Derby County | Page 9 | Vital Football

Derby County

30 grand 30 grand Graeme Shinnie song would suggest most travelling Tics at least see it as either funny / payback

That's my point really, coz you know that many of those singing it will have been frothing at the mouth when it was happening to us and (if they were around at the time) probably didn't care when Latics did it in the past either

That's my point really, coz you know that many of those singing it will have been frothing at the mouth when it was happening to us and (if they were around at the time) probably didn't care when Latics did it in the past either
Administration is what it is unfortunately, and vultures will always circle looking for bargains, but Rooney moaning and calling us out for taking Shinnie is prime Irony given what he did to us.
The old adage rings true... if you can't take it, don't dish it.

Administration is what it is unfortunately, and vultures will always circle looking for bargains, but Rooney moaning and calling us out for taking Shinnie is prime Irony given what he did to us.
The old adage rings true... if you can't take it, don't dish it.

Again, that last sentence is one of the points I was trying to make - Many Latics fans weren't bothered when we did it in the past, were frothing when clubs did it to us & now aren't bothered when we're doing it again

That's no different than Rooney (or anyone at Derby) saying nothing when picking up Byrne & Marshall for buttons & now complaining that they lost Shinnie for the same

Again, that last sentence is one of the points I was trying to make - Many Latics fans weren't bothered when we did it in the past, were frothing when clubs did it to us & now aren't bothered when we're doing it again

That's no different than Rooney (or anyone at Derby) saying nothing when picking up Byrne & Marshall for buttons & now complaining that they lost Shinnie for the same
Many 'Tics fans were painfully naive in regards to our administration.
People thinking we would get market value for players had absolutely no idea what Administration actually entails.

It's Rooney and players that were given crazy wages who are the root of Derby's problems. I wonder if Latics would have got an extension from the EFl? yet still pay out crazy money. Have Derby not got a training ground to sell?

It's Rooney and players that were given crazy wages who are the root of Derby's problems. I wonder if Latics would have got an extension from the EFl? yet still pay out crazy money. Have Derby not got a training ground to sell?

No training ground as they lease it, nor ground as Morris owns it. No derelict chippy either! Only thing they have is players who they haven’t sold, hence why they’ve had to seek loans to keep going. Odd approach really as most of their players are out of contract in the summer anyway so now hold no value, even to new owners. I suppose the gamble is it may help keep them up, but given gambling to reach the promised land landed them in this mess it’s an odd approach by the administrators to carry it on. If I was a creditor, particularly hmrc and they’d made no effort to raise funds to pay bills i’d be furious and less likely to be flexible in any negotiation.

No training ground as they lease it, nor ground as Morris owns it. No derelict chippy either! Only thing they have is players who they haven’t sold, hence why they’ve had to seek loans to keep going. Odd approach really as most of their players are out of contract in the summer anyway so now hold no value, even to new owners. I suppose the gamble is it may help keep them up, but given gambling to reach the promised land landed them in this mess it’s an odd approach by the administrators to carry it on. If I was a creditor, particularly hmrc and they’d made no effort to raise funds to pay bills i’d be furious and less likely to be flexible in any negotiation.

Their admins must be confident of a sale going through as any loan taken on during an administration period is their responsibility. Unless they are able to sell the club and transfer the loans they will have to pay them.

Their admins must be confident of a sale going through as any loan taken on during an administration period is their responsibility. Unless they are able to sell the club and transfer the loans they will have to pay them.

I’d imagine so but I’d read the proposed sale price is already at the top end of, if not exceeding the value of the club, Any loans are just adding to the cost. There’s still unknowns though given the outstanding litigation from Middlesbrough and Wycombe. It’s still not known how they intend to resolve this issue and until they do no one is buying the club.

Why would anyone want to buy Derby at the 28m asking price?! An L1 club next season, that has no sellable playing assets due to everyones contract ending, no stadium, no training ground and possible multi million pay outs to Boro and Wycombe?

You could buy a L1 side and buy the league to get into the Championship for probably less than half of that.

Why would anyone want to buy Derby at the 28m asking price?! An L1 club next season, that has no sellable playing assets due to everyones contract ending, no stadium, no training ground and possible multi million pay outs to Boro and Wycombe?

You could buy a L1 side and buy the league to get into the Championship for probably less than half of that.

Think it’s in excess of 50 million with the stadium and that’s if hmrc accept 25% of what they’re owed. That said they’re putting up a commendable job of trying to stay up, helped it must be said by three other teams that can’t buy a point. I think they’re fortunate really it’s such a poor league this season they have a chance..

The biggest thing wrong with Derby is Roony's still there and will hapilly take the last breath Derby breathes walk away with it then sue whoever for the rest of his contract.

Stick to screwing grannies Shrek. Our club was raped and players stolen from us. Your house cost nearly as much as the asking price for Derby so shut the fuck up and stop slagging our club off.

It's all fair game for me. Derby didn't do anything wrong taking advantage of our situation to get one of our player of the year for peanuts - it's the hypocrisy of Rooney moaning about us doing it back to them after he did it to us so recently.

I seem to recall that the signing of Victor Moses was from a cash-strapped Crystal Palace for a fraction of his value, and the purchase of Exton was from an even more cash-strapped Bolton.

At the end of the day, football clubs are businesses. Wigan didnt cause Derby's financial problems, and nor did Derby cause Wigan's. Any crying to the media is a deflecting tactic over the true reason they are skint - the ridiculous salaries they pay.

A few Championship clubs might also be in doodoo ?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-u...ng-points-deduction-transfer-market-collapse/

"Up to seven Championship clubs are feared to be heading towards financial fair play breaches, as pressure grows on the Football League to agree new force majeure Covid allowances. " ..............................
"Clearly any retrospective force majure allowances won't apply to Wigan Athletic" said a spokesman for the EFL, Begbies Traynor and Barnsley FC

Why are they allowed to do this outside the transfer window ?

Derby County have raised much-needed funds by selling winger Kamil Jozwiak to MLS side Charlotte FC.

BBC Radio Derby have reported that the fee for the Poland international is £2m, which would go a long way to keeping the up-for-sale Championship club afloat for the rest of the season.

I think you have answered your own question in the 2nd half of your last paragraph.

The EFL is committed to supporting clubs to stay alive, as long as they are not doing it in a way that will give them an unfair advantage on the field. I cant see how selling a player to a club on the other side of the world improves Derby's on-field prospects.

A similar case would be cancelling Josh Windass's contract outside of a transfer window to save £XXX in wages. Possibly not £2m, but a significant enough sum to help keep afloat.

Why are they allowed to do this outside the transfer window ?

Derby County have raised much-needed funds by selling winger Kamil Jozwiak to MLS side Charlotte FC.

BBC Radio Derby have reported that the fee for the Poland international is £2m, which would go a long way to keeping the up-for-sale Championship club afloat for the rest of the season.
MLS Transfer window doesn't close until May 4th.