Cricket World Cup thread | Vital Football

Cricket World Cup thread

Well I fell asleep listening to the NZ v SL game on TMS and awoke to watch the shambolic England performance.

Tomorrow mornings a big one with India v Pakistan. Expected world wide 1.3 Bn viewers.

England were as embarrassing as ever. At least Zimbabwe had a real go at SA. Pakistan imploding as we speak!

Yes I was quite surprised by Zimbabwe they did quite well. Ireland v West Indies will be interesting over night.

England have to stop experimenting at the 23rd hour. Getting a settled 11 then out the blue bringing in Ballance at No 3 and pushing Taylor down from 3 to 6. Death bowling tactics were truely poor. The plan was clearly to bowl slow ball bouncers. The Aussies clocked this and took us apart. They were scoring over 10 an over at the end. You'd have thought Morgan would have got our seamers together and said this isn't working lads. Time for Yorkers in the block hole. But Oh no we carried on. New Zealand next and they like the Aussies have their tails up.

Congratulations Ireland on beating the West Indies by 4 whickets and with 5 overs spare. No fluke when scores 300 +.
:clappy:

Oh dear oh dear. That was really embarrassing. A day night game that didn't even need the flood lights. Biggest defeat in WC history. Bring England home now before we suffer any more. Wouldn't surprise me if Scotland beat us next.

Moores out.

Pathetic from England. 45.2 overs in total! Drop Morgan and Ballance. Move Taylor to 3. Bopara at 6. Tredwell in. Taylor or Bell captain. Won't fix all our woes but that can't be done quickly!

Ridiculous to make Morgan captain when he is so out of form and playing Ballance who has hardly picked a bat up for months!

No humiliation thank god. Good result and convincing win. That's seeing the positives. Being more critical the scorecard is a bit polarised. Moeen Ali had a great kock, Bell was steady and Morgan got some runs. However still some misfires by Root, Ballance and others. Before we get carried away this was Scotland. Real test coming up against Siri Lanka.

I listened to our innings on TMS. Big wobble in the middle but Morgan and Buttler did ok at the end.

Gayle's 215 was amazing. However got to hand it to Zimbabwe at least they gave it a go in reply. Lost too many wickets I think but didn't capitulate.