do you trust montanier with transfer dealings | Vital Football

do you trust montanier with transfer dealings

the jock

Vital Football Legend
along with Pedro Pereira he signed 2 keepers who are league 1 level at the very best.

didn't play our best central defender until December.

signed lica, carayol and dumitru . Sent ward out on loan when he was better than those 3.

signings and tactics have been a total disaster. I do not trust him to sign the players needed to survive..do you?

Carayol might have some ability. Lica - not appeared much, Dimitru - must have been half decent somewhere, surely? He looked lost yesterday and a waste of space.
Ward used to run around a lot - but didn't do much either.
I think it's all depressing.
Whatever happens and who ever looks after transfers, I'd like to keep hold of a manager for longer than 6 months.

PM was hamstrung by PP who in turn was hamstrung by Fawaz and the cluster fook that is NFFC.

You're an idiot if you think there is a definitive answer either way given the circumstances.

sadly I had a lot more faith in freedman making signings than Montanier.

I have zero faith in him to sign what is required. do we take a gamble and let him spend? I think it would be the final nail in the coffin.

I think it's all very telling that PM has not spoken to the prospective new owners.

For there to be a plan, any plan - clearly PM needs to have an idea what budget he has (or not) - that's assuming we get the embargo lifted.

For the new owners to come in and give us any chance, they have to hit the ground running - which means they would have been planning and be looking to implement the plan immediately.

I do feel sorry for PM, with the circumstances he has found himself in - injuries & resources etc - but, I still think, again, that he got the tactics wrong yesterday - there is no discernable system, discipline or structure, but his substitutions are the biggest bugbear for me.

I do think he took the right players off, but the timing was wrong and we ended up even more disjointed.

Lam looked likely of getting a second yellow at any time. Dumitru was woeful yesterday and should have been subbed at HT (with Lam) - when he was eventually removed, we ended with Vellios playing almost right wing - rather than going 4-4-2...

Britt was shattered from 70 mins.

If our new owners are going to come in and be as trigger happy as Fawaz then I don't see the point in trusting any manager. We need a CEO and some proper scouts and ones that will actually stay for years not just a month or two.

Assuming they complete the takeover this week - you equally have to assume that they will have a team in place, CEO, DoF and most likely a manager.

We still have scouts and managers often have relationships with scouts & agents they trust, but we perpetually have 6-7 players injured.

The priority has to be staying in this league.

Plenty of players have been brought in, but I wouldn't like to put money on how many were brought in directly by Montanier as opposed to other influences at the club.

Either way, PM is gone as soon as the takeover goes through in my opinion. Doesn't really matter how good or bad his signings are, they wouldn't be the right signings for a new manager and whatever system they will want to work towards. The damage is done and Montanier's position is pretty untenable now, but for what it's worth I do still think he could have been a good appointment under better circumstances.

Responses to this:

1) Is the takeover actually happening?
2) Will it happen during the transfer window?
3) By the time the takeover happens (if it happens) will there be any value for money players even left available?
4) Will Montainer be retained should the takeover actually go through?
5) If the takeover actually goes through and Montanier happens to be retained, has Montanier actually even thought about this?
6) If he has thought about this, does he even know what budget is going to be available to him?

So many questions.

Our Kids Dad - 3/1/2017 12:39

Assuming they complete the takeover this week - you equally have to assume that they will have a team in place, CEO, DoF and most likely a manager.

We still have scouts and managers often have relationships with scouts & agents they trust, but we perpetually have 6-7 players injured.

The priority has to be staying in this league.

Why assume, you know what that does

The Al Hawasis took over NFFC, without all that - and as they said at time of press conference Fawaz had 17 years of working in football (LOL) but these guys seem to have none

I do hope they have plans in place unlike the current mob, and they have managers and backroom staff along with scouts who have identified players willing to come and key appointments for boardroom (with experience in English football) in place ready for the imminent (rolls eyes) completed takeover announcement-and if they have done all that, they're doing very well keeping a lid off all those appointments

I think a better question would be how much was he involved in our transfers before?

If they were his idea then no thanks

If they made for him then who knows what he could do?

We just don't know do we?

The summer players brought in have been bargain basement signings, hence their largely ineffective contribution so far. Think Perquis & Bendtner were his picks and Vellios was a Marinakis pick, hence the game time each has had respectively.

Who knows what quality might arrive if he's allowed to actually spend some money on his choices? But, he's a coach - has he ever been asked to go out and assemble a squad of his own choice? Don't know.

:81:

the jock - 3/1/2017 13:54

rumored stoijkovic is gone back to his former club
I really hope so. He is part of the problem at the back - he has no presence at all and doesn't seem capable of organising his defence. If there's one thing PM should be good at spotting it's a keeper, not in this case.