Dempsey off | Page 3 | Vital Football

Dempsey off

I read that but he doesn't really say too much.

Typical fayre of an outgoing player.

I'd love to know what really swayed him - family, cash or not getting relegated?
All three mate.
Plus the point that Bolton have a half decent chance of doing well next season despite the undertones of financial irregularities again.
Trying to understand Bolton’s finances is a true crystal maze.
Nobody really knows what’s going on.

All three mate.
Plus the point that Bolton have a half decent chance of doing well next season despite the undertones of financial irregularities again.
Trying to understand Bolton’s finances is a true crystal maze.
Nobody really knows what’s going on.

I don't know why to some people this was a surprise that Dempsey left for Bolton. Although they are in the same league as us, in the peaking order of club, they are much higher than us.

I don't know why to some people this was a surprise that Dempsey left for Bolton. Although they are in the same league as us, in the peaking order of club, they are much higher than us.
The stars aligned for this move as they did for Harris joining us.
Dempsey will reduce his own spending by going back to the family home and giving up his rented flat down here.
Similar wages but more in pocket.
Whether Bolton fall back in to financial disarray is generally of no consequence to the players.
They get paid.
Bolton still have £30 million debt on their books.

Last edited:
I think he made it clear that it was his northern roots.

Yes, seems pretty clear from his quotes:

"another thing was that it was back up north and that is where I feel most comfortable"

"I’m glad to be back up North. It’s where my family is and all my mates, so I’m happy up here"

After reading that article, I'm not completely sure about this, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he might have wanted to "get it over the line".

You mean Kyle? Of course he did, he said that.
(Unless you meant Neil).

He said that NH tried to persuade him to stay on deadline day but he told him his mind was already made up. No harm in that. And as he pointed out he was voted MoTM by a lot of observers in his last game. Which puts a lie to a few posters on social media saying “let him go, he’s playing poorly his heart isn’t in it any more”. From what I saw he was fully committed on the pitch right to the end.

I wish him well. Except when they play us of course 👍

Yes, seems pretty clear from his quotes:

"another thing was that it was back up north and that is where I feel most comfortable"

"I’m glad to be back up North. It’s where my family is and all my mates, so I’m happy up here"
😊

That's Chelsea and Spurs out then.

I'm sure he would have battled through if the team was doing better, or if he was being paid more.

You mean Kyle? Of course he did, he said that.
(Unless you meant Neil).

He said that NH tried to persuade him to stay on deadline day but he told him his mind was already made up. No harm in that. And as he pointed out he was voted MoTM by a lot of observers in his last game. Which puts a lie to a few posters on social media saying “let him go, he’s playing poorly his heart isn’t in it any more”. From what I saw he was fully committed on the pitch right to the end.

I wish him well. Except when they play us of course 👍

Whhhoooosh!

The stars aligned for this move as they did for Harris joining us.
Dempsey will reduce his own spending by going back to the family home and giving up his rented flat down here.
Similar wages but more in pocket.
Whether Bolton fall back in to financial disarray is generally of no consequence to the players.
They get paid.
Bolton still have £30 million debt on their books.
Bet you Dempsey almost double his wage at Bolton

A selection of comments from the Bolton forum at the moment (currently 3-0 down at Burton):

- Dempsey is wank btw
- Dempsey looks like he’s never played before
- Dempsey again ffs, first time pass is on. Holds then passes it out for a throw
- Our midfield is still problematic. Especially with Dempsey looking so utterly woeful
- Bodvarsson, Dempsey, Sadlier and Aimson given a chance here to stake a claim in the first 11... Just awful
- Be nice if Dempsey did something. Anything. Or even bothered to turn up
- Fecking hell, Dempsey. I’m struggling with him I have to say

Any chance of getting him back on a free, do we think?

A selection of comments from the Bolton forum at the moment (currently 3-0 down at Burton):

- Dempsey is wank btw
- Dempsey looks like he’s never played before
- Dempsey again ffs, first time pass is on. Holds then passes it out for a throw
- Our midfield is still problematic. Especially with Dempsey looking so utterly woeful
- Bodvarsson, Dempsey, Sadlier and Aimson given a chance here to stake a claim in the first 11... Just awful
- Be nice if Dempsey did something. Anything. Or even bothered to turn up
- Fecking hell, Dempsey. I’m struggling with him I have to say

Any chance of getting him back on a free, do we think?

Scapegoat stuff.
3-0 down suggests its not just Dempsey.

They were beaten by the shittest team in the division, imagine paying to watch that crap every week and oh! the ref was crap 😂
Still suffering from big team syndrome apparently 😂😂😂

Don't forget the pitch. Like a beach. Or playing snooker on a minefield 😂

I sympathise for Kyle as wish him well, but am delighted to see Bolton struggle after the attitude of their club and fans over the Dempsey deal.