Dave Greenfield | Page 4 | Vital Football

Dave Greenfield

It's difficult to grasp just how big The Seekers were at one point. In 1965 the 'unfashionable' Australian group were bigger than the Beatles per record sales reportedly, and as much as the incredible Shane Warne was rightly revered he never played in front of 200,000 Aussies.

Very sad to see the passing of Judith Durham . To me , no decade come anywhere close to the 60s in terms of the music scene . My 45 collection was vast with records from all areas . But something about the Seekers will always be to the forefront of my memories . She had a wonderful voice , assisted by superb musicians . One certainly in my top 10 from the 60s

To bring this thread up to date, I see that the death of Jet Black drummer with The Stranglers has been announced at the age of 84

Another exceptional musician In Andy Rourke, bassist with The Smiths passes away after a long battle with pancreatic cancer. Nearly four decades since I saw them at Rock City. Underrated distinctive bass player

Another exceptional musician In Andy Rourke, bassist with The Smiths passes away after a long battle with pancreatic cancer. Nearly four decades since I saw them at Rock City. Underrated distinctive bass player

Really sad news. I’d recommend Johnny Marr’s autobiography if you’ve not read it - one of the good guys.