Derby | Page 3 | Vital Football

Derby

Farke says 'he'd prefer not to play Derby under these circumstances because they will be fired up and motivated to show their quality and we are dealing with losing Godfrey.'

Alan Irvine on SKY saying he doubts any manager in world football would be 100% happy with their squad and will be looking to sign new players.................Alan, DF is happy.

On Placheta:

He's been involved in crucial situations, so I'm pleased with him so far. It's not good news that he's not available tomorrow. His pace and bravery can change a game. Placheta is top class and a great lad.'

DF also adds that he planned for Placheta to be involved later in the season.

Why do we buy players that we don't think can go straight in?

So how would you go?

I think DF will go:

Krul

Aarons
Zimmermann
Gibson
Xavi

Rupp
Skipp

McClean
Vrancic
Hernandez

Pukki

I would go

Krul

Aarons
Zimmermann
Gibson
Xavi

Tettey
Skipp

Hernandez
Idah
Martin (Buendia if possible)

Hugill

Subs:

McGovern - Hanley - Mumba - Pukki - Vrancic - McLean - Sorensen (Cantwell if possible)

Farke has listed his approach to criticising players: - First, question them internally - Then, question them in an internal group setting - Then try and provoke a response publicly

So if DF has had to resort to publicly criticising players that means he has not got the skills and ability to deal with the situation internally ..... which is the way these matters should be dealt with

So if DF has had to resort to publicly criticising players that means he has not got the skills and ability to deal with the situation internally ..... which is the way these matters should be dealt with

Imagine listening to one of DF 's tedious monologues.
I would issue a transfer request immediately afterwards.

Its a cluster fuck. Cheers bears for all the writes up from DF, did make me chuckle.
Its same old story isnt it. We had a platform last season to achieve things, we didnt, we embarrassed ourselves (well the owners did that). We were pre season favs to win the lge this season and now i just cant see us being in top 6 let alone win it. We all knew deep down our best players wld go, and again we buy cheap and mainly unproven replacements. Hugill wont get a chance with DF formations unless were losing again and DF throws him on for the last 6 minutes or so.
We all know the smiffs will not put hardly any of these transfer fees back into the squad. Id rather have harold shipman own us, atleast he wld kill the club rapidly rather than this ugly boring slow strangulation the smiffs are making endure.
Going right back to our great Euro efforts in the past under Walker, we had a chance to establish ourselves, under chase i know, but were still as unambitious as we was back then!

Its a cluster fuck. Cheers bears for all the writes up from DF, did make me chuckle.
Its same old story isnt it. We had a platform last season to achieve things, we didnt, we embarrassed ourselves (well the owners did that). We were pre season favs to win the lge this season and now i just cant see us being in top 6 let alone win it. We all knew deep down our best players wld go, and again we buy cheap and mainly unproven replacements. Hugill wont get a chance with DF formations unless were losing again and DF throws him on for the last 6 minutes or so.
We all know the smiffs will not put hardly any of these transfer fees back into the squad. Id rather have harold shipman own us, atleast he wld kill the club rapidly rather than this ugly boring slow strangulation the smiffs are making endure.
Going right back to our great Euro efforts in the past under Walker, we had a chance to establish ourselves, under chase i know, but were still as unambitious as we was back then!

I wish there was two Spitting Image puppets of the Stowmarket Two

I would say we are LESS ambitious now than under Chase. In the Chase period we finished 3rd, 4th and 5th In The Premier League and 2 FA Cup Semi Finals. Under Delia we have been to League One and are no threat to the top of the Premier League.

I would say we are LESS ambitious now than under Chase. In the Chase period we finished 3rd, 4th and 5th In The Premier League and 2 FA Cup Semi Finals. Under Delia we have been to League One and are no threat to the top of the Premier League.
Thats very true, id forgotten those lge positions, as much hated as chase was we did compete in those days at the very top

Superb post FY76 . Your say perfectly how I feel and I couldn’t put it down in words as well as you have :clap:

I think I remember the pink un chaps saying that a couple of the golden eggs (Cantwell, Emi, Lewis, Aaron, Godfrey) will be sold but not all of them the club wouldn't do that. Lewis and Godfrey have gone will it stop there I doubt it.

Lets have summary of the sit u achun ( Nigel ) since the terrible end of the premier league campaign post lock down.

The club announce they do not need to sell any of the big player assets as the club is financially sound.
We all know that if a player wants to go they will be sold, we seldom get the best price and the money will be banked to cover losses caused by the self funding disaster policy.

As soon as window opens SW goes on a spree of purchasing cheap / free players of which most will not feature in the first team.
He also identifies a few players who are no longer in DF 's plans.
We all know he is referring to Drimic, Leitner and Trybull but they are all still here. Wages being paid, nobody wants to buy and no squad numbers.

Out of the 10 signings, 3 are on loan, 2 out on loan and out of the remaining 5, 2 have not been on the pitch and only 2 have started
games and one of those has a long term injury.
The 2 ' big ' signings have barely featured so far with one not even having been on the pitch.

With a large squad and all of the best players retained the season commences and most people tip us to go up !
Oh what a surprise and 2 have now been sold ( 1 subject to contract ) whilst 2 more are not selected for the squad.
3 more departures appear likely.

The deadline for purchasing EFL players ends 11 days before the date allowing selling players to the premier league.
The club now have 2 weeks to sell the remaining best players but will not be able to sign decent replacements ( although they have no intention anyway ).

Following the anticipated next 2 / 3 departures, it will not be long before the club announce that they did their business early and we have a squad good enough to challenge for promotion.

We all know it will then be mid table obscurity.
The Smiffs will be delighted.

Last edited: