Do The Aston Villa Fans Have Faith In This Season Or Not? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Do The Aston Villa Fans Have Faith In This Season Or Not?

I'm well aware this will not be a popular point of view but I really don't care if we go up or not. I've loved this season, love how competitive this league is, it has restored some faith that there is real football still in this country. To go up would almost be a shame because we would be back into the avoiding relegation race, so depressing. I know I would be financially difficult to stay in this league, but they I wouldn't mind.

I dont think a relegation scrap would be guaranteed if we go up.

You see how well the likes of Burnley are doing, if we are clever and we keep players like Snodgrass, Terry and Johnstone there is no reason we couldn't aim for top 10 straight away.

Wurzel - 16/3/2018 10:21

I'm well aware this will not be a popular point of view but I really don't care if we go up or not. I've loved this season, love how competitive this league is, it has restored some faith that there is real football still in this country. To go up would almost be a shame because we would be back into the avoiding relegation race, so depressing. I know I would be financially difficult to stay in this league, but they I wouldn't mind.

I’d be 100% with you on that if I didn’t think we’d go bankrupt if we don’t go up. I remember a few Norwich fans saying that to me before they went to the play-off final the last time they went up. Couldn’t really understand it at the time. But I know now what they meant.

To gain automatic promotion IMO we need to win eight of the remaining games, last Saturday showed we have the ability, last Tuesday confirmed that we have struggled to dominate too often, even when we have won games. Think personally we will win 5-6 and both Cardiff and Fulham will match or better that.

In the play offs , a set of Wolves performances would see us promoted, 1 QPR performance would see us fail. A lot depends on our ability to dominate. Not knowing which one we'll get is part of the excitement. More fun than 5 years of feeding off scraps, that's for sure.

Whatever happens, this season has seen life breathed into the club, for that I'm grateful. My worry is the meltdown that will occur should we miss out.

Thought the Wolves game finally showed us what we were. The QPR game showed we were deluded. Not good for faith.

In theory there's still a reasonable chance of an automatic promotion spot. Trouble is we're more likely to have a blip than Wolves or Cardiff. April is going to be crucial. It requires Bruce to manage an intense run of 6 games, something he's not good at.

Automatic is gone in my humble. In truth I thought it after QPR but blind faith and all that and trying to be half full .

But in reality regardless of Cardiff result tommorrow I think it's gone.

I am very confident of a torture play off place though.

Fulford - 4/3/2018 22:07

If we beat Cardiff at home then we should overcome the 1 point deficit.

Fulham are the big danger.

Thirteen days ago that looked a reasonable statement Fulford. Amazing how quickly things change if you take your eye off the ball isnt it.

Better to plan for the playoffs, rather than hope for the automatics. April is a tough month. We need to manage the squad so that we are good enough to get to the playoffs without too much trouble, while leaving enough energy to cope with the playoffs.

Testing times. We CAN do it, but we need to be on top form when the playoffs come.

We will be playing in this division next season with albion, blues , Stoke. We are average with an average manager.

Playoffs is the reality, the problem is there the two teams I’m nervous an about meeting over two legs - Fulham and Boro. Which by default means we need to finish in a position to meet Derby or if one of the next teams managed to sneak in such as Milwall.

I’ll meet anyone in a final, but I’m not confident over two legs against either Fulham or boro