Derby | Page 14 | Vital Football

Derby

Do we know of any other side (Ever) keeping their coach after a series of results like that.
Not really, its horrific, like pukkis scoring record since last year too. I said give DF until 10 games and for me we need to win 5 out the next 6 for him to stay, no pressure!

Very disappointing.

Some positives though. We looked much much better at the back and took a very good freekick for them to score. Gibson and Zimbo look like they could be a good partnership. Rupp had a better game, we could have scored three if it wasn't for 2 top top saves from Marshall and a slip from Pukki. Xavis crossing and set-peices are a very good. It was nice to see Emi back and looked good.

The negatives.
We seem afraid to shoot and try too hard to walk it in. Poor choice of subs, Emi shouldn't have come off and it ruined the shape of the team when he did leaving us very unbalanced. Hugill need to come on earlier and should have been a straight swap for Pukki or Stiepermann so we had two up top.
Imo. EMI should have actually come off a lot sooner. He had a very early booking and was left to display annoyance against his fellow players on the field for far too long. Moving well into space but going crazy when he didn't receive the ball then missing the bigger picture while still being angry. He was moments away from a second booking and us down to 10 men. He is forever a liability when things are not going his way. Farke was much to slow to change that and should have swapped him for Hugill at half time.

As much as I admire your optimism Tuckster, my take on our current position is not so optimistic.

We have already sold 2 ' stars ' and although there are ready made replacements, both of these are on loan.
What little money is likely to be spent out of the fees, will go on the loan fee / wages and we have effectively not cashed in as when Summer 21 arrives we will not have the players or the money.
The defence looked ok but bearing in mind Derby were not even trying to attack and when the ball eventually got near our defence it was booted near to a 35 year old who as great as he was, could never fulfill yesterdays role.

The key to opening up defences is down to 3 players. one injured until next year, one effectively not existing and the other so temperamental is deemed not to be able to be on pitch for whole games.
Passing backwards and sideways for ages is not productive if the final ball is not defence splitting and results in crosses to a striker sitting on the bench for 85 minutes.

Goal scoring. We have scored 3 goals in 4 games and failed to register in last 2 games. This is simply nowhere good enough.
Whilst we have a promising prospect and main signing on the bench for 70 minutes, the constantly selected single striker continues to be look less confident game by game. The penalty debacle must surely signal the end of first choice striker position.

It is time to face facts.
Preston pressed us and we lost a tactical battle to Rab !!
Derby sat back and we could not break them down or score.

These represent the games we will have to face over the long winter months and having been at Preston game and watch yesterdays struggle on tv, I have seen nothing to suggest we can get anywhere near top 6 yet alone top 2.
The manager stubbornly refuses to change tactics, using players who are devoid of confidence resulting in losing to a very poor totally under confident Derby. Just imagine what will happen when we face a confident team already 6 / 8 points ahead of us.

We do not have the support of a full house, but do have a manager who does not know how to win games, players who are trying to leave and average players put out each week who are not good enough to challenge for a top 2 place.

I would suggest we get prepared for ( as one MP said ) 6 months of shit.

As much as I admire your optimism Tuckster, my take on our current position is not so optimistic.

We have already sold 2 ' stars ' and although there are ready made replacements, both of these are on loan.
What little money is likely to be spent out of the fees, will go on the loan fee / wages and we have effectively not cashed in as when Summer 21 arrives we will not have the players or the money.
The defence looked ok but bearing in mind Derby were not even trying to attack and when the ball eventually got near our defence it was booted near to a 35 year old who as great as he was, could never fulfill yesterdays role.

The key to opening up defences is down to 3 players. one injured until next year, one effectively not existing and the other so temperamental is deemed not to be able to be on pitch for whole games.
Passing backwards and sideways for ages is not productive if the final ball is not defence splitting and results in crosses to a striker sitting on the bench for 85 minutes.

Goal scoring. We have scored 3 goals in 4 games and failed to register in last 2 games. This is simply nowhere good enough.
Whilst we have a promising prospect and main signing on the bench for 70 minutes, the constantly selected single striker continues to be look less confident game by game. The penalty debacle must surely signal the end of first choice striker position.

These represent the games we will have to face over the long winter months and having been at Preston game and watch yesterdays struggle on tv, I have seen nothing to suggest we can get anywhere near top 6 yet alone top 2.
The manager stubbornly refuses to change tactics, using players who are devoid of confidence resulting in losing to a very poor totally under confident Derby. Just imagine what will happen when we face a confident team already 6 / 8 points ahead of us.

We do not have the support of a full house, but do have a manager who does not know how to win games, players who are trying to leave and average players put out each week who are not good enough to challenge for a top 2 place.

Wholeheartedly agree DG

Thoughts here, trying to look at the positives and be measured about it. You know me, glass half full!

https://norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk...unch-plenty-to-discuss-as-norwich-lose-again/
I really wished that I had your positively Tucks. I know it seems sacrilege on this site to talk down Emi but I for one will be pleased if someone would take him off our hands. I believe him to be a disruptive influence ( albeit skillful) and a liability on and off the pitch. I agree with you that there is a side within NCFC at the moment that are capable of a Championship top six finish but NEED the right direction. Once DF gets his head around Jordan Hugill and gives him the consistent starts he deserves then this side do have the propensity to flourish.

I can see no positives whatsoever in the start to this season . I am sick to death of the same feeble excuses after every loss like ‘ there were positives ‘ .... ‘progress is being made ‘ etc etc , FFS NO progess is being made . Hasn’t anybody noticed we have just been relegated with the worst team and set of results in our whole history since 1902 ? Even the horrific team of 2015/16 ( featuring the hopeless Jerome , Dorrans and Whittaker )who managed to relegate themselves managed 2 wins and 2 draws in their opening 4 games in the Championship , and that team failed leading to the sacking of Rab.

Positive no , but hopeful yes , that something will happen and this downward spiral will cease . Over to the unambitious Board who totally lack any hunger ,fight and determination to succeed to do something

You look at our nect couple of games and you'd have to say if we are serious about going up there should be at least 5 wins with Brentford away being the toughest.

Rotherham away
Birmingham home
Wycombe home
Brentford away
Bristol away
Millwall home

Great points, DG and I may well use them as the basis for a front page article tomorrow.
It reminds me of the start of the 2018/19 season up to the international break when I actually said that I had lost my faith in Farke and he should go.
Things changed dramatically after the break and that showed what I know!
It’s still very early and it may be that Pukki has list his mojo but I do see positives in some of the new lads. Gibson looks good but was hardly tested here. Hugill should start next game, perhaps in tandem with Pukki, although Rotherham have plenty of ability in the air defensively. Quintilla looks decent too, as does Placheta. Can Farke pull another rabbit from his hat and get it all gelling together?

You look at our nect couple of games and you'd have to say if we are serious about going up there should be at least 5 wins with Brentford away being the toughest.

Rotherham away
Birmingham home
Wycombe home
Brentford away
Bristol away
Millwall home

Bristol City might have something to say about that!