Darcey | Page 2 | Vital Football

Darcey

Maybe its just happened again lol. We will never know.
You should have more faith in Bradley Galinson.i strongly believe that he wants to learn about the EFL this was a opportunity to help with that . Scally and Kenny probably did the first interviews.Then Brad was left with those who they felt had potential.That would have been all three of them plus the applicants.My own guess is that would have been far more than two .
Brad would want to make that call reduced to two would mean Scally and Kenny making the majority of the decision.
Given our position there would have been probably hundreds of applications.Of which it appears about twenty got a first interview.
Anyway who cares.
WE HAVE THE BEST COACH IN THE LOWER LEAGUES.

Last edited:
You should have more faith in Bradley Galinson.i strongly believe that he wants to learn about the EFL this was a opportunity to help with that . Scally and Kenny probably did the first interviews.Then Brad was left with those who they felt had potential.That would have been all three of them plus the applicants.My own guess is that would have been far more than two .
Brad would want to make that call reduced to two would mean Scally and Kenny making the majority of the decision.
Given our position there would have been probably hundreds of applications.Of which it appears about twenty got a first interview.
Anyway who cares.
WE HAVE THE BEST COACH IN THE LOWER LEAGUES.
The point is none of us know

In reality I have never cared who the manager or owner is as i blindly support the team no matter what and always will.
Most weeks i do not even know who we are playing at home until i get there lol.

I’d be amazed if Brad was even aware of the posts.
If it is believed that press and betting sites use sites like this to find information.Then isn't it believable that members of our club might do too at times?
Not saying Brad reads our rubbish But he might have had someone get fan opinion on here?
Not sure Darcey would have made any difference.But Clemence being more positively received by the majority might have done.

Shame if he’s gone. Some great posts, but all removed now.

On hiring
“The power of doing anything with quickness is always prized much by the possessor, and often without any attention to the imperfection of the performance.”

On politics and philosophy
““There is, I believe, in every disposition a tendency to some particular evil—a natural defect, which not even the best education can overcome.”

On us
““A supporter’s imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to unreasonable anger in a moment.”

And finally on his role posting on here
“If you will thank me, let it be for yourselves alone. That the wish of giving happiness to you might add force to the other inducements which led me on, I shall not attempt to deny. But your football club owes me nothing. Much as I respect them, I believe I thought only of you.”

What a man! We shall miss him.

If it is believed that press and betting sites use sites like this to find information.Then isn't it believable that members of our club might do too at times?
Not saying Brad reads our rubbish But he might have had someone get fan opinion on here?
Not sure Darcey would have made any difference.But Clemence being more positively received by the majority might have done.
I could see someone like Phil Catterick, the club’s head of media, occasionally reading the site, but I’d be doubtful Brad is even aware it exists.
However, I know Brad listens to the ME7 Podcast, as when you listen live you can see the other listeners, and on Saturday they were lukewarm to cold on the prospect of Lindsey, so perhaps that’s what got Clemence the final nod?! :LOL:

Incidentally I see Darcey’s name has changed to “deleted at members request” so he has left us!

That’s a pity. I enjoyed Darceys posts and views. He is a big Gills fan despite living elsewhere now and following his mate Scott’s teams. No problem with that.

Hope he comes back sometime. Maybe as Mozzer2 or another username 😁
I think he’d have only come back to Priestfield if Scott had got the job. Says he has no reason to come back to Gillingham any more since family have moved on, so not sure whether he’s still a Gills fan now.
But yes it was good to get an insight from someone close to a manager of an opposing League 2 team!

I could see someone like Phil Catterick, the club’s head of media, occasionally reading the site, but I’d be doubtful Brad is even aware it exists.
However, I know Brad listens to the ME7 Podcast, as when you listen live you can see the other listeners, and on Saturday they were lukewarm to cold on the prospect of Lindsey, so perhaps that’s what got Clemence the final nod?! :LOL:
A manager or head coach that doesn't have a fair bit of support is on a very sticky wicket. Especially as Harris was at least doing OK . Clemence has been brave talking on the FA cup game a instant no win situation.But given his background and indeed his assistant past clubs. I am confident he will get the job done.
As for Darcey at least he didn't stay a constanty moan about the situation.He will be welcome back by me and I possibly was one of the hardest on him .

They all check it out mate.
Chairman, managers, players.
It’s the number one Gills forum.
One ex keeper was a regular poster on here.