Danny Rose | Page 6 | Vital Football

Danny Rose

Nick Real Deal - 14/8/2017 12:02

Winning with free money stinks. Generating your own money by commercial and sporting means deserves credit.

The new stadium has dragged on longer than desired but that is not the owners fault. It has been complex. When built it will provide more income to pay wages and buy players.

We are not a top club financially but to finish where we have the last few seasons deserves a lot of credit to the club from top to bottom.

and let's not forget that there was/is a huge slice of our support who think that Harry Redknapp screwed up and should have won everything in sight with the squad he had at his disposal....

and as Harry said both during and after, Levy never once denied him the money he wanted for players.

We can't change the past pointless going over it over and over again.

My hope with ENIC is we at least sign one player each summer that will make a difference to our chances of winning trophies. Plus we keep bringing through youngsters that are actually good enough.

Shearer made a point on MOTD. Our players moaning about wanting more money have not won anything. So it is damn cheeky.

Shearer knows FA.

football is a team sport therefore youre mostly dependent on the performances of your teammates more than your own to attain success.

you could play at a world-class level in your own position and yet the team could still fall flat on its face cos others are below-par.... but why should you as an individual be disadvantaged financially, even s you a good enough to achieve your place in the Premier Team of the Year ?...as Danny Rose did, but are still paid a fraction of what others in your position can collect from other sides.

I'll say it again.... Shearer is almost on a par with the Neville brothers, as far as pearls of football wisdom go (but not as bad as McManaman, obviously)

Shearer has a valid point, but the cold-hard facts are that if we continue to get top three, we won't keep top players for very many seasons more without paying significantly closer to market value wages.

However if 'normal' service is resumed in the PL this year where we no longer benefit from the self-inflicted ineptitude of City and United (mainly) and the current demise of Arsenal and so are back between 4th-6th, then there is far less of a case to pay significantly more wages and the struggle will be to hang onto the ambitious ones who want trophies (unlike the owners).

How can the self inflicted ineptitude be perpetrated by such highly paid players ?

Does that suggest money don't necessarily mean better players. Perhaps only motivated by money and not true desire.

Bald Archie - 14/8/2017 22:13

we won't keep top players for very many seasons more without paying significantly closer to market value wages.

so... you admit that the club does not pay market-value wages.

so how can Shearer possibly have a valid point, when youve just yourself admitted that players are being underpaid for their performances ?

Sir Mohamed al Farah - 14/8/2017 23:11

Bald Archie - 14/8/2017 22:13

we won't keep top players for very many seasons more without paying significantly closer to market value wages.

so... you admit that the club does not pay market-value wages.

so how can Shearer possibly have a valid point, when youve just yourself admitted that players are being underpaid for their performances ?

How've you been Dick?

Sir Mohamed al Farah - 14/8/2017 23:21

Rose needs to form an in-house trade-union.... can think of at least Dier, Aldo, Lloris, Eriksen Alli, Dembele and even Kane who may want to subscribe.

possibly not Sissoko tho'.

Dick is back. LOL.

Levy does not agree with the market rate, neither do I. The players sign contracts, they know the club's wage structure .

The situation may improve with the new stadium. The players could jeopardise the financial stability of a club with huge wage demands.

That means the groundsmen, the cleaners, the day to day staff could lose their jobs because of greed. It's ugly selfishness.

Nick Real Deal - 15/8/2017 09:17

Levy does not agree with the market rate, neither do I. The players sign contracts, they know the club's wage structure .

The situation may improve with the new stadium. The players could jeopardise the financial stability of a club with huge wage demands.

That means the groundsmen, the cleaners, the day to day staff could lose their jobs because of greed. It's ugly selfishness.

No, Levy does believe in the market-rate; it's the percentage rate of revenues that is the predetermined advisory amount as dictated by both the PL and the European Clubs association.

Occasionally for short periods of time, we even exceed this percentage as we did for over 18 months when Harry was in charge and we were in his first season desperate to add to our two points from eight...

So again, let's try and kill this nonsensical myth that is rinsed and repeated by those who cannot or have never read and understood a set of annual accounts let alone managed their own bank accounts.

People jump onto a bandwagon for a narrative they either don't understand or can't grasp.

It's bollocks, it's nonsense and every single agent I know (and that's quite a few) all know it too - that doesn't mean they don't pressurize and ask for the impossible - these are now (mainly) sophisticated people who know what the clubs limits are, and they in turn make their clients amply clear on it - anything else is a down right complete and utter lie - that said, they also know that Levy will defend the clubs interests as if every penny was his (which in a sense 30% of it is).

Players know that if they think they're better than our wage structure, they'll have to secure admirers with their play and their agents will then secure bidding options.

This modus operandi for us will not, and cannot change in regard to where we are today until the new stadium is finished and we start building a leap in revenues (as that's what it will now be, something in the order of £150-200 mill p.a.) - it's something that Poch understands in incredible detail, as do the agents/players.

Of course we might get a fairy god father before then, but even he (they) should in theory be tied by the FFPR to a relativity minor loss over a three year period, that certainly wouldn't allow them to take a leap in players wages.

ScottDaYid - 15/8/2017 11:12

Looks like the Rose replacement is being looked at already, £25m bid rejected for Sessegnon.

I'll be really surprised if they sell. He really doesn't want to move yet.

We seriously missed the boat there, could have got him for about £10m? recently and sent him straight back on loan to them.

Ok I concede , the financial compkexities are beyond me. I just think it stinks of greed and I don't like it.

I'm not envious, I don't begrudge them a great lifestyle. It's getting obscene for me.

Nick Real Deal - 15/8/2017 11:43

Ok I concede , the financial compkexities are beyond me. I just think it stinks of greed and I don't like it.

I'm not envious, I don't begrudge them a great lifestyle. It's getting obscene for me.

Nick,

if we just concentrate on non-country/soveriegn owned clubs in the PL that have recently tried to buy their way to glory, you'll realise what incompetent fcukwits their owners were/are and how they've now left these clubs in financial meltdown - despite the PL's riches!!

Aston Villa have had to be rescued from going bust, QPR and Sunderland could still go tits up unless they too can find a Chinese industrialist that's willing to use personal wealth to take a punt - as one did at Cardiff and who is now nursing massive losses and desperate to sell the club to anyone who will take it off his hands - the same is true of Hull.....

All you have to understand is that the clubs paid more in wages than it's revenues (even with their so-called success) and fell foul of the rules and are now in danger of sliding all the way back through the floor again.

Even Leicester still aren't out of the woods for what they did, in many respects it's clear that the charge that they financially cheated their way to the PL title has real merit - again, we await to see if the punishment will fit the crimes (don't hold your breath though)..

Those calling for Top of the league Premier league wages when the revenues can't sustain it, even in the short term are financial imbeciles and bereft of any credibility.

There is an even more compelling reason; the whole of our project finance for the new stadium is secured by a fixed and floating charge and includes strict banking covenants across a range of critical indicators - break them, and just as happened with the bin dippers, the banks will walk in and take over.

Shouldn't have waited this long to bid for Sess. We needed him before the Rose saga. We won't be signing him so I hope we don't waste our time over the next few weeks.

Real Deal - 15/8/2017 12:49

Shouldn't have waited this long to bid for Sess. We needed him before the Rose saga. We won't be signing him so I hope we don't waste our time over the next few weeks.

I believe we tried before he signed his new deal with Fulham, but the message on the tom toms among the agents was that his advisors were all telling him to spend another couple of season with them..

I guess we'll see soon enough.