them wanted to come because of the manager. Also I believe he's renting a lovely little place just off Darnley Road so he won't want to give that up. :throw:

I believe SE is still officially under contract at Peterborough to 30/6 so just maybe he has no valid contract with us until 1/7. Stranger things have happened in football. If he does go I can see the brown stuff hitting the fan big time. Then again this could all be a silly game of bluff by the bookies.

Doncaster have given a list of the required attributes for their new manager. One of them is "A pleasing and willing personality".

I shall leave each member of the forum to draw their own conclusions as to whether or not Evans is still in contention on that basis.

He did have a contract.

Just because there isn’t a signature on a piece of paper doesn’t mean that there isn’t a contract.
There is a piece of paper perhaps but a written contract has to be signed by both parties in order to be enforceable. An oral contract is what it is but can be difficult to enforce so better concluded in front of witnesses or confirmed by letter or e-mail etc.

I know one of the Macclesfield players, he was very disappointed that Campbell didn't get the Hull job. Make of that what you will!
Perhaps you should ask him to clarify what he meant. Did he mean he’s unhappy he did not go or unhappy that he didn’t get the chance of a better prospect?

He won't go to manage Doncaster, for the simple reason that Scally will demand an exorbitant sum in compensation in return that would leave Doncaster with no transfer budget.

It also won't reflect well on Evans. He also knows that he won't be able to take his new signings to Donny with him and he'd look an utter fool if they were to make a poor start to the season (and especially if they were to fall behind us as the season progresses).