Danny Rose | Page 18 | Vital Football

Danny Rose

What about the Rose of last season? The player that was in our top 3 best players at the club in the second half of the campaign. The guy that quite rightly kept Davies out of 1st teams, even the CL final. The guy that kept going when the lethargy and apathy hit the other so called superstars.

I actually wish him well. That fresh faced 17 year old kid that turned up from Leeds gave a lot to our club and became our longest serving player. He punched above his weight and I honestly didn't think he was even that good when I first saw him. Poch did an amazing job nurturing him into the LB he became. At one point he was like the Duracell bunny owning the entire left side and still sprinting around at 90 mins. Him and Walker were the finest pair of full-backs in the whole of Europe, albeit for too short a period. His will to win was infectious.

Unfortunately, injuries and mental illness took its toll and he clearly surrounded himself with the wrong people. We need him gone and I'm hoping this separation will re-energise him. He'll be back in the summer, but I doubt he'll want to stick around. I also hope Levy is realistic with his price tag.
Well said Mutters.

What about the Rose of last season? The player that was in our top 3 best players at the club in the second half of the campaign. The guy that quite rightly kept Davies out of 1st teams, even the CL final. The guy that kept going when the lethargy and apathy hit the other so called superstars.

I actually wish him well. That fresh faced 17 year old kid that turned up from Leeds gave a lot to our club and became our longest serving player. He punched above his weight and I honestly didn't think he was even that good when I first saw him. Poch did an amazing job nurturing him into the LB he became. At one point he was like the Duracell bunny owning the entire left side and still sprinting around at 90 mins. Him and Walker were the finest pair of full-backs in the whole of Europe, albeit for too short a period. His will to win was infectious.

Unfortunately, injuries and mental illness took its toll and he clearly surrounded himself with the wrong people. We need him gone and I'm hoping this separation will re-energise him. He'll be back in the summer, but I doubt he'll want to stick around. I also hope Levy is realistic with his price tag.

The guy Rose who when he crossed the half-way line often put his hand up in apology for another rubbish; cross, pass, shot and wrong decision. Defensively, he spent too much time on his ass attempting last gasp lunges because he was regularly out of position. Those faults existed when he was okay, having good players around him, playing imposing football back in the day covered them up. One thing I cannot fault him for is his competitive nature.

He wouldn't be in my top 3 players in the second half of last season. His game has deteriorated in so many ways compared to two or three years ago.

I always admired his competitive spirit though particularly as he brought it on to the field irrespective of what was going on off the field. In that respect he was undoubtedly top 3.

And like you I do wish him well. But the only way there can be a happy outcome for both sides is if leaves.

He wouldn't be in my top 3 players in the second half of last season. His game has deteriorated in so many ways compared to two or three years ago.

I always admired his competitive spirit though particularly as he brought it on to the field irrespective of what was going on off the field. In that respect he was undoubtedly top 3.

And like you I do wish him well. But the only way there can be a happy outcome for both sides is if leaves.

Yeah, I'm just so hoping he finds his peace somewhere.

It's also about England for me. Chilwell is OK but not top quality international standard. Luke Shaw is having that battle with Williams for the LB spot at Utd. Southgate needs all of these guys playing well in the second half of the season. Rose was always one whose fitness and form depended on regular games. Let's hope he gets that and at least gives Southgate something to think about.

He's only gone until the summer though and then it starts all over again. There's no obligation for Newcastle to buy. I wonder if they think they are getting the Rose of three years ago not the Rose of today.

It gets him back in the shop window and it gets him playing again, if he does ok, he'll be begging for us to sell him, if he doesn't and he sticks at the club, we're no worse off as he'll be training on his own.

Rose did well by us in bygone years...seems most prema donna players coming to end of contracts play all the mind games going under instruction from their agents no doubt.

Any way have a good time up 'Norf' Rosey ...and hope at the end of it they don't say AWAY THE LAD! ...cos we will have moved on and there is no place for you anymore in our ranks mate.

Thanks fro the screamer against le arse by the way...always remember you with kindness for that alone!.

Rose at times was awesome - as in Amsterdam, and I for one will miss him. Couldn’t give a toss about his being outspoken in the media - nothing wrong with expressing your opinions!

Danny Rose is quoted on Sky saying:

"I was watching Newcastle play Chelsea and I saw the injury that Jetro (Willems) had and straightaway got on the phone to my agent to say I wanted to go there.

"It took about 10 days for me to get here, but I'm happy I'm here. It's unfortunate that somebody has had to get injured but I'm grateful for being here and just looking forward to getting started now."

Now there's opportunism. Lol.

It gets him back in the shop window and it gets him playing again, if he does ok, he'll be begging for us to sell him, if he doesn't and he sticks at the club, we're no worse off as he'll be training on his own.

It seems like it has an option to buy

Danny Rose is quoted on Sky saying:

"I was watching Newcastle play Chelsea and I saw the injury that Jetro (Willems) had and straightaway got on the phone to my agent to say I wanted to go there.

"It took about 10 days for me to get here, but I'm happy I'm here. It's unfortunate that somebody has had to get injured but I'm grateful for being here and just looking forward to getting started now."

Now there's opportunism. Lol.

On the ball Rosie :grinning:

He could start a whole new trend in football. Googling players that are injured and getting on the phone to cover for them . Shame he didn’t think he could have put himself out out to cover for Davies . They also need to have good chip shops wherever he goes now .
Hopefully Newcastle can sort out his football and his head . Good luck to him . Hope it works out alright for him .

As with other leading players who have left over the past few years I'll do my best to remember him by the positive contributions he made at Spurs when at his peak. His partnership with Walker was awesome. I'm assuming that he is definitely gone insofar as the Club doesn't seem to want him back under any circumstances. There lies the problem with Danny. It will be difficult to remember him with any affection, because he rarely, over a number of years, displayed any affection or respect for the Club.

I think and believe that this is one player where the club had made a decision that they wanted him gone (at any price).

In the future I hope that young players use Rose as a case study for how an agent can f**k your career up if you can't/don't think for yourself.

There is also a case, in this case, for a real debate on who is the biggest naff up. Rose or his agent?

At face value, there's clearly nothing wrong with the words he said in the interview. It feels like its the words that we're not exposed to are the problem though.

There is also a case, in this case, for a real debate on who is the biggest naff up. Rose or his agent?
You have to wonder if he actually discusses with anybody what he is going to say before he says it .
Ive said it many times on here about the t shirt I bought as a teenager in Cornwall, that said “Oh Lord , please give me the strength to keep my big mouth shut until I know what I’m talking about “...... it’s always kept me in good stead .
you would have thought that being left behind whilst the squad were on tour , and told to find another club would have given him some sort of clue as to his future .
Maybe there just weren’t any injured left backs around that he thought he could fill in for , until now