Do You Still Go To Watch Newcastle United ? | Vital Football

Do You Still Go To Watch Newcastle United ?

Do You Still Go To Watch Newcastle United ?

• Yes, unless Benitez goes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not been back for years and doubt I’d even go back again if Ashley sold up due to the way it had made me feel. A sad scenario. I certainly wouldn’t be back with a season ticket.

Last season ticket in 2003, been maybe 5 times since then, would find it hard to go back, certainly wont under the odious fat cockney jumble sale owner.

I was torn a few years ago about going back and personal reasons aside back then, I feel these sort of debates put the heat in the wrong direction and take it off the real target in Ashley.

What is needed is a proper campaign that those who go can get involved in and do as much damage as they can in the world's eye and those who have given up going, feeling that they can do something more than starving the obese one of funds that are replaced by someone else taking over the seat.

There is that much money involved in the premier league now that it's almost impossible to hit Ashley that hard for him to panic and with 11 years of ownership under his belt, he has a new generation of fan that isn't that bothered about us anyway and would gladly see the opposition play for their selfies or photos on faceshite.

I said when Rafa came that one of my big hopes was for people to become that attached again that there would be some sort of big kick off when the shit hits the fan and from what ive read on social media there seems to be a bit of a bandwagon forming.

Only issue is, is that battles are rarely won on the internet and these needs to hit the streets.

I was torn a few years ago about going back and personal reasons aside back then, I feel these sort of debates put the heat in the wrong direction and take it off the real target in Ashley.

What is needed is a proper campaign that those who go can get involved in and do as much damage as they can in the world's eye and those who have given up going, feeling that they can do something more than starving the obese one of funds that are replaced by someone else taking over the seat.

There is that much money involved in the premier league now that it's almost impossible to hit Ashley that hard for him to panic and with 11 years of ownership under his belt, he has a new generation of fan that isn't that bothered about us anyway and would gladly see the opposition play for their selfies or photos on faceshite.

I said when Rafa came that one of my big hopes was for people to become that attached again that there would be some sort of big kick off when the shit hits the fan and from what ive read on social media there seems to be a bit of a bandwagon forming.

Only issue is, is that battles are rarely won on the internet and these needs to hit the streets.

Do you go or not then ?

I succumbed last season after a decade of not going & went to 6 games,partially because of the Benitez factor & the hope that tubby would back him but mainly because my 7yr old grandbairn kept asking me to take him.
Got such a buzz going with him tho the football & atmosphere was bland.
Offered him a new set of goalposts for his birthday instead of renewing the ticket & he chose the goalposts thankfully.I wouldn't have renewed regardless,he's nearly 8 & can understand the politics a little easier now,he's also playing for his local team & starting to bang the goals in.
I agree with Toon to an extent & hope that folk who go & those that don't can unite & hoy the kitchen sink at him,somehow mobilise.
I'll not be going back until he's gone.

I'm not chucking stones at anyone with this particular thread , just wondering who goes and their reasoning as I don't get it but the ground sells out every other week.

I'm not chucking stones at anyone with this particular thread , just wondering who goes and their reasoning as I don't get it but the ground sells out every other week.

Sells the tickets off cheap to give the impression the ground is full.
If the fat **** could grasp the idea that people would pay MORE, for a club that at least tried, and following on from another thread, yes, the shit has hit the fan this evening.

Like many friends of my generation, I'm not going back until after Ashley. We all had our breaking points, some before me, some since.

However, my kids still go sometimes, just as I did under Westwood. Frankly, I don't see them doing so much unless there is some investment.

No

I also actively try and discourage others from doing so without calling them thick ***** or cowards

I have boycotted on and off for years I have lived in Scotland with my wife both Geordies for years and have three boys who cant understand the politics that surround Ashley but think their pals think we are just average to shite English club but struggle to explain to there celtic /rangers pals we are a massive club but they know we could be massive with a real owner as they feel it as soon as they walk into st james park it is so sad as one by one their belif and wonder is fading

It’s funny how Eaststand hasn’t got any clever comments to make or even tries to defend the fact she’s nothing more than a selfish entity who actively helps Ashley.

She doesn’t actually give a toss. As long as she can brag about travelling the world and seeing various sporting events whilst trying to block out that she wouldn’t be a drastic wife she’s happy.

No real genuine care.

Attachments

• 1810F257-4B0F-4867-8AA6-839BE54D41BD.jpeg
    1810F257-4B0F-4867-8AA6-839BE54D41BD.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 12