Crystal Palace v Aston Villa - Match Thread | Page 31 | Vital Football

Crystal Palace v Aston Villa - Match Thread

I actually thought we killed the game second half by doing what we generally moan about when crappy teams come to Villa Park. We made it scrappy, went down injured whenever we were tackled and generally wasted time. At one stage we had 3 players all rolling about in different areas of the pitch.
We've never been cute or streetwise or employed sheer shithousery tactics . I wouldn't want it to become modus operandi but for now it's just fine

I actually thought we killed the game second half by doing what we generally moan about when crappy teams come to Villa Park. We made it scrappy, went down injured whenever we were tackled and generally wasted time. At one stage we had 3 players all rolling about in different areas of the pitch.
Never underestimate the dark arts. Something we've been guilty of not using for far too long. Don't like it, but it's modern football. Hopefully we'll finally shake our " too nice " tag

Nerrad Villa: Crystal Palace 1-2 Aston Villa
GreensladeUTV: Crystal Palace 1-2 Aston Villa
Lord Ron Saunders: Crystal Palace 1-2 Aston Villa
HGM81: Crystal Palace 1-2 Aston Villa
Wicked Messenger: Crystal Palace 1-2 Aston Villa
Gillette: Crystal Palace 1-2 Aston Villa
Tom Cat: Crystal Palace 1-2 Aston Villa
sirdennis: Crystal Palace 1-2 Aston Villa
Villa 4 Ever : Crystal Palace 1-2 Aston Villa.

:clap::clap:And all you correct outcomers. UP THE FUCKING VILLLLAAAAAAA:utv::utv:

I thought Gerrard came across very well in his interview with MOTD. The really top players rarely seem to make the best managers but he actually sounds like he knows what he’s talking about. He does seem to have this way about him that you wouldn’t want to piss him off.

And not in a mental Roy Keane fear for your actual safety way.

Last edited:
I thought Gerrard came across very well in his interview with MOTD. The really top players rarely seem to make the best managers but he actually sounds like he knows what he’s talking about. He does seem to have this way about him that you wouldn’t want to piss him off.

And not is a mental Roy Keane fear for your actual safety way.
Agree 100%, very grounded and focused. You can see why he commands respect from the players. Even Buendia looked better today for his cameo.

Not seen any of the game bar the goals so I can't comment on any individual performances but this is a great result.

Plenty of teams have has trouble vs this lot so far this season and they're exactly the type of team that would have had us in real trouble a few weeks ago. Big physical lumps and add to that one of most dangerous (on his day) players outside the sky 6 in Zaha.

Brilliant 3 points and much needed seeing aa we've got a real bastard of a game Wednesday. UTV!!

And not in a mental Roy Keane fear for your actual safety way.

Meh, I'm still finding him a bit stilted and scripted. It's all "the players are working really hard" instead of just relaxing and enjoying the win. The top managers like Klopp, Pep and Tuchell all have a way of seeming natural in front of camera.

Maybe it's just early days from Gerard, and he'll grow into it.

Meh, I'm still finding him a bit stilted and scripted. It's all "the players are working really hard" instead of just relaxing and enjoying the win. The top managers like Klopp, Pep and Tuchell all have a way of seeming natural in front of camera.

Maybe it's just early days from Gerard, and he'll grow into it.
He's been here barely 2 weeks , not sure what you're expecting him to say. I've been impressed he's not getting carried away he is saying the right things for me at the moment and more importantly has been prioritising the right areas to start with . I think he'll be furious about that late very soft goal we conceded that could of been really costly

He's been here barely 2 weeks , not sure what you're expecting him to say. I've been impressed he's not getting carried away he is saying the right things for me at the moment and more importantly has been prioritising the right areas to start with . I think he'll be furious about that late very soft goal we conceded that could of been really costly

I don't dislike him, but he sounds more like a politician so far. I know he's got to be diplomatic to an extent, but I can see him start to answer, then realise he needs to get back on script.