Dave Greenfield | Page 3 | Vital Football

Dave Greenfield

Charlie Watts dies.

Another part of our formative years lost. Hadn't realised he was big into jazz - it'll be interesting to find out what else we didn't know when some proper tributes are shown/broadcast. One point I picked up was that he really valued his family, but also loved playing drums; the only way he could play drums in the way he wanted was to tour, so he really missed his family when on tour, and missed playing his drums when at home

One of the greats of the British pop/rock scene . Part of the greatest group this country has produced . He also had a love of Antiques and old cars , plus his dogs and horses . I was luck enough the be at the concert in the park in 1969 , Hyde Park . will ve sorely missed but groups members , fans and more importantly his family . His replecment Steve Jordan im sure will be and adequate replacement .
R.I.P Charlie Watts

If The Beatles were instrumental in creating pop, there's an argument The Stones did the same for rock.

Kudos for being at that concert, Chesh. Just after Brian Jones died?

If The Beatles were instrumental in creating pop, there's an argument The Stones did the same for rock.

Kudos for being at that concert, Chesh. Just after Brian Jones died?
Great day for all . Yes ot was just after Brian Jones death and of I remember it was his replacement Mick Taylor first appearance as a stone. Kings Crimson, Alex is Corner and Battered Ornaments also appeared.

Great day for all . Yes ot was just after Brian Jones death and of I remember it was his replacement Mick Taylor first appearance as a stone. Kings Crimson, Alex is Corner and Battered Ornaments also appeared.

Battered Ornaments I've never heard of.

Stones first hit...written by the Beatles...just saying.

The record to which you refer was " I wanna be your man" written my Lennon and McCartney and reach no 12 in 1963. But it was not the first . The first hit was "come on " written by the great Chuck Berry and reach no 21 earlier in 1963 . Anything 30 and above was considered to be a bit. Just saying lol

The record to which you refer was " I wanna be your man" written my Lennon and McCartney and reach no 12 in 1963. But it was not the first . The first hit was "come on " written by the great Chuck Berry and reach no 21 earlier in 1963 . Anything 30 and above was considered to be a bit. Just saying lol

Ah ok. Well point was still valid 😀

Apparently held in high regard among his peers, with plenty paying massive respect to him.
Bit disappointed in Suzi Quatro yesterday. She ruined her kind words by using the end of her tv time to promote an upcoming gig. A little distasteful IMO.

Bit disappointed in Suzi Quatro yesterday. She ruined her kind words by using the end of her tv time to promote an upcoming gig. A little distasteful IMO.[/QUOTE
]
"er in doors did mention something similar about SQ , a minor discretion i would say .

Apparently held in high regard among his peers, with plenty paying massive respect to him.
Bit disappointed in Suzi Quatro yesterday. She ruined her kind words by using the end of her tv time to promote an upcoming gig. A little distasteful IMO.

And also an excellent sense of humour...

I was saddened to discover that Gary Brooker had recently left us. My son is a classically trained pianist and it is fair to say his views on music and mine on Dad rock rarely align (he loves Freddie of course - Mercury as well as Chopin) but on this piece, no argument we could both agree; a georgous performance of a sumptuous song.