Critchleys Replacement | Page 2 | Vital Football

Critchleys Replacement

Some interesting names on there. Thought Sol Campbell has done well but don't see a fit. Gareth Ainsworth I've turned into my dad, i'd cut his hair and button up his shirt looks ridiculous

A bit of a lottery really but, I think Evo would get results, not a bad manager at all. Whoever we appoint will need time to bed in and with eight weeks to go, we need to act fast.

I just wonder if the job would be attractive enough for Wayne Rooney to make a move from relegated Derby, if appropriate transfer funds for the new season were made available? The new training ground development can surely wait.

Last edited:
I just wonder if the job would be attractive enough for Wayne Rooney to make a move from relegated Derby, if appropriate transfer funds for the new season were made available? The new training ground development can surely wait.
Not given the wages he’s on

Sadler said he wanted entertaining football, not sure you can get away with it at Championship level as you could in the 3rd Div (old money).
It's a pivotal appointment.
The plans for the training ground, new scratching shed are set, one thing we can't afford to do is get relegated.
NC has gone, I doubt we will ever know the reason why he jumped ship.
I don't think anyone expected him to see out his long contract but somethings gone on and the ship needs steadying.
The fact of the matter is that in just 56 days time the season starts.
There is a need for a speedy appointment, but it needs to be the right appointment.
As much as I think the like the thought of a young, modern coach I feel we need someone with some experience at this level who has an idea of who they want.
It was clear at the start that as a fledging nanager NC struggled and we got off to an awful start, we won't be able to afford to that again at 'this' level.
The team lacked creativity last season. Defensively overall we weren't too bad, Lavery and Yates spent far too long chasing nothing balls.
I have no doubt in his business life SS has had to.make some crucial decisions, for the club this next appointment is critical.

Cheltenham have put out this statement:

The Board is conscious of the speculation surrounding the future of Michael Duff and would like to update Cheltenham Town supporters about the current situation.

Michael's contract at Cheltenham Town has a further year to run and we are extremely keen to keep him as our manager. To that end, the directors have put forward an offer to extend this contract and discussions remain ongoing.

It is common knowledge that Barnsley have requested permission to speak to Michael as part of their new manager recruitment process and we have now received an approach from a Championship club as well. Michael has been given permission to speak to both clubs but we remain hopeful that he will stay to continue his work at the Completely-Suzuki Stadium.

The interest in Michael and his coaching staff is testament to the club's remarkable success over the past three seasons.

Both the Club and Michael are keeping in regular contact with a view to settling his future position as early as possible. We have made him aware, in the clearest way possible, of our wish for him to stay and are hopeful that will be his ultimate decision.

In the meantime, preparations for the 2022/23 season are continuing as planned and the Board will be readying themselves for a number of different eventualities in order to try and give the team the best chance to start the new campaign as strongly as possible.

Sources: Blackpool to interview Michael Duff today after board statement
Cheltenham boss Michael Duff is being interviewed for the vacant Blackpool manager’s job today, Football Insider understands

I would expect us to interview a number of managers so not really surprising that names are being bandied about. Still think that Evo, Manning or perhaps Carrick would be among the more interesting options to pursue.