• NuYes

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • NuNo

Votes: 17 77.3%

• Total voters
Just got told "absolutely horrible people to work for"

They didn't want to expand on that

And i could tell they meant it

That's from someone who worked high up and very closely with them off the pitch. Mostly dealing with the son

And you could clearly see there was no empathy between Cooper and EM on the pitch after we avoided relegation.

Ps I've nothing against high demands being made either. But I sense it's way more than that

Someone mentioned "unhappy club" above

I have no reason to doubt that
I’d imagine it’s going to get really unhappy in about 9 games time

We had a young manager who was learning and getting better with each season.

He was going through a really tough patch, as this manager is and all managers do. But he had gotten through them before- worse in fact- and proved he could do so. He had shown a really good capacity to learn, adapt, develop and improve both himself and players.

I didn't feel there was a particular ceiling to what he could do, or at least I felt we hadn't seen it yet.

For me I would like to ask Nuno one, simple question: if he fails and relegates us, would he want to lead us into a championship campaign to put it right?

If the answer to that is no then he might as well fuck off now

I did think at the end Cooper was suffering with some burn out.
Not surprising, it had been 2 years of intense pressure, none stop pressure, it has to take its toll.

I guess with a little hindsight it would have been good for him to have a couple of months away from the club at the end of last season, I’m sure that would have been beneficial to both parties.

He is still a relatively inexperienced manager, very inexperienced at EPL level, and it did show.
He was certainly learning, and as you say, how far will he actually go? He certainly has plenty more scope to improve.

What he did have was a stature amongst the fans similar to Klopp, and I thought that meant something. I hadn’t really known that since the Clough days.

I don’t get to games now, but, from the various media sources available, my thoughts are some of that fan/team connection has been lost, which I feared would happen if/when Cooper left. Overall I think Cooper leaving, and the disconnect that appears to have happened since, has been damaging….it’s more than counteracted any ‘new manager bounce’.

I’m sure Nuno is a good manager, I’m not sure he is right for Forest, it is a very hard job to do.

Given Leicester's implosion and Derby's rampant form, a silver-lining is we'll have two 29k+ crowds next season, with the local matches.

The rest of the 42 games will be a turgid slog, with Chris Wilder at the helm and a team of 30-something ex-prem journeymen making up our starting XI...but, well, its all about the bragging rights.

You Reds!

EM made the big calls (Cooper/ Nuno/ FFP) and he's close to fucking it up.

If he does, then he simply has to walk or be forced to walk.
Hows that gonna work?
He owns the F-ing club, how's he gonna "walk"?
In your scenario then, if we go down he should sell us?
To who? No one's gonna spend 100 s of millions on us.
Maybe he should asset strip, sell all he can to get most of his Dosh back, then just let us rot for being thick ingrates?

Hows that gonna work?
He owns the F-ing club, how's he gonna "walk"?
In your scenario then, if we go down he should sell us?
To who? No one's gonna spend 100 s of millions on us.
Maybe he should asset strip, sell all he can to get most of his Dosh back, then just let us rot for being thick ingrates?

If we go down, it's his fault and he should sell up.

We are going to go down at some point inevitably.

Pretty much everyone in the bottom half other than Everton will at some point

The only two non-tip six sides to win the Premier League are currently in the championship

I mean specifically if we get a points deduction that relegates us.

It's also his fault we ever got back in the Premier League?

What because he rolled the dice once again and appointed Steve Cooper who took us from the bottom of the league?

I'm not really sure he can take too much credit for that decision aa his record in appointing managers is shit.

What because he rolled the dice once again and appointed Steve Cooper who took us from the bottom of the league?

I'm not really sure he can take too much credit for that decision aa his record in appointing managers is shit.
If you blame him for the bad appointments surely you have to give praise for the good ones (one).