Darcey | Vital Football

Darcey

The right decision was made in my opinion only time will tell if that was the correct judgement.i believe Lindsey team had suffered key injuries so that might have made more difference than the Gills job anyway.
As for Darcey I would like to wish him well.

Think he clearly did have his head turned or he could of made a statement a long time ago that he was happy at Crawley and not interested in Gills. Plus if not interested they wouldn’t have got to the stage of discussing compensation. Not surprised Darcey has gone and looks like he has also deleted his posts on the Crawley forum. Him sharing so much information on a forum probably didn’t do Lindsay many favours as i think most clubs would be nervous of this.

Think he clearly did have his head turned or he could of made a statement a long time ago that he was happy at Crawley and not interested in Gills. Plus if not interested they wouldn’t have got to the stage of discussing compensation. Not surprised Darcey has gone and looks like he has also deleted his posts on the Crawley forum. Him sharing so much information on a forum probably didn’t do Lindsay many favours as i think most clubs would be nervous of this.
It could be that Darcey was a slight negative as Brad Galinson clearly does keep half a eye on social media platforms.But results would have had more influence.In my view Clemence appears to be the better bet for us anyway.If we were looking for a manager I would possibly have a different opinion.
Realising we all knew Darcey was Mozza appeared to be a shock to him.Strange as that appears I think that possibly was the biggest reason he had now moved on .But Scott Lindsey could well have asked him not to post in future as I am sure he must have found out even if he wasn't told by Darcey.

You could argue that his position is untenable now. Unfortunate for him, he’s become collateral damage of our recruitment process.

Lindsey agreed a deal to become Gills new head coach last week, subject to the clubs agreeing compensation. It’s all on the various manager threads.
There could have still been two or more in the race at that stage?
No telling as I am sure BG won't go public.