D*rby to be relegated? | Page 60 | Vital Football

D*rby to be relegated?

Nearly choked on my porridge today to see direby on the long list for city of culture.

Hardly think that type of culture is appropriate unless we are all gonna start dragging our knuckles on the ground

It will be interesting to see the outcome of this. Can’t see Derby winning if it is laid down in the league’s rules but you never know…

The Administrators are going down the Force Majeure route, and the appeal is costing 300k

How many local creditors would the 300k pay off?

You can bet that those c * n t s making the appeal have their invoices covered.

The Administrators are going down the Force Majeure route, and the appeal is costing 300k

How many local creditors would the 300k pay off?

You can bet that those c * n t s making the appeal have their invoices covered.
Absolutely. I am sure the penalty has been appealed unsuccessfully before so it’s a waste of money that could be used elsewhere as you say.

The argument that it’s all down to Covid is likely to fall flat pretty quickly.

The administrators fees are always paid first so yes they will be sorted.

If I were the EFL I would slam on the extra 9 points now…

Last edited:
Absolutely. I am sure the penalty has been appealed unsuccessfully before so it’s a waste of money that could be used elsewhere as you say.

And add on another 9 points for each additional season they are in the football league for arrogance and timewasting.

They must be pretty confident given the cost to appeal?

I think it should be like appealing a Red Card, appeal a points deduction, lose and you get an extra 3 points!

If they win the appeal, then this sets a very dangerous precedent for the EFL and all of their golden ticket holders.

They truly are the most unsporting losers, cheats of the highest order and you just hope they get punished even more on the other charges as a deterrent to all!

I think it should be like appealing a Red Card, appeal a points deduction, lose and you get an extra 3 points!

If they win the appeal, then this sets a very dangerous precedent for the EFL and all of their golden ticket holders.

They truly are the most unsporting losers, cheats of the highest order and you just hope they get punished even more on the other charges as a deterrent to all!
I think they will see £300k as a small price to pay for a punt. It may well be that potential buyers will want to see the option of appealing has been explored.

As you say it will set a dangerous precedent if they win but 23 other clubs have managed to survive Covid which would undermine their argument. It also doesn’t help that they have so blatantly tried to sidestep the rules on more than one occasion.

I almost hope they get Ashley as a new owner…

It cost Wigan the same amount and they lost their appeal.

I read that the Administrators would leave themselves open to legal action if they did not appeal

That sounds more like it. They have to exhaust every option i guess. Good, another 300k wasted!

Derby are claiming Force Majeure due to the pandemic but are the only Club to go into Administration in the aftermath.

The final nail in the coffin was the refusal of the EFL to provide funds in the form of a grant, on the grounds that the EFL did not think they would see the money again.

If that is the case, surely the EFL have the proof that Derby did not make sufficient efforts to live within their means during the pandemic.

Derby are claiming Force Majeure due to the pandemic but are the only Club to go into Administration in the aftermath.

The final nail in the coffin was the refusal of the EFL to provide funds in the form of a grant, on the grounds that the EFL did not think they would see the money again.

If that is the case, surely the EFL have the proof that Derby did not make sufficient efforts to live within their means during the pandemic.

Precisely. Seems very weak to argue force majeure when you are the only one. All the evidence in the accounts suggests they just spent too much. They are wriggling but the hook is well and truly in at this point. Dont know why they dont just fess up and take their licks.

Hope so.

They still owe Arsenal for Bielik, but the Gunners have agreed to defer the staged payment now due until next year.