Danny Rose | Page 4 | Vital Football

Danny Rose

Taricco the yid - 11/8/2017 10:55

Ex if rose went to levy and said he wanted 90k a week would we have given it to him? Probably not.

He now has interest from the top clubs and wants out for one last contract. I think the last minute enquiry from city whilst they were wrapping up the walker deal has turned his head.

Plus he was already spouting off about the need to sign players before this.

If I were Levy, I'd say

"I sat down with your agent on and off for nigh on three months - I met all his demands and agreed a new much higher 5 years deal with him just a few months ago, since then, you've hardly kicked a ball in anger..."

"You were happy, because you told everyone how great Poch was, how you wanted to end your career here, what a fantastic project we had blah blah blah etc etc .."

"Are you a lying two faced weasel, or is this ALL your agent?"

"If you believe you warranted a new deal, you could have sent your agent in to see me anytime in the summer, and you didn't, why is that?"

I bet Walker is texting him winding him up how much money he is making a week.

He can't play for the club again now. Fans are not going to forget this.

Real Deal - 11/8/2017 12:40

Chelsea ready to double Danny Rose's wages if Tottenham agree to sell

, simon johnson |

Chelsea are prepared to double Danny Rose's wages in the unlikely event Tottenham agree to sell him to them this month.

Rose has emerged as a possible target for the left wing back role at Stamford Bridge following his complaints about Spurs lack of signings and low wage structure. The left-back has since issued an apology.

Chelsea, who are starting to give up hope of buying first choice target Alex Sandro from Juventus, have been admirers of Rose for some time.

The 27-year-old is currently paid around £60,000-a-week, but Chelsea won't hesitate to pay £120,000-a-week to lure him across London.

Rose takes on Tottenham over £130k fine as Man Utd and Chelsea circle

Rose's £50m valuation won't be an issue either, however, Chelsea sources concede that it will be very difficult to prise the England international away from their rivals.

The two clubs have had a tense relationship ever since the Blues lured sporting director Frank Arnesen away from White Hart Lane in 2005 and had to pay £5m in compensation.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy also blocked Chelsea's attempts to sign former midfielder Luka Modric in 2011, while the two sides were involved in several ugly confrontations during a league game in May 2016 and were fined heavily by the Football Association.

When his representative negotiated his new contract, do we know that he got what he wanted?

Example : He asks for £130k/week, told after negotiations with the tightest club in the league 'no chance son you can have £80k.' He was on £50k, so does he refuse or take it and view it as just an initial step up to the next round?

He takes it, but doesn't mean all is rosey, as it is a no brainer in that industry where contracts mean nothing.

Bald Archie - 11/8/2017 12:56

When his representative negotiated his new contract, do we know that he got what he wanted?

Example : He asks for £130k/week, told after negotiations with the tightest club in the league 'no chance son you can have £80k.' He was on £50k, so does he refuse or take it and view it as just an initial step up to the next round?

He takes it, but doesn't mean all is rosey, as it is a no brainer in that industry where contracts mean nothing.

Do we know that he didn't get what he wanted?

His post contract comments suggest he did., there is no evidence to the contrary.

If you have an agent who didn't get what you think you're worth, you do three simple things, you change your agent and refuse to sign a new deal and run your deal down, and you get your new agent to go talk to every club who might be interested in you..

It's very basic stuff.

Real Deal - 11/8/2017 12:40

He can play, but he'll have to show some humility, lots of Spurs fans will have empathy over his transfer comments (although when we signed him, no fcuker knew who he was!) and even his wage comments - but he went out of his way to dig out our 'fans' for some of there dogs abuse he's suffered and a lot will look no further than that..

Speaking to Sky Sports, Birmingham City boss Harry Redknapp has admitted he is shocked that Rose has come out with such explosive comments just days before the start of the Premier League season, and believes that transfer matters are none of Rose's business.

Harry Redknapp, Manager of Birmingham City celebrates after his side avoid relegation after the Sky Bet Championship match between Bristol City and Birmingham City at Ashton Gate on May 7,...

Redknapp added that it's tough for Tottenham to add new signings given how strong their starting line-up is, defending Spurs in the face of criticism from fans, pundits and now even Rose for making no signings this summer.

"I'm surprised at Danny," said Redknapp. "Danny is a great lad, an outstanding player, the best left-back in the country in my opinion. I don't know why he's said that really, it's up to the manager and the owners whether they spend money really, and buy players. It's a difficult club to buy players at because their starting XI is so good I don't know if you were trying to sign a player what you would say to him? 'Come to Tottenham', and the player says 'I'm a striker where do you see me playing', and you say 'on the bench really because we've got Harry Kane'. A No 10? 'We've got Dele Alli'."

"I don't know where they can improve the team so all they can do is bring squad players in. When everyone is fit I think they're the best starting XI in the country. Man for man I wouldn't swap them with anyone, that starting XI is a top, top team," he added.

and Linekar gives his view too:

Pundit Gary Lineker has told The Mirror that he thinks Tottenham Hotspur have had a strong summer transfer window, despite the fact that they have still yet to make a new signing.

Whilst title rivals such as Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United have splashed the cash on a raft of new signings, Spurs have so far failed to bring in any new faces.

Mauricio Pochettino, Manager of Tottenha Hotspur gives his team instructions during the Premier League match between Hull City and Tottenham Hotspur at the KC Stadium on May 21, 2017 in...

Mauricio Pochettino has only seen one key player leave the club this summer, with Kyle Walker making a big-money move to Manchester City, meaning that Spurs do need to bring in another right back to replace him.

Yet just days away from opening their Premier League campaign against Newcastle United, Tottenham's squad virtually remains the same as it did at the end of last season, when Spurs finished second in the Premier League.

Fans have been a little frustrated with the lack of new additions, especially as key rivals have added to their squad, leading many to believe that Tottenham have slipped behind their rivals and can't solely rely on existing players to continue their development.

However, former Tottenham striker and current pundit Gary Lineker has offered his view on the club's summer transfer window, giving a positive outlook despite the criticism for club owner Daniel Levy.

Lineker has told The Mirror that, because Pochettino has managed to keep his squad together by retaining the likes of Toby Alderweireld, Eric Dier, Christian Eriksen and Harry Kane, Tottenham are still strong, and haven't brought in any new signings because their starting line-up was so good last season.

Former English Football player and TV host Gary Lineker arrives for the UEFA Champions League round of sixteen football match between FC Bayern Munich and Arsenal in Munich, southern...

Lineker did though add that the temporary move to Wembley Stadium this season could scupper Tottenham's transfer hopes, as the move from White Hart Lane does bring some unfamiliarity for Spurs players, and they struggled at Wembley in European action last season.

"The most important thing for Spurs I thought was keeping their key players, with the exception of Walker in a position where they are really well covered, they have managed to do," said Lineker. "Sometimes you can bring in people, but it doesn’t help and can hinder. Spurs need to strengthen their squad and I suspect they will. But the reason they haven’t brought in three or four big players like other teams at the top of the league have done is that they were pretty strong last season."

"And Spurs are also not one of the giant spenders traditionally anyway. If they were still at White Hart Lane, I would fancy them for the title. But they are not and that does make a difference. It is baffling, I suppose, as to why, but it is familiarity and particularly following a season when they were so good at home it makes it difficult. If they finish in the top four again it will be a really good effort this season," he added

I do like how resepctful of us Redknapp remains. He is head and shoulders the best manager we have had since Venables and generally talks sense, but I bet that he would not be saying what he did in that interview if he were still in charge here.

We all know that we didn't have so many gaps to fill as the other top four clubs as the first eleven were pretty good, but they are limited by the capabilities of the manager who always drops a bollock at critical times. No, the problem which even a blind man recognises is there remain only around 14 players 'trusted' by Porky, and that is proven not to be good enough to win anything.

Not closed yet of course, but unlikely to change to an acceptable performance, the window simply demonstrates that ENIC Hotspur do not care about winning titles / trophies.

Agree Arch, surprised he doesn't down us more considering how he left and given his track record lol. Glad he obviously still feels strongly for us.

A statement via Danny Roses' Base Soccer representatives read:

“Having had time to consider my actions, I acknowledge now that the timing and manner of what I said was ill-judged.

“My words were not meant to offend and for that i would like to apologise to the chairman, manager, my team mates and the fans.

“I’d also like to wish the lads good luck ahead of Sunday’s game against Newcastle.”

I don't see why he should have to apologise for being honest.

Clearly he is now obviously being gagged by the club ahead of disciplinary action for not being on 'message' and, even though he is one of Porkys' favourites by all accounts, will that cut him any slack or will he be cold-shouldered and sold?

Nick Real Deal - 11/8/2017 12:42

The apology is not sincere.

It's simply part of the process when you appeal via the players union...

You admit wrong doing and then they can claim the fine doesn't fit the crime.

I hope he gets his money back. Bang out of order from levy. The guy wants to win trophies and we know that doesnt happen here.

:17:

Bald Archie - 11/8/2017 08:04

I do like how resepctful of us Redknapp remains. He is head and shoulders the best manager we have had since Venables and generally talks sense, but I bet that he would not be saying what he did in that interview if he were still in charge here.

We all know that we didn't have so many gaps to fill as the other top four clubs as the first eleven were pretty good, but they are limited by the capabilities of the manager who always drops a bollock at critical times. No, the problem which even a blind man recognises is there remain only around 14 players 'trusted' by Porky, and that is proven not to be good enough to win anything.

Not closed yet of course, but unlikely to change to an acceptable performance, the window simply demonstrates that ENIC Hotspur do not care about winning titles / trophies.

^^^^^^^ although this window is hardly the first demonstration.

steveperryman - 11/8/2017 13:03

He's well & truly put himself in the shop window 3 weeks before it closes & a mere 3 days before the season opener. He may as well have yelled " Come & get me " from the rooftops. A 2 week fine is about right but what i can't abide is he purposely set out to inflict maximum damage. In that respect i have zero respect for Danny, a crying shame as he was my favourite player for the last number of seasons.

I like Martin Samuels take on it :

In a week when he was linked, again, with Manchester United, Danny Rose let it be known he wants to win trophies (United have three in two years, Tottenham none), is worth more than he is paid (United salaries are substantially higher than Tottenham's), wants his club to sign big name players (United's major arrivals this summer: Victor Lindelof, Romelu Lukaku, Nemanja Matic; Tottenham's: none) and intends one day to play up north to be nearer his mum (United north, Tottenham south).
He is not, however, going to request a transfer, meaning any potential employer will have to make an extravagant bid for him, as Manchester City did Kyle Walker.
It is almost as if he is trying to send a message to someone.
Who can that be? What can it mean?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4779912/Sell-Coutinho-Liverpool-resign-title-race.html#ixzz4pSZ3oEvo
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Big Chiv - 11/8/2017 16:01

steveperryman - 11/8/2017 13:03

He's well & truly put himself in the shop window 3 weeks before it closes & a mere 3 days before the season opener. He may as well have yelled " Come & get me " from the rooftops. A 2 week fine is about right but what i can't abide is he purposely set out to inflict maximum damage. In that respect i have zero respect for Danny, a crying shame as he was my favourite player for the last number of seasons.

I like Martin Samuels take on it :

In a week when he was linked, again, with Manchester United, Danny Rose let it be known he wants to win trophies (United have three in two years, Tottenham none), is worth more than he is paid (United salaries are substantially higher than Tottenham's), wants his club to sign big name players (United's major arrivals this summer: Victor Lindelof, Romelu Lukaku, Nemanja Matic; Tottenham's: none) and intends one day to play up north to be nearer his mum (United north, Tottenham south).
He is not, however, going to request a transfer, meaning any potential employer will have to make an extravagant bid for him, as Manchester City did Kyle Walker.
It is almost as if he is trying to send a message to someone.
Who can that be? What can it mean?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4779912/Sell-Coutinho-Liverpool-resign-title-race.html#ixzz4pSZ3oEvo
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
That's my take on it as well.

Danny's let himself down big time & no apology will ever excuse the manner or timing of his outburst. The fact it was done behind the clubs back speaks volumes.