Do you support the bid from Moreno Yes/No | Page 2 | Vital Football

Do you support the bid from Moreno Yes/No

Do you support the bid from Moreno?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
There is too much worrying about the Spanish bid. I would have loved to have said yes with the prospect of tying up with a Spanish club but I have to ask 1 Why do they want us ? They won’t make money, 2 They have no one to run the club just like the Chinese, 3 They have no money to invest in the club 4 Why are so many people close to the club rejecting them there must be a good reason.

There is too much worrying about the Spanish bid. I would have loved to have said yes with the prospect of tying up with a Spanish club but I have to ask 1 Why do they want us ? They won’t make money, 2 They have no one to run the club just like the Chinese, 3 They have no money to invest in the club 4 Why are so many people close to the club rejecting them there must be a good reason.

1. Why would anyone want us? They may well make money, dependent on their business model, and how successful we (they) are.
2. We don't know that yet. Cristo was going to do it ........ I hope it's not going to be Clilverd, but as I say, we don't know who they may have in mind.
3. We don't know that. Also, what amount would equal "some money"? £1m? £3m? £5m? £10m? They obviously have enough money to run the club for the next two years.
4. Does the rejection still apply now that Cristo has gone? Has the attitude changed? .........plus, to be fair, they haven't really "rejected" them, just expressed doubts, for whatever reason.

All reasonable counter points?

Maybe those spreading the rumours have ulterior motives, Or maybe have been hoodwinked by other "tempting" bids... Who knows?
One thing I do know for certain is, all the noises coming from Spain are very positive ones... Make of that, what you will.

So then if we don't hear anything today will any of you YES voters start to fret as to why the EFL won't pass it now given everything's supposed to be hunky dory

When it was announced Latics went into Administration,
it was all over the media that we were in serious financial trouble, the Admin was as asking for bidders to put some money on the table to try and buy us, the reaction was 'Ziltch'.

As soon as the Spanish put the money on the table,
all the 'Money' men turned up and started saying they would spend £'sssssssssssss on us and the 'chinese' whispers started
against the Spanish.

If the Spanish bid fails the 'Money' men can get in a bidding
war to buy a loss making Football Club.

I think its quite evident as to were the weight of voting is going.

Like some have said, I think we need to be sceptical about any of the bidders but we need to get the deal done and return to some sort of structure and at present the bid that gives us the best option is the one that has been accepted.

Small number of votes but I dont think ive seen a bigger % majority on any previous polls on here.

It also proves that Frampton isnt registered on here!

The EFL will pass it. The reason it failed was Cristo's involvement due to his history and loan money. This bid isn't "The Spanish" anymore, it's "The Spaniard". If Moreno is going it alone and has covered the extra million that Cristo was trying to put in himself, then he'll get the club without a doubt.

Why he wants us I have no idea. Brexit will end any hopes he may have had of trading players freely between his two clubs in order to give both of us a leg up and of course we're bringing in very little money. The one positive from his perspective is that the market in England is inflated and if you develop a top young English player, you can sell them for millions. Plus in Leagues 1 and 2, we will be very cheap to run with the salary cap in place. It means Moreno can work to a set playing/coaching budget much easier.

So for want of a better phrase WTF is the hold up ?

From my experience of working within big inefficient and incompetent corporate faceless entities a junior will have to verify all the facts presented in the submission, they'll then need to write their report and pass it on to their manager who will review it, approve it and then submit it for consideration in the weekly Thursday committee meeting, Unfortunately their internal deadline for submissions to be reviewed on a Thursday will be noon Tuesday, so if they missed this weeks deadline cos the junior had taken a day off to do their Christmas shopping it will only be considered the following week. Add to that the fact that no one took summer holidays this year so they are all taking extended / early Christmas breaks to use their annual leave up before the end of the year (this is already happening where I currently work). We'll be lucky to get a decision by first Thursday in January.

From my experience of working within big inefficient and incompetent corporate faceless entities a junior will have to verify all the facts presented in the submission, they'll then need to write their report and pass it on to their manager who will review it, approve it and then submit it for consideration in the weekly Thursday committee meeting, Unfortunately their internal deadline for submissions to be reviewed on a Thursday will be noon Tuesday, so if they missed this weeks deadline cos the junior had taken a day off to do their Christmas shopping it will only be considered the following week. Add to that the fact that no one took summer holidays this year so they are all taking extended / early Christmas breaks to use their annual leave up before the end of the year (this is already happening where I currently work). We'll be lucky to get a decision by first Thursday in January.

I think I used to work in the next office to you Arthur !
;)

I would support a bid by the Devil himself if it got us over the line. We all know the outcome if we don't have an approved owner, OBLIVION.