Deal edging closer? | Page 43 | Vital Football

Deal edging closer?

The fee for Morsy had better be somewhere near his actual value. I’d have said £4 million or so when we were still in the Championship, perhaps at least £2 million now with sell ons etc. The admin will probably let him go for £400k though.

I haven’t seen anything to suggest he has said he wants to leave. If he has, good luck to him. If not, the effing admins have some serious questions to answer imo

Nixon has got everything right so far, even when admin denied his claims he has been proven correct.

If we aren't going to listen to Nixon then all we have to go off is admin who said there would be no fire sale, players would only go for proper fees, we wouldn't sell if we only had one player in that position, that none of the assets would be sold seperetly etc. Nixon called all the sales in advance, Euxton going, Smurthwaite, Ganaye, the Americans, etc - he's clearly got the inside track.

There is only one person with a exceptional track record on what is going on and while it doesn't mean he is definitely right this time. I think he's done enough to suggest he's worth believing at this point. If it was any other journalist I'd take it with a pinch of salt but for years he's been proven right so often he's earned my trust.

KDZ, I am well aware of your respect for the info Nixon provides but you still have not provided evidence of any bid being placed by the Americans other than what Nixon says. In law that would be hearsay, and in my opinion is just Nixon being used as a mouthpiece for the American bid. Telling us what they want us to believe, rather than what is really happening. If the Americans have placed a bid with the admins and it is in excess of the asking price then come clean, abandon their anonymity clause and openly state that that is what has been bid instead of starting rumours through the press. They have the right to shed their anonymity as Lenagan did so why all the back door stuff if they really have been knocked back by the admins and been disadvantaged by it. They would have a legal avenue to insist the admins sold to them, however, as I said in my opinion it is all supposition and rumour and no bid has been placed.

The fee for Morsy had better be somewhere near his actual value. I’d have said £4 million or so when we were still in the Championship, perhaps at least £2 million now with sell ons etc. The admin will probably let him go for £400k though.

If Moore went for 1.8, Williams for 1.2, Kipre 1m, Lowe 800k under Admins valuations I imagine if we got 1.5m we'd do well.

Worst negotiators ever.

Have we not sold enough yet to settle the 25p in the pound ?....
I believe so given the previous statements by Krapsner yet despite a number of requests the admins have spectacularly failed to publish and update a reducing balance of the debt level. This is where Nandy, the EFL and the Council should be pressurising these parasites and challenging the stringing out, to max their fees, of this horrible process
Seems to me, like the crowdfunder, they are after a stretch target by continuing to suck the life out of our club.

I didnt honestly expect him to stay but like others have stated the fee better be fair or I think its the last straw and fans will kick up a huge stink. I still cant quite beleive nathan byrne and kal naismith are here, who scouts for other teams they would go for buttons.

KDZ, I am well aware of your respect for the info Nixon provides but you still have not provided evidence of any bid being placed by the Americans other than what Nixon says. In law that would be hearsay, and in my opinion is just Nixon being used as a mouthpiece for the American bid. Telling us what they want us to believe, rather than what is really happening. If the Americans have placed a bid with the admins and it is in excess of the asking price then come clean, abandon their anonymity clause and openly state that that is what has been bid instead of starting rumours through the press. They have the right to shed their anonymity as Lenagan did so why all the back door stuff if they really have been knocked back by the admins and been disadvantaged by it. They would have a legal avenue to insist the admins sold to them, however, as I said in my opinion it is all supposition and rumour and no bid has been placed.

Admin were happy to confirm they hadn't agreed to sell to Lenegan so why are they not willing to deny the offer we are discussing now? They have commented many times on press stories until now when they are are suddenly not willing to answer anything. I suspect they know the answers they give will show them in a bad light.

If the Americans are being messed around and admin moving the goal posts like we are lead to believe the Americans are in an awkward position as going public could have knock on consequences to delay or make a deal even more difficult.

If admin have not done anything illegal getting into a public argument will probably not actually help and make Admin even more difficult to deal with when time is already against us.

If the Americans believe there has been something genuinely untoward going public or launching legal action could result in all sorts of delays and complications when they need to get the deal done. You cant reverse the assets already sold so you maybe get the deal done as best you can and then raise your concerns with the appropriate authorities / investigate afterwards.

I don't think admin are doing anything illegal (they would be mad to do so as they make a mint working within the rules and the cost of getting caught so high) but it does appear they moved the goal posts. From what we hear they were in a great position to make a deal at or close to the asking price but decided to proceed with player sales instead to raise additional funds before trying to do the deal. I think their decisions in the past were in the creditors best interests but also to a degree necessary for us due to the level of debt so you accept it - but these last few sales with so many debts paid and a buyer waiting (apparently) were not necessary under the circumstances.

Last edited:
Admin were happy to confirm they hadn't agreed to sell to Lenegan so why are they not willing to deny the offer we are discussing now? They have commented many times on press stories until now when they are are suddenly not willing to answer anything. I suspect they know the answers they give will show them in a bad light.

If the Americans are being messed around and admin moving the goal posts like we are lead to believe the Americans are in an awkward position as going public could have knock on consequences to delay or make a deal even more difficult.

If admin have not done anything illegal getting into a public argument will probably not actually help and make Admin even more difficult to deal with when time is already against us.

If the Americans believe there has been something genuinely untoward going public or launching legal action could result in all sorts of delays and complications when they need to get the deal done. You cant reverse the assets already sold so you maybe get the deal done as best you can and then raise your concerns with the appropriate authorities / investigate afterwards.

I don't think admin are doing anything illegal (they would be mad to do so as they make a mint working within the rules and the cost of getting caught so high) but it does appear they moved the goal posts. From what we hear they were in a great position to make a deal at or close to the asking price but decided to proceed with player sales instead to raise additional funds before trying to do the deal. I think their decisions in the past were in the creditors best interests but also to a degree necessary for us due to the level of debt so you accept it - but these last few sales with so many debts paid and a buyer waiting (apparently) were not necessary under the circumstances.

I don't want to drag this out but you are avoiding my question, were is the evidence that a bid of sufficient value has been submitted by the Americans. I have seen no evidence of it other than rumour and supposition from Nixon.

As far as the admins coming clean on it, without permission from the bidder they can't name them under the NDA, however as I said the bidders can break their silence whenever they want, therefore if the Americans have made a large enough bid and are being ignored then break their silence and bring it to the attention of the courts who are in a position to overrule the admins.

All that Nixon is putting out is gossip and speculation that is being fed to him from Ganaye to stir the pot.

Player sales will continue, as per the admins remit, until all the creditors have been paid in full or a contract to buy the club is signed and no amount of whinging from potential bidders will stop them as they are ultimately working for the clubs creditors and not the bidders or us the fans. Forget the 25%, that is the minimum that they need to pay to avoid a penalty, the aim of the admins is to return 100% to the people owed money and if that means selling all the players they will do that.

Edit:

Sorry, forgot to add that Lenagan had already gone public and therefore they could discuss his bid as it did not break the NDA.

I don't want to drag this out but you are avoiding my question, were is the evidence that a bid of sufficient value has been submitted by the Americans. I have seen no evidence of it other than rumour and supposition from Nixon.

As far as the admins coming clean on it, without permission from the bidder they can't name them under the NDA, however as I said the bidders can break their silence whenever they want, therefore if the Americans have made a large enough bid and are being ignored then break their silence and bring it to the attention of the courts who are in a position to overrule the admins.

All that Nixon is putting out is gossip and speculation that is being fed to him from Ganaye to stir the pot.

Player sales will continue, as per the admins remit, until all the creditors have been paid in full or a contract to buy the club is signed and no amount of whinging from potential bidders will stop them as they are ultimately working for the clubs creditors and not the bidders or us the fans. Forget the 25%, that is the minimum that they need to pay to avoid a penalty, the aim of the admins is to return 100% to the people owed money and if that means selling all the players they will do that.

Edit:

Sorry, forgot to add that Lenagan had already gone public and therefore they could discuss his bid as it did not break the NDA.

Well keep selling the players then but don't be surprised if buyers become disillusioned in the meantime or that the price will drop as with every player the price will go down as all you will end up with is a stadium that's pissing money every month with no hope of raising funds or using it in the near future. I could put my house up for 4 million but unfortunately it's a buyers market. Then if someone offered 1.5 and then I said let's talk it in meantime I'm flogging bathroom, kitchen and all appliances and I'm not sure if I'm ripping central heating out the buyer might pull out of the deal.

Well keep selling the players then but don't be surprised if buyers become disillusioned in the meantime or that the price will drop as with every player the price will go down as all you will end up with is a stadium that's pissing money every month with no hope of raising funds or using it in the near future. I could put my house up for 4 million but unfortunately it's a buyers market. Then if someone offered 1.5 and then I said let's talk it in meantime I'm flogging bathroom, kitchen and all appliances and I'm not sure if I'm ripping central heating out the buyer might pull out of the deal.

You are failing to see my point. The admins have no allegiance with anyone, least of all us the fans. They are charged with getting money back for creditors, not a percentage the whole amount, and will continue to raise funds until they either cover all those debts or agree a deal to settle and offer the creditors a percentage, which incidentally the creditors don't have to accept.

Constantly harping on about the admins doing their job is a waste of time and effort as it will not stop them, there is nothing that we can do to stop them selling everything off at whatever price they can get for it. If you want to help the club then get behind the SC and hope that they are able to negotiate a stake in the club through a partnership with one of the bidders.

Before anyone accuses me of giving up, I have not, and am focussing my efforts on supporting the SC and trying to get people on here to see the reality and not the speculation.

I genuinely hope Ganaye and his men are successful in buying us. They've stuck around and put up with all sorts of shit, and seem to have genuine intentions. Otherwise they'd have walked away by now. I think the ideal scenario would be a joint bid between these people and the consortium that Jonathan Jackson is reported to be trying to put together.

I can't help but feel these last minute bidders are just chancers even though I admittedly know nothing about them.

As for Krasner claiming that both bids are fronted by football people. That counts for nothing. A lot of Boltons problems started when Dean Holdsworth got a consortium together. It means nothing.

I genuinely hope Ganaye and his men are successful in buying us. They've stuck around and put up with all sorts of shit, and seem to have genuine intentions. Otherwise they'd have walked away by now. I think the ideal scenario would be a joint bid between these people and the consortium that Jonathan Jackson is reported to be trying to put together.

I can't help but feel these last minute bidders are just chancers even though I admittedly know nothing about them.

As for Krasner claiming that both bids are fronted by football people. That counts for nothing. A lot of Boltons problems started when Dean Holdsworth got a consortium together. It means nothing.

Sadly, according to Krasner on Wigan Today, the Americans are not serious bidders. Even though they have been here for weeks.

Time to move on ganayehad enough time to buy well the yanks did
Hope krasner is right about these new serious bidders