Crystal Palace v Aston Villa - Match Thread | Page 30 | Vital Football

Crystal Palace v Aston Villa - Match Thread

To get a great view of the bloke in front’s arse…I’m sure they’d prefer to stand up!

I have been to Selhurst Park and sat up near the top, it is genuinely a shite view and the facilities inside were even worse to the point I actually thought it was dangerous. My least favourite stadium by a mile
I meant all of them sit down then surely you'd see more of the pitch, I know the selfish pricks won't do it

Can see improvements with our midfield with immediate effect.
Today we played like the way we were playing under McAllister when houllier went off Ill. I think anyway. similar.
What is going on with these refs? The ref today was beyond a joke. I don't mind refs getting the odd decision wrong or the odd call of judgement wrong. As they are human. But Jesus Christ. Come on. FFS.
Overall a solid performance and a great foundation now to push on from.
Ollie is a little concerning though but I am sure he will come good.
Watkins is a massive worry, doesn't look premier league quality this season. He lost the ball virtually every time he received it. It's not about him not being a hold up player, he can't even take a good touch and shield the ball.

What is going on with these refs? The ref today was beyond a joke. I don't mind refs getting the odd decision wrong or the odd call of judgement wrong. As they are human
Just been over on The Graun reading comments on the match thread.
Palace fans on the whole very complimentary about Villa.
Both sets of fans united in their views of the referees performance.
General feeling was the Premier league is a step too far, even by the Prems poor standards.

Just been over on The Graun reading comments on the match thread.
Palace fans on the whole very complimentary about Villa.
Both sets of fans united in their views of the referees performance.
General feeling was the Premier league is a step too far, even by the Prems poor standards.
How Luka Milivojević was still on the pitch when he eventually got booked is beyond me the dirty bastard

I actually thought we killed the game second half by doing what we generally moan about when crappy teams come to Villa Park. We made it scrappy, went down injured whenever we were tackled and generally wasted time. At one stage we had 3 players all rolling about in different areas of the pitch.

I actually thought we killed the game second half by doing what we generally moan about when crappy teams come to Villa Park. We made it scrappy, went down injured whenever we were tackled and generally wasted time. At one stage we had 3 players all rolling about in different areas of the pitch.
They had far too much of the ball for my liking when we were only 1-0 up, we only had 37% possession overall which considering we bossed the first half wasn't very good.
Good win though especially down there

The best bit was when Emi went down and the urgency of Steer's warm-up was akin to a sloth who'd just swallowed a bottle of sleeping pills....

FFS. Hasn't SG told them to get injured in sequence, rather than at the same time?

Watkins is a massive worry, doesn't look premier league quality this season. He lost the ball virtually every time he received it. It's not about him not being a hold up player, he can't even take a good touch and shield the ball.

Think it has been mentioned on here a few times - He literally, NEVER, uses his body to shield the ball.

Good bit of work from both Buendia and El Ghazi for McGinn's goal, El Ghazi in particular.
I'm alright with the Dark Arts, especially considering Villa have been too "nice" a team over the last 20 years. A little more steel and cynicism in the side is probably a good thing as we enter the winter.

They had far too much of the ball for my liking when we were only 1-0 up, we only had 37% possession overall which considering we bossed the first half wasn't very good. Good win though especially down there

It's thin line isn't it? When we get the win it's a brilliant game plan but if they get an equaliser or winner it simply looks like an awful performance. As you say I'd like to see us have more possession and be well organised defensively.