Dempsey off | Vital Football

Dempsey off

If true, I'm not surprised. I'm not particularly upset, either! Given that it's been talked about for quite some time now I've gotten more comfortable with the idea of going on without him. He's done very well for us since he joined and would go with most fans' best wishes, I'd imagine!

A few more quid in the bank won't hurt, either.

If true, I'm not surprised. I'm not particularly upset, either! Given that it's been talked about for quite some time now I've gotten more comfortable with the idea of going on without him. He's done very well for us since he joined and would go with most fans' best wishes, I'd imagine!

A few more quid in the bank won't hurt, either.

I’m in agreement with this.

If we can get decent money (£200k Shotty just mentioned would be excellent) then May as well take it.

And best wishes to Kyle for an excellent 18 months in blue 👍

Agree that if it is £200K, we'll need to take that given our financial predicament and we could get nothing from him at the end of the season. He's been a good whole hearted player for us for the short time he's been with us and I wish him luck. Bolton are a big club, but personally I think he deserves to be playing higher than that and would have wished for a move to a lower Champ or promotion pushing League One team for him. The biggest shame for me is that this didn't happen earlier to allow us more time to replace him - we now have hours to replace our best player.

Agree that if it is £200K, we'll need to take that given our financial predicament and we could get nothing from him at the end of the season. He's been a good whole hearted player for us for the short time he's been with us and I wish him luck. Bolton are a big club, but personally I think he deserves to be playing higher than that and would have wished for a move to a lower Champ or promotion pushing League One team for him. The biggest shame for me is that this didn't happen earlier to allow us more time to replace him - we now have hours to replace our best player.

Very true. But in all honesty even if we did replace Kyle, it wouldn’t be with someone at his standard anyway. And we do have quite a few midfielders.

“IF” Harris does arrive, it is rumoured he’s brining Ben Thompson (Millwall midfielder) too. No idea if this has any credibility mind.

If it's £200k then we've gotta take it. Not that we can spend it on anything but it will fill the financial black hole we'll be in this season (or some of it)

Bolton made an offer for KD "a couple of weeks (ago) now and is understood to be a six-figure sum".... " but Ian Evatt has vowed they will walk away from any deal if the prospect of overpaying for the midfielder's services looms." ......

Best wishes Kyle and thanks for everything.

Do we still have to play Bolton again? Please go easy on us. Good lad.

Surely this deal was completed hours ago!

It took GFC several hours to announce Harris was the new manager when he was at the training ground at 8am!

It took GFC several hours to announce Harris was the new manager when he was at the training ground at 8am!

Maybe PS was screwing Bolton for everything he could get. They seemed to be desperate to sign him.

Probably was. But that’s Bolton’s issue, up to them to officially announce. Thats usually the gentleman’s agreement between clubs.

And NH said in his interview he’d had several conversations about the job over the last few weeks. I’d like to believe PS’s side of the story that he was being thorough and investigating all options. And in my eyes, out of all the names mentioned as being “in the frame” Harris is by far the standout in my eyes.