Danny Rose | Page 17 | Vital Football

Danny Rose

I've been told that Newcastle are doing all they can to get Rose in and they are now expecting a positive outcome in their efforts, so something positive must have happened which could well see Danny boy soon to be their problem.

That would be good.

Yep, he's got both his wishes....'I'll get what I am worth' and 'I want to be near my family'.

Thanks for that wonder goal Danny. GL, hope you like it up norf.

He's only gone until the summer though and then it starts all over again. There's no obligation for Newcastle to buy. I wonder if they think they are getting the Rose of three years ago not the Rose of today.

Great minds G O you beat me to the point I was about to make. I think Bruce is reacting to the injury to Willems, Rose is a direct replacement, and as you are aware in his current guise a poor one. Maybe Bruce believes that a mere £2m in loan fees fills a gap in their team and is worth it.

He's only gone until the summer though and then it starts all over again. There's no obligation for Newcastle to buy. I wonder if they think they are getting the Rose of three years ago not the Rose of today.

What about the Rose of last season? The player that was in our top 3 best players at the club in the second half of the campaign. The guy that quite rightly kept Davies out of 1st teams, even the CL final. The guy that kept going when the lethargy and apathy hit the other so called superstars.

I actually wish him well. That fresh faced 17 year old kid that turned up from Leeds gave a lot to our club and became our longest serving player. He punched above his weight and I honestly didn't think he was even that good when I first saw him. Poch did an amazing job nurturing him into the LB he became. At one point he was like the Duracell bunny owning the entire left side and still sprinting around at 90 mins. Him and Walker were the finest pair of full-backs in the whole of Europe, albeit for too short a period. His will to win was infectious.

Unfortunately, injuries and mental illness took its toll and he clearly surrounded himself with the wrong people. We need him gone and I'm hoping this separation will re-energise him. He'll be back in the summer, but I doubt he'll want to stick around. I also hope Levy is realistic with his price tag.