Danny Rose | Page 11 | Vital Football

Danny Rose

Considering Danny can't wait for his career to end. He sure was exuberant in victory against City and the first to run across to our fans in the stand to celebrate.

Considering Danny can't wait for his career to end. He sure was exuberant in victory against City and the first to run across to our fans in the stand to celebrate.
I really dont get the point your making which may just be me... He wasn't racially abused by our fans or Man city's, the games bar Fernandinho's assault on Harry Kane were play in an atmosphere that was a credit to both clubs and their fans. Is he not allowed to enjoy our victories because he has the nerve to not want to be called a ****** or monkey? ? As an observation it seems misplaced or churlish.

I really dont get the point your making which may just be me... He wasn't racially abused by our fans or Man city's, the games bar Fernandinho's assault on Harry Kane were play in an atmosphere that was a credit to both clubs and their fans. Is he not allowed to enjoy our victories because he has the nerve to not want to be called a ****** or monkey? ? As an observation it seems misplaced or churlish.

You're perhaps forgetting the cowardly shove by Bernardo Silva in the early exchanges. Not a referee in the world can defend that decision not to give a yellow card for dangerous play there in my opinion. Stonewall if done in the second half which is no excuse. It's what we will have to get used to though with players targeting the mentally fragile Rose, and referees not doing their job properly even with technology at their disposal.

Do you really think he can't wait for his career to end ? That is my point.

You're perhaps forgetting the cowardly shove by Bernardo Silva in the early exchanges. Not a referee in the world can defend that decision not to give a yellow card for dangerous play there in my opinion. Stonewall if done in the second half which is no excuse. It's what we will have to get used to though with players targeting the mentally fragile Rose, and referees not doing their job properly even with technology at their disposal.

That was disturbing. Danny could easily have been injured so heavy was the shove. Yellow card at least. Pretty violent conduct really.

Interesting comparison. What's worse , violent conduct by your fellow professionals or idiotic racist chanting by morons.That elbow to Kanes skull was disgusting.

Interesting comparison. What's worse , violent conduct by your fellow professionals or idiotic racist chanting by morons.That elbow to Kanes skull was disgusting.

Even now, violent conduct by a footballer is completely in the control of the governing bodies and the referees. There is nowhere to hide for UEFA and their referees when the officials see these things and don't act upon them. Even worse when they can now afford to miss them and have technology to back them up, but still choose not to act real time or retrospectively like we saw with both Fernandinho and Silva. That's pure negligence on their part.

If only racism was as simple. One thing I would say is that if Silva came up to Rose, admitted his mistake and apologised, it would be over. If a racist came over and apologised, they're probably still a racist. That unfortunately makes it worse.

The way Delph turned on Kane when he was down was disgusting too. An England team mate.

I have seen Danny shove players over the line so he is no saint in that respect.

Do you really think he can't wait for his career to end ? That is my point.
If he says that the yes I believe him. It still does not preclude him enjoying victory. Or looking forward to a day when he wont have to face racist chanting. These things are not antithetical he can logically feel both. That's why humans are complex.

There are rumours the club have decided not to allow Danny to leave this summer. This is at odds with the decision to allow him to search for another club during pre season. It was known that Sess had a long term hammy issue and Davies was rehabbing from groin surgery.

There are rumours the club have decided not to allow Danny to leave this summer. This is at odds with the decision to allow him to search for another club during pre season. It was known that Sess had a long term hammy issue and Davies was rehabbing from groin surgery.

Makes sense; keep him until Sessegnon is up and running at full speed, same with Davies and sell him for a reduced fee in January, of course if he shows he can behave himself and keep his head down and mouth shut he might even find a way back (assuming he's back to anywhere near his best); if he doesn't or isn't - let him go for a slightly reduced figure in January.

Makes sense; keep him until Sessegnon is up and running at full speed, same with Davies and sell him for a reduced fee in January, of course if he shows he can behave himself and keep his head down and mouth shut he might even find a way back (assuming he's back to anywhere near his best); if he doesn't or isn't - let him go for a slightly reduced figure in January.

Exactly use him just like he is using us.

Why reduced fee? Won't he have 18 months left on his contract in January. If he's in good condition and playing well, we might even get more !!!

As I said yesterday, we have a smaller squad than last season. We can keep offloading players but unless we're out of League Cup and CL, we'll probably need all the bodies at the end of the season.

Danny Rose says truth will come out about his uncertain summer at Tottenham

Last Updated: 08/09/19 11:48pm

Danny Rose looked likely to leave Tottenham in the summer

Danny Rose has vowed to have his say on his uncertain summer with Tottenham, who made him available for sale.

Rose's time at Spurs looked to be over after he was left out of the club's pre-season tour to Asia so he could "explore prospective opportunities with other clubs", but a move never materialised.
The 29-year-old has since started all four of Tottenham's Premier League games this season and was also handed an England start in the European Qualifier against Bulgaria on Saturday.

Rose is content at how things have played out but says the full facts regarding his situation have not yet come out.

"It wasn't tough, it is what it is," he said. "Not everything that was publicised in the summer was entirely true and I think in the future I will have my say on everything that happened but I don't want to focus on negativity at the minute.

"I guess I should be happy with maybe being up for sale and having started the first four games for Tottenham and the first England game of the campaign.

"I can't lie I am very happy, but I just want to say that everything that was written in the summer wasn't entirely true."

Danny Rose started for England against Bulgaria on Saturday

Despite Spurs' willingness to move on from him this summer, Rose does not doubt his own abilities and he insists his relationship with manager Mauricio Pochettino remains strong.

"I don't need to prove myself to anybody," he said. "I have a manager at club level who knows me. You look at last season, I played in the quarter-final of the Champions League, I played semi-finals of the Champions League and I played in the final.

"So I've got a manager there who believes in me.

"Then if you look at international I've got a manager that whenever I've been available for selection I've been chosen. He fully believes in me and I'm very grateful.

"I'm lucky to have managers at club level and international level who believe in me.

"I don't feel I've got anything to prove to anybody and I feel as if I've done enough over the years to prove my worth.

"I obviously just want to repay everybody that's shown faith in me and it's been a great start to the campaign and I'm looking forward to what's ahead."

Well at least this interview is muted; has he learned that spouting off about himself/his club whilst he's employed isn't the smartest thing to do?

I'm sure that when he writes his autobiography he'll have plenty to say - and that will be the right time to say it and cash in as he deserves to - but until then, think about the team and not just yourself and keep your head down and compete would be best for all concerned.