DC 40-1 | Page 2 | Vital Football

DC 40-1

No worries,im sorry im not good on the english language and my grammer but i arent changing it now for anybody not even Mr Noble.

Well it's time you did fella' because one day it could land you in trouble. I mean, it's not as if it's that difficult: 'there' means a place, 'their' means the object belongs to the subject and 'they're' is simply a diminutive form of 'they are' - see?

Jones joined Luton 6 months before dc joined us. And Luton were in a league higher.
One league 2 failed playoff season.
One league two promotion season.
Half a season getting his team to 2nd in league one.
Brought through some good youngsters... that were probably in the Luton system already.
Took Luton to the ceiling of 9k fans in a 9k stadium

They certainly could - they gave John Still a £1 million bonus just for getting them back to the FL, remember. And with a new stadium in the pipeline, Luton is actually an attractive job. Whether you would wish to live in Luton instead of lovely Lincoln is another question entirely - I wouldn't for a kick-off.

Having said that, DC/NC are going nowhere. While they can still add value, that is. Without doubt, they will want to see how far they can take this club and will surely be looking at the Championship - the opportunity to return this club to its highest ever level must be irrisistible for them. If tiny clubs like Crewe, Colchester and Burton can get there, we certainly can.

Yes , of course they will go as far as they can , but IMO the time will come when even they may decided the lure of a "bigger" club may prove to difficult to turn down . Someone earlier mention West Ham , which would be my inclination also . You can take the "boy from Essex , but never Essex from the boy ". Ive lived in the North West for 45 odd years , but my home is SE London . Alway will be

Well done to Stoke for going a little left field rather than the initially mooted root. Jones is a very good young manager.

This does of course move Danny up a further place in the managers time at a club list. 19th longest in the EFL now I believe

Well it's time you did fella' because one day it could land you in trouble. I mean, it's not as if it's that difficult: 'there' means a place, 'their' means the object belongs to the subject and 'they're' is simply a diminutive form of 'they are' - see?
Land me in trouble ! You serious? Just because my written language is not perfect! Crikey what is the world coming to .

Well done to Stoke for going a little left field rather than the initially mooted root. Jones is a very good young manager.

This does of course move Danny up a further place in the managers time at a club list. 19th longest in the EFL now I believe
Dannys a winner so anything less than 1st on this list is not good enough! ????

They certainly could - they gave John Still a £1 million bonus just for getting them back to the FL, remember. And with a new stadium in the pipeline, Luton is actually an attractive job. Whether you would wish to live in Luton instead of lovely Lincoln is another question entirely - I wouldn't for a kick-off.

Having said that, DC/NC are going nowhere. While they can still add value, that is. Without doubt, they will want to see how far they can take this club and will surely be looking at the Championship - the opportunity to return this club to its highest ever level must be irrisistible for them. If tiny clubs like Crewe, Colchester and Burton can get there, we certainly can.

They'd surely move back to Essex if they went to Luton!

But whilst Luton may have more money, we have some too.
Plus the Cowleys are LOYAL (as they showed with Concord Rangers).

I do think West Ham will be their destination in due course (And their aim too).
Whether that will need an intermediate step is for them to judge or maybe they can keep working wonders with us sufficiently to earn them the West Ham move direct.

Last edited:
They'd surely move back to Essex if they went to Luton!

But whilst Luton may have more money, we have some too.
Plus the Cowleys are LOYAL (as they showed with Concord Rangers).

I do think West Ham will be there destination in due course (And their aim too).
Whether that will need an intermediate step is for them to judge or maybe they can keep working wonders with us sufficiently to earn them the West Ham move direct.
Their chances improve if West Ham mess up like stoke.
But they need more success, a bit higher up,themselves first. Imo

Not too far fetched to say this time next year we could be in a similar situation to Luton today.

Easy - if it's 'personal' it has an 'I' (their) ?

One thing worth noting is that DC and NC have always seemed to see out a season before making a move; they didn't jump ship half-way through just to take up an opportunity. If they do move on, whether it is at the end of a contract or during it, I wouldn't see it being part-way through a season; especially not a successful one with unfinished business on the table.

What I can't believe is the vitriol being posted on their board towards Nathan Jones, the few who are wishing him well are getting hounded down. I hope that if and when Danny and Nicky leave we can show a bit more class and wish them well at a bigger club. He has taken them from the bottom of League 2 to the top of League 1 and all the majority of them can do on The Outlaws board is slag him off!

Absolutely classless and no thanks for what he has done for them, absolutely unbelievable! What a lovely set of fans they are, Not! :shake:

What I can't believe is the vitriol being posted on their board towards Nathan Jones, the few who are wishing him well are getting hounded down. I hope that if and when Danny and Nicky leave we can show a bit more class and wish them well at a bigger club. He has taken them from the bottom of League 2 to the top of League 1 and all the majority of them can do on The Outlaws board is slag him off!

Absolutely classless and no thanks for what he has done for them, absolutely unbelievable! What a lovely set of fans they are, Not! :shake:
Not for 1 second do I think DC and NC would leave us in the middle of the season or actually until we are another level higher at least, but if they did leave today I would clap them to the rafters and wish them well. And welcome them back in a few years too.
Nathan Jones is obviously taking his chance at a higher level and bigger payday now, while his stock is high. And with Stoke struggling he had a decent shot of success of sorts. BUT DC and NC's loyalty and respect for the job in hand is unfortunately rare.