Crystal Palace v Aston Villa - Match Thread | Page 38 | Vital Football

Crystal Palace v Aston Villa - Match Thread

Because it is the match thread and we are discussing incidents?

Looked reckless, lucky he didn't connect, was thankful it was turned from red to yellow, but having not long since been on, that was the last thing he needed to risk, being sent off.

Surely

But the lengths some are going to try to prove it was a red is overshadowing the fact that we won and should be celebrating that fact.

Never a red. Not been clever but I called it at the time. He didn't even touch him with his foot. Clumsy yes , a yellow yes , but as some have said one or two of their players were also lucky to be still on the pitch . Saying it was an out of control studs up challenge is plainly not the case as 2 refs thought with the benefit of slow motion which generally makes challenges look worse.

But the lengths some are going to try to prove it was a red is overshadowing the fact that we won and should be celebrating that fact.

Never a red. Not been clever but I called it at the time. He didn't even touch him with his foot. Clumsy yes , a yellow yes , but as some have said one or two of their players were also lucky to be still on the pitch . Saying it was an out of control studs up challenge is plainly not the case as 2 refs thought with the benefit of slow motion which generally makes challenges look worse.
I'm gonna suggest that Silhill is correct and Dougie went over the ball. Sirden is also correct that there was no contact (apart from with his arse :yes:).

Now, imagine that was against Ronaldo and he was rolling around in agony clutching his face - no question that the decision would have stood.

It wasn't a good challenge ladies and gents and I could see it going either way....we got lucky for once, whichever way you look at it - if he'd connected with a leg that would have been nasty.

Just caught up with the fun on here today…if the said reckless challenge had been committed by a player who isn’t allegedly useless and isn’t called Luiz I really don’t think it would have been an issue…the talk would have been more in keeping with an excellent and very encouraging three points. Seems certain narratives are very much in play in relation to this incident, calling Luiz a ‘retard’ in light of what happened, would seem to pretty much emphasise that.

The vast majority of Aston Villa fans were delighted to see the return of Ashley Young over the summer. In what was largely a younger group assembled by head coach Dean Smith and our backroom recruitment team, Ash's experience and list of medals spoke for itself, and he also gave us good versatility given the fact that as his career developed, he got used to playing in a number of positions.

https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...ced-villa-star-as-he-picks-up-club-pl-record/

He's definitely improved but "Prime Essien" I'd counter was more "Prime Makelele" - a good solid base to work from but limited going forward. A bit old-fashioned by my count but just what we need to steady the ship at the moment. I'm willing to be proven wrong but not one for the long term. Sorry Marv.

As far as the passing goes it makes a big difference having your fellow midfielders within easy reach of you and not the other end of the pitch. Like I mentioned in the match thread such a small tactical/positional tweak but brilliant in its simplicity and efficiency

So we are being charged with players badly behaving during this match?! Does that mean the newbie ref has gone off and cried about players taking the piss out of his awful decisions?!

Be interesting to see the match assessor's report, and to see if his extremely poor performance contributed to the incidents in the game.