Danny Rose | Page 10 | Vital Football

Danny Rose

It really is the time somebody ,anybody , took this poor sod to one side and actually HELPED him . If he has got mental health problems , then that is not good , for anybody . For anybody that the tabloid press can get hold of and exploit that , is obscene .
His family , his advisors , the club , his friends should be all over this to get him through a really horrible time in his life .
IMO he should not be allowed anywhere near a newspaper or anything to do with so called journalists. I’m led to believe that they can be a help in certain situations , I’ve yet to be convinced of that up to now .

It really is the time somebody ,anybody , took this poor sod to one side and actually HELPED him . If he has got mental health problems , then that is not good , for anybody . For anybody that the tabloid press can get hold of and exploit that , is obscene .
His family , his advisors , the club , his friends should be all over this to get him through a really horrible time in his life .
IMO he should not be allowed anywhere near a newspaper or anything to do with so called journalists. I’m led to believe that they can be a help in certain situations , I’ve yet to be convinced of that up to now .
He definitely needs help IMO, but I don't believe for one minute that the club is not offering him that help. The question in my mind is, is he taking it. If he is, is it helping. I don't believe either that he's not been advised as to whether he should be giving interviews, maybe it's deemed good for him maybe it's not. We simply do not know, I just find it difficult to believe making comments about his dislike for football and nights out in London is going to help him to feel the love from fans.
He would also do well to remember that half the games he plays are away from home, and we all know what away fans can be like.

He should not have to throw it under the carpet and walk away though.

I'm amazed people keep saying this he should just walk away stuff Kiwi it's total victim blaming. And the money he earns is an irrelevance. Like him loath him broke or rich depression or not. No one has the right to racially abuse another human being, this is all that matters. That it makes people look forward to the end of their career no matter how lucrative shames our society.

I'm amazed people keep saying this he should just walk away stuff Kiwi it's total victim blaming. And the money he earns is an irrelevance. Like him loath him broke or rich depression or not. No one has the right to racially abuse another human being, this is all that matters. That it makes people look forward to the end of their career no matter how lucrative shames our society.
I think you'll find that no one is condoning racial abuse spurdon, and unless I've misunderstood his comments the racial abuse is not his primary reason for his disillusionment with football. I seem to remember a previous interview where he mentioned the politics in football, at that point racism was not mentioned as an issue.

Maybe Danny has done it again. By making a surprising comment he has got us talking and raised awareness on the subject. He did the same with mental health. Despite players wealth they are still human . As I have said there are kids killing each other on the streets so the problem goes way deeper than some idiots making noises. Society is in a bad place.

I would be really disappointed if the club is not doing everything possible to help Danny with his mental health issue, NRD is right IMO regarding racism always been part of society. While I agree that there is still a lot to be done on this score, improvements have definitely been made. But we have started to slip back a bit, it would take a better man than me to explain the reason for this.

I can't see that racism will ever be eradicated, you can only educate those who want to be educated.

Example, everyone in 2019 knows right from wrong, but crimes from murder to theft, from rape to assault are still committed on a large scale basis, those committing the crimes know it's wrong but don't give a flying ****.

What can you do apart from lock them up ?

I would be really disappointed if the club is not doing everything possible to help Danny with his mental health issue, NRD is right IMO regarding racism always been part of society. While I agree that there is still a lot to be done on this score, improvements have definitely been made. But we have started to slip back a bit, it would take a better man than me to explain the reason for this.

I have a feeling it's because politics is establishing new norms in the western world. Just look at Trump's commentary on any agenda involving Mexico and China. Corbyn and the weak way he dealt with implied anti-semitism in his party. Brexit's biggest theme being immigration. The list of awkward scenarios builds.

The previous themes were patriotism with integration of cultures. That's now turned into shut borders, build walls etc. Add to that the cost of living going up and leaving more people on the bread line leaving animosity between different cultural groups.

I can't see that racism will ever be eradicated, you can only educate those who want to be educated.

Example, everyone in 2019 knows right from wrong, but crimes from murder to theft, from rape to assault are still committed on a large scale basis, those committing the crimes know it's wrong but don't give a flying ****.

What can you do apart from lock them up ?

Apparently, cookies and milk help a lot.

I have a feeling it's because politics is establishing new norms in the western world. Just look at Trump's commentary on any agenda involving Mexico and China. Corbyn and the weak way he dealt with implied anti-semitism in his party. Brexit's biggest theme being immigration. The list of awkward scenarios builds.

The previous themes were patriotism with integration of cultures. That's now turned into shut borders, build walls etc. Add to that the cost of living going up and leaving more people on the bread line leaving animosity between different cultural groups.
There you go, I said it would take a better man.

I think you'll find that no one is condoning racial abuse spurdon, and unless I've misunderstood his comments the racial abuse is not his primary reason for his disillusionment with football. I seem to remember a previous interview where he mentioned the politics in football, at that point racism was not mentioned as an issue.
I think you can't have read my earlier comments that's exactly what I have heard people doing the condoning/denial ranges from "Well he earns enough so tough" to a bloke I heard say "he had caused Serbians to through rocks at him" If it was not so pathetic it would have been funny.

I think you can't have read my earlier comments that's exactly what I have heard people doing the condoning/denial ranges from "Well he earns enough so tough" to a bloke I heard say "he had caused Serbians to through rocks at him" If it was not so pathetic it would have been funny.
I agree, that is just utter nonsense and I certainly wouldn't include those idiots in any debate.