Crystal Palace v Aston Villa - Match Thread | Page 25 | Vital Football

Crystal Palace v Aston Villa - Match Thread

Phew. Annoyed at losing the clean sheet, but I finally got a prediction correct! Thought we played a great game today. Nakkers was immense, as was Young, Mcginn, all the defence and Ramsey. Buendia with a nice cameo.

Bailey didn't do much for me today, nothing really came off for him. Not afraid to run at players though.

Happy days

I’ve been a critic for the choice of Gerrard but that win was him. Tactically got it spot on. Nullified their threat for pretty much the entire game. Dominated in periods in the first half. Defensively sound throughout.

The foundations for him to be successful are there it’s what he can do further forward with them that’ll define this season for him.

Much tighter with Marv holding and two other midfielders covering the fullback which is how Liverpool play , means that the tow from wider players can stay put.

Good result thought they did well bar Watkins and Bailey who struggled especially second half

Dominates first half, ok second half, some nerves and sloppiness allowed them back into it. A decent day at the office. Some really good individual performances from Nakamba, Ramsey, Mings. Improvement needed from Watkins, Bailey and Douglas Luiz who was very poor off the bench, lucky to get away with that foul even though VAR got it right in the end.

Probably the worst game I've seen Watkins have for us. Couldn't get anything under control and constantly making the wrong call.

Bailey doesn't quite look match fit to me, similar to Buendia. Both dwell on it a bit much, but there's obious talent there in both. We've got a quality squad and should be finishing top 10.

If we can beat sides like palace away from home regularly, then we will.

New manager bounce or just a much better manager?

To me they look a different team.

Totally agree, that game was won by Gerrard and executed well by the players. As much as Dean and the club put that back 4 together they haven’t played together as a 4 since August. There is definitely some residual understanding between those players but Gerrard won this game further forwards. It’s what we did in midfield and with Young and Bailey defensively that won this match.