Crystal Palace v Aston Villa - Match Thread | Page 26 | Vital Football

Crystal Palace v Aston Villa - Match Thread

Nakamba has arguably been the best player under Gerrard.

I used to think he was terrible but Gerrard is getting a beautiful tune out of him. Long may it continue.

We would be very very dangerous if Ollie ever remembers how to control a football.

Always rated him highly but it was always the same problem as with Buendia - the ability is obviously there but if there's not a functional team around them then they're going to struggle.

No excuses for Watkins though - the better we play, the worse he looks.

I would most definitely listen to offers for him in January if it means we can pull an actual PL player in.

In Watkins defense he did have his first child a few months ago. We do easily forget that these guys are human beings, not robots. He'll be suffering all the usual sleepless nights and frustrations that all of us with kids would have had.

I wouldn't sell him. He was awesome last season, but maybe a bit of time out?

Storming up the table. Man city next, bring it on. But why are we kicking off at 20.15 for that one. Never mind we can talk about that in the match thread.
This The Palace thread.

No wonder that ref has shown more reds than yellows, fuck in hell! Right decision to overturn and actually fair play to him for doing so but he needs to calm down.

37% possession, but it doesn’t matter. That’s what away days are, sit deep, and hit on the counter. Very professional, well executed. Up the Villa

Last edited:
Clear to me the players are more organised and motivated. Not sure what was going on under smith but had gone badly wrong. Maybe they didn't believe in his approach .

A more “measured” approached by Gerrard let’s say. I hate saying it’s obvious but it is clear it’s defense first under Stevie. Maybe not even defense but just the basics first and then we play.

Done about 7 2-1's in a row, so decided on a Desmond this time! lol

Today's the day, 2-1.😁

Well Mr Fear, don't say I didn't tell you :wahey::party: