• NuNo

Votes: 25 59.5%

• Total voters
If he keeps us up he stays

If we go down hes been an absolute disaster and has to go

The mood will be awful and could only be lifted by bringing Cooper back

And we start again
There is simply no way Cooper is coming back,
As for Nuno, I think you have to judge him with a summer transfer window behind him.
Who do you think we could realistically get better in the championship?
It’s a moot point anyway as I doubt he would want to stay anyway.

If he keeps us up he stays

If we go down hes been an absolute disaster and has to go

The mood will be awful and could only be lifted by bringing Cooper back

And we start again

I don't think bringing Cooper back is the answer, and I doubt he'd want to come back if his relationship with EM was as fractured as reported.

But we wouldn't necessarily need Cooper to lift the mood - just a manager who isn't as dull as dishwater and can do a bit better than a 22% win rate.

Nuno hasn't earned the right to have a summer.

If you could see positives in the way we play and the things we do, if we'd improved defensively or even stopped conceding soft set play goals you could make a case that we're going in the right direction. None of those things are really happening and whilst we might play well on rare occassions, far more often we're passive and just hand initiative to the opposition.

There's no point sticking with the wrong manager for a summer hoping he becomes the right manager. If we keep Nuno he's sacked by October and we're in another season of upheaval and relegation trouble - assuming we actually manage to stay up under Nuno in the first place.

Glasner was a risk compared to Nuno who was a known quantity. Didn’t hurt that Nuno’s agent is Mendes.

Wasn’t thrilled by Nuno despite having Wolves supporting mates who love him. If we do well over the next three games then he might be kept on but if we go down or scrape survival then I think he is gone either way.
We'd likely be safe now with Glasner but hey-ho.

If you could see positives in the way we play and the things we do, if we'd improved defensively or even stopped conceding soft set play goals you could make a case that we're going in the right direction. None of those things are really happening and whilst we might play well on rare occassions, far more often we're passive and just hand initiative to the opposition.

There's no point sticking with the wrong manager for a summer hoping he becomes the right manager. If we keep Nuno he's sacked by October and we're in another season of upheaval and relegation trouble - assuming we actually manage to stay up under Nuno in the first place.

Precisely this.

When Hughton was here we 'gave him the summer' despite him having been utterly uninspiring the previous season, purely on the basis that he was a 'proper Championship manager' and having ignored the actual evidence.

If we stay up I could see EM going for Silva if he fires Nuno

With these new rules if we do manage to survive this season and next, then EM has the cash he wants to spend big and establish Forest

Equally is it fair to judge a manager with someone else’s team?
I’d argue it’s the squad that is at fault and behind the scenes. Not the manager.

If we stay up I could see EM going for Silva if he fires Nuno

With these new rules if we do manage to survive this season and next, then EM has the cash he wants to spend big and establish Forest
Why on earth would Silva leave Fulham for us ?
And don’t say money.
Might as well try for Klopp if we’re playing fantasy manager. at least he will be out of work.

For me, under Coops we always played like the plucky underdog versus one of the big boys in a cup clash. Good to pull off the odd shock but ultimately never good enough over the course of a season. Make no mistake we were going down under SC and as much as I loved Coops a change was needed.

Whilst not overwhelmed with Nuno, his record by and large has been one of success choose where he has been, I think even at Spurs he won 8 out of 17 games whilst being utterly derided by their fans.

I don’t buy this ‘only here for the pay check’ rhetoric, he’s just a calm, measured guy in my opinion, with, on the public front at least, quite a placid persona. Whilst some might see this as dull and uninspiring, for me I prefer a cool head at the helm rather than some animated lunatic jumping up and down on the sidelines.

I think we certainly look more of a premier league side under Nuno, he’s got us playing more on the front foot, rather than the low block football under Coops. Also I think he’s been desperately unlucky with losing some of our better, key players due to AFCON, subsequent injuries and some diabolical refereeing decisions which have undoubtedly cost us points.

I have a feeling we may just do enough to stay up and with a few key recruits actually think we will do alright next season. If not, it’s worth remembering the last time Nuno managed in the Championship his Wolves team absolutely monstered the league. Whether he stays or not is debatable but he’s proven he knows what it takes to get out of that division.

Interesting few weeks ahead…

Why on earth would Silva leave Fulham for us ?
And don’t say money.
Might as well try for Klopp if we’re playing fantasy manager. at least he will be out of work.
Not saying he would come but Fulham are like Palace, and will be happy with 12-15th each season
He may want the opportunity of cash to spend to target one of the euro places

His issue is that all players who want London, will see Fulham as the 5th choice option behind Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Hammers…

Glass ceiling there with a crap crowd atmosphere. Lovely ground though

Not saying he would come but Fulham are like Palace, and will be happy with 12-15th each season
He may want the opportunity of cash to spend to target one of the euro places

His issue is that all players who want London, will see Fulham as the 5th choice option behind Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Hammers…

Glass ceiling there with a crap crowd atmosphere. Lovely ground though
Will we have cash to spend?
We’ve already spent £200-300 million and we’re about to finish lower than last season.
How are we going to magically become a Euro spot chasing club?
It’s this mentality that’s part of the problem at the club, ‘ we’ve spent a bit of money why aren’t we top ten’
No patience, we’ve tried to run before we can walk.
Fulham and Palace have been better run clubs than ours over the last 20 years no use pretending otherwise.

We’ve already spent £200-300 million and we’re about to finish lower than last season.
It’s this mentality that’s part of the problem at the club, ‘ we’ve spent a bit of money why aren’t we top ten’
Fulham and Palace have been better run clubs than ours over the last 20 years no use pretending otherwise.
Well said.

I was just thinking the same, here we go again over expectations like the past 2 years and we are not even close to being safe this year yet.

IMO sticking with Nuno (once we stay up) is precisely what we need to do, he's a good manager we can't deny that or his record. It's not like he was given an easy task since coming in.

I don't know why but since October/November for me this entire season felt like it was going to be a write off anyway, just had a bad feeling about it then obviously everything happened (Injuries/Cooper/Background Stories/Injuries/Cooper/AFCON/Injuries). w

We just need to survive and build a team that's level headed and not made of biscuits

Not disagreeing with you, and trying to wrap my head around these new rules, and trying to understand what position we are in for next season (Will the PL make an adjustment to a system they have clearly admitted is not fit for purpose) and from 2025/26 what is our limit per year for spend.

We have to survive this season and understand what we need to do to be complaint by end of June. If the PL does nothing then we have 105m of allowable losses from July 1st. Do we need to sell before June 30th again, will there be concessions to sell before the transfer window and allow this to be counted this time,

So many unknowns. Going forward (25/26) if we have 85% of around 200m to spend per year, we can progress, but only if we are now following and adopting a steady and coherent business practice, like a Palace and Fulham as you say.

We are lucky that from July 1 we are clear of many contracts and loans, with only a handful of player issues to resolve. (O'Brien, Bowler, Huang, Dennis, Vlach)
We will get fees for all of those, but they were low cost and we will get lower fees back.

Turner, Worrall, Toffolo decisions to be made if we stay up. I see Turner staying as a number 2, and the other 2 sold. Sangare needs a pre-season

For me, under Coops we always played like the plucky underdog versus one of the big boys in a cup clash. Good to pull off the odd shock but ultimately never good enough over the course of a season. Make no mistake we were going down under SC and as much as I loved Coops a change was needed.

Whilst not overwhelmed with Nuno, his record by and large has been one of success choose where he has been, I think even at Spurs he won 8 out of 17 games whilst being utterly derided by their fans.

I don’t buy this ‘only here for the pay check’ rhetoric, he’s just a calm, measured guy in my opinion, with, on the public front at least, quite a placid persona. Whilst some might see this as dull and uninspiring, for me I prefer a cool head at the helm rather than some animated lunatic jumping up and down on the sidelines.

I think we certainly look more of a premier league side under Nuno, he’s got us playing more on the front foot, rather than the low block football under Coops. Also I think he’s been desperately unlucky with losing some of our better, key players due to AFCON, subsequent injuries and some diabolical refereeing decisions which have undoubtedly cost us points.

I have a feeling we may just do enough to stay up and with a few key recruits actually think we will do alright next season. If not, it’s worth remembering the last time Nuno managed in the Championship his Wolves team absolutely monstered the league. Whether he stays or not is debatable but he’s proven he knows what it takes to get out of that division.

Interesting few weeks ahead…
Absolutely agree with all that.

Only point I’d make is it probably would have been harder not to get out of the division with the players he had at his disposal in the championship and later on in the prem….

Why haven't injuries and two points deductions been such a distraction for Everton this season?

part of it is more experienced squad and an established one. ours was thrown together. they also cut the millstone that was limpard and possibly have not endured the kind of ref performances we have.

not saying nuno has been great but has had a lot of shit to manage.

lose against Sheffield tho and I will be joining you.