Derby County | Page 7 | Vital Football

Derby County

Seems most Derby fans have been in denial around the realities of admin and now after Jagielka to Stoke, Marshall to QPR and Shinnie (also maybe Byrne) to Latics the firesale phenomenon is kicking in !

I’ll give credit to Rooney. Never thought he’d make a manager but has got them firing through all the adversity they are facing. Every credit.

They apparently need £7 million to see out the season and have to show proof of funding, as indeed we did. Surprised they’ve been reluctant to sell before now as they’ve only two weeks to raise cash and so they’ll be forced to accept even lower bids than at start of window as everyone knows they’re really desperate. Odd approach really.

It’s also an odd situation with Middlesbrough and Wycombe wanting to sue them. Not entirely sure of the specifics but I’d rather be arguing Derby’s side on this one as seems someone speculative. However it seems the efl won’t allow any deal to be ratified without them being resolved, or a new buyer agreeing to do so and they unsurprisingly won’t. Given the combined claim is £50 million it’s hard to see how it can be resolved without a deal being struck, at considerable cost - and given you can’t initiate a court case in admin (unless admins agree - and they aren’t going to risk that) it seems like Derby are reaching checkmate unfortunately.

Seems most Derby fans have been in denial around the realities of admin and now after Jagielka to Stoke, Marshall to QPR and Shinnie (also maybe Byrne) to Latics the firesale phenomenon is kicking in !

You live by the sword etc etc.....bollocks to um.

I’ll give credit to Rooney. Never thought he’d make a manager but has got them firing through all the adversity they are facing. Every credit.

They apparently need £7 million to see out the season and have to show proof of funding, as indeed we did. Surprised they’ve been reluctant to sell before now as they’ve only two weeks to raise cash and so they’ll be forced to accept even lower bids than at start of window as everyone knows they’re really desperate. Odd approach really.

It’s also an odd situation with Middlesbrough and Wycombe wanting to sue them. Not entirely sure of the specifics but I’d rather be arguing Derby’s side on this one as seems someone speculative. However it seems the efl won’t allow any deal to be ratified without them being resolved, or a new buyer agreeing to do so and they unsurprisingly won’t. Given the combined claim is £50 million it’s hard to see how it can be resolved without a deal being struck, at considerable cost - and given you can’t initiate a court case in admin (unless admins agree - and they aren’t going to risk that) it seems like Derby are reaching checkmate unfortunately.

As a Wigan fan, I'm on the side of Middlesbrough and Wycombe, but I'd like it to go all the way through the courts so we get a definitive answer as to whether Derby should be forced to pay them or not. Because if they were to win in court, it must mean that technically we have a case for when QPR knocked us out the playoffs whilst breaking FFP rules in the 2013-14 season, so basically cheated us out of a potential promotion and 100 million quid of Premier League money. Derby would have a case as well, as QPR beat them in the final.

As a Wigan fan, I'm on the side of Middlesbrough and Wycombe, but I'd like it to go all the way through the courts so we get a definitive answer as to whether Derby should be forced to pay them or not. Because if they were to win in court, it must mean that technically we have a case for when QPR knocked us out the playoffs whilst breaking FFP rules in the 2013-14 season, so basically cheated us out of a potential promotion and 100 million quid of Premier League money. Derby would have a case as well, as QPR beat them in the final.

It won’t happen for this reason alone. Sets a dangerous precedent

They need to sell anything they have then, players, trading grounds, chippies, car parks like both Latics and Bolton did.
They have seen the extravaganza with over paid players and managers etc now it's pay back time.
Nobody would want to see them go bang but get things sold and exist is a better alternative.
Good luck to Wycombe too.

Hopefully, we give Shinnie a good welcome, we of all clubs will know how it must feel for players to be forced away from a club with no choice, he seems like a top pro so will give his all for us.

They need to sell anything they have then, players, trading grounds, chippies, car parks like both Latics and Bolton did.
They have seen the extravaganza with over paid players and managers etc now it's pay back time.
Nobody would want to see them go bang but get things sold and exist is a better alternative.
Good luck to Wycombe too.

Rooney is on a reported £90k a week, and even though he has reportedly deferred some of it, thats about £70k a week too much for even a top-end Championship Manager. With salaries like that, its no wonder they are bust.

Thoughts of yesterday ...

Did what we had to do ... should have scored half a dozen ... James Mc showed how good he can be ... Callum is a calm moment away from being a tremendous player ... we looked a threat all day long ... we never really looked in trouble ... at times, we start daydreaming, and desperately need someone to calmly take charge (yes, I know that these 3 points sound contradictory, but they can all be correct, all at the same time) ...silly foul to give away their goal ... turns out Will Keane is Julius Agahowa's third cousin, twice removed.

Also, how bloody foggy was that, driving back up the A1M onto the M62?! :oops:

Thoughts of yesterday ...

Did what we had to do ... should have scored half a dozen ... James Mc showed how good he can be ... Callum is a calm moment away from being a tremendous player ... we looked a threat all day long ... we never really looked in trouble ... at times, we start daydreaming, and desperately need someone to calmly take charge (yes, I know that these 3 points sound contradictory, but they can all be correct, all at the same time) ...silly foul to give away their goal ... turns out Will Keane is Julius Agahowa's third cousin, twice removed.

Also, how bloody foggy was that, driving back up the A1M onto the M62?! :oops:

Think your minds gone a little foggy mate, this is the Derby County thread. :silly:

Nixon reporting fee for Shinnie is only £30k. Fire sale started at Pride park

If the player is as good as is being reported by Derby fans (and I believe he is) then surely we’d get gazumped by some other club?….there must be a few Championship sides who need a defensive midfielder who would pay more than that for someone of his quality ? (you’d have thought)