DC 40-1 | Vital Football

DC 40-1

David Moyes seems a shoo-in for this. Probably tapped up before the job was available!!
Betting companies just trying to get people to lose their hard earned pennies

Fans don't want big Sam or moyes according to fanz forum, my bet is that it could go to Jones at Luton.

The Luton manager is apparently the favourite for it now...
Will Luton come sniffing for Danny?

You could very well be right , however in any job money counts . Same job description for more money , no brainer
For most maybe But we know the Cowleys are different and they have stated that money is not there prime objective.There learning there "trade"with us and will be here for several more seasons yet i would guess.Family is also massive with them and they are now settled up here in homes and schools.

For most maybe But we know the Cowleys are different and they have stated that money is not there prime objective.There learning there "trade"with us and will be here for several more seasons yet i would guess.Family is also massive with them and they are now settled up here in homes and schools.

100% agree with you, they seem to be from a different cut of cloth compared to others in the footballing world.

However totally understand that money talks and football is a ruthless business.

100% agree with you, they seem to be from a different cut of cloth compared to others in the footballing world.

However totally understand that money talks and football is a ruthless business.

They are very different in so many ways. They can both walk in to any PE teaching role in the country, they don’t need football to survive, they love football and have said on more than one occasion that it is not a job to them more their hobby that they now get paid for. They will take us to the Championship at least, if they think thats as far as they can take us they may think of leaving, but who is going to give them time in the Championship or Premier League?

2 friends of mine who are both coaches in the championship say the same thing, ‘you are 8 games from the sack and almost all managers at that level are short termist’ obviously the top 6 in the prem are slightly different but those aside i think they are correct.

DC and NC are intelligent enough to see that, the West Ham job maybe emotionally too difficult to turn down though.

I would imagine they are both being remunerated more than decently by us; therefore, I really don't think money would be a head-turner at this stage. And let's not forget they've only just moved their families up to Lincolnshire and got their kids into a decent school. Could a club like Luton really offer the money or opportunity to let all of that go now? I really don't think so.

We all know they'll leave at some point, but when they do, it'll be for what they consider to be the right opportunity. I'd imagine that would entail a similar project to Lincoln, i.e. a club who've perhaps fallen on hard times - at least on a football level - but with a fanbase and stature bigger than ours. Perhaps one of those 'big' Championship clubs who find themselves relegated into League 1? A situation increasingly common in the last decade or so (e.g. Sunderland, Portsmouth, Southampton, Forest, Sheffield Wednesday/United etc.).

I would imagine they are both being remunerated more than decently by us; therefore, I really don't think money would be a head-turner at this stage. And let's not forget they've only just moved their families up to Lincolnshire and got their kids into a decent school. Could a club like Luton really offer the money or opportunity to let all of that go now? I really don't think so.

We all know they'll leave at some point, but when they do, it'll be for what they consider to be the right opportunity. I'd imagine that would entail a similar project to Lincoln, i.e. a club who've perhaps fallen on hard times - at least on a football level - but with a fanbase and stature bigger than ours. Perhaps one of those 'big' Championship clubs who find themselves relegated into League 1? A situation increasingly common in the last decade or so (e.g. Sunderland, Portsmouth, Southampton, Forest, Sheffield Wednesday/United etc.).
I think Luton are ahead of us for a new ground though.However i honestly dont see why they cant do a Wenger and be with us for many years to come.
If they trust Clive and the board then why not stay?

Their. They're. Their

Haha sorry Redimps1 - saw your post on another thread regarding this!

Could a club like Luton really offer the money or opportunity to let all of that go now? I really don't think so.

They certainly could - they gave John Still a £1 million bonus just for getting them back to the FL, remember. And with a new stadium in the pipeline, Luton is actually an attractive job. Whether you would wish to live in Luton instead of lovely Lincoln is another question entirely - I wouldn't for a kick-off.

Having said that, DC/NC are going nowhere. While they can still add value, that is. Without doubt, they will want to see how far they can take this club and will surely be looking at the Championship - the opportunity to return this club to its highest ever level must be irrisistible for them. If tiny clubs like Crewe, Colchester and Burton can get there, we certainly can.