Diet | Page 2 | Vital Football

Diet

Spursex - 22/3/2013 08:29

oxfordspur - 22/3/2013 08:24

Decided, I was better off living in at least some minor degree of ignorance of the clip. however, I wouldnt dream of eating or feeding my kids chicken nuggets and our burgers are at least home made, though Im sure someone will talk to me about what is in shop/butchers mince...

LOL!

Just watch your kids run around - neigh problem! :10: :17:

Was late getting back last night so missed most of first half, how did Rose do?

Firstly the Romanians, were poor and 75% of the game was in their half. As I booked on the day, I didn't have the best seats and was sitting just inside the line of the 18 yrd box, that England attacked in the first half and for the benefit of Rose, I was in a decent position for our left side, where we gained most of our success.

Rose had hardly anything to do defensively and his starting position was on the halfway line and towards their edge of their box. I felt for him as he was all too often give the ball behind him (usually from Henderson) and therefore onto his right side and that negated any chance of his picking the ball up and attacking in any fluid movement.

He worked well with Sterling, who looks a genuinely excellent player, with speed, touch, balance and an eye for goal. The Romanian defence couldn't handle him or Zaha, who looks like a very good player in the making. Rose interlinked well with Sterling in particular and he showed real intellegence on occasions in talking the harder, but ,ore inventive option to allow Sterling ir whoever to cut inside on their stronger foot as opposed to going outside himself or pushing the ball wide for his team mate. On occasions, I felt he could have gambled and taken the ball outside himself, but I dod get the feeling that there was instruction to get the ball in r=early and drive the balls low, perhaps as their GK didnt look the most flexible or able to get down quickly

have to say that after rushing to get to the stadium and just getting my seat as the players lined up, I was disappointed to see that Only Rose was starting of the spurs boys :-( at that time, I didnt know the subs and was expecting/hoping to see Townsend come on for lansbury when he got injured in the first minute or so

Regarding dieting, I tend to eat healthily in the week. Smoothies, Cereal, fruit for breakfast and lunch, then lean meat or fish with veg and brown pasta or Rice for dinner. At the weekends I eat what I want. Life is to short to not enjoy the foods you love.

Of course don't forget the exercise, helps keep the weight off and is very good for self confidence. Do at least 3 cardio work out's a week of at least 40 mins a session. If you ain't sweating at the end of it, you ain't pushing yourself hard enough.

oxfordspur - 23/3/2013 11:03

RD, I have always thought you should be our VS diet and fitness expert.

:14:

Cheers. I did study in Sports Science so know a bit about the body and fitness.

So we now have our organic fruit and vegetables delivered every Tuesday morning. Along with the very overpriced blender we have purchased we are now in smoothie heaven....or so I have been told.

Favourite morning smoothie......so far...

1 cup of almond milk
1 cup of kale
1 cup of grapes
1 pear 1 heaping teaspoon of flax
1 cup of ice cubes

Any other ideas? RD?