Cricket World Cup, 2019. | Page 25 | Vital Football

Cricket World Cup, 2019.

All excellent comments chaps we are well and truly in the do do, Root has to step down as captain.

Need to start planning for Jimmy and Broad’s successors. Sam Curran, Jamie Porter, Olly Stone, the Overton’s, Ben Coad, Toby Roland Jones. Plenty of cabs on the rank waiting for a chance. Give Broad some time off and take new blood to New Zealand. Root has to look in the mirror with a big tour to South Africa and decide if he’s up to the task.

At the same time, I have sympathy for the players. Shafted by the ECB’s scheduling of the domestic season. Whilst Cricket Australia help their players in anyway possible, sending them off to England early in the summer to play County Cricket or Australia A games for three months in preparation for the Ashes, we play T20 cricket at the same time as an Ashes series rather than four day cricket. No wonder we can’t find any batsman to replace the current shower. Jimmy and Archer had to play 2nd XI cricket to get themselves a red ball game in a bid to get fit, it’s utterly farcical!

Will things change next season? No because the ECB are pissing away millions and millions of quid on an unnecessary, totally pointless hundred ball competition to run at the same time as our test series against Pakistan. All they care about is money and if it wasn’t for Ben Stokes they would have already been lynched by the English cricketing public by now. They are an organisation who are doing serious harm to English cricket.

Feel good having got all that off my chest.

I agree with all of that, C_Latic, especially your comments regarding ‘The Hundred’. What even is the point of it? I’m yet to hear of anyone except for ECB employees that has any interest in that competition whatsoever.

I agree with all of that, C_Latic, especially your comments regarding ‘The Hundred’. What even is the point of it? I’m yet to hear of anyone except for ECB employees that has any interest in that competition whatsoever.

They have alienated whole swathes of Lancastrians with this 100s bullshit. Can you imagine anyone from Liverpool or Bolton or Wigan or Preston or Blackburn supporting any city based franchise. I'm not going if the team doesn't have Lancashire somewhere in the name..end of.

We've had some bad uns Will but as a team this is down with the poorest. It's a head scratcher though because individually we seem quite decent but as a team crap with a terrible captain. He's reactive rather than proactive.

My lad summed it up about us when I kept saying why can their bowlers keep putting it on the spot and ours cant.

He said because they are better bowlers. I don't think their batting line up is that great but they have the best in Smith and a much better attack.

Yeah I agree and I think your son was right; bowling in Test cricket is all about having patience and putting it on a length consistently, waiting for the batsman to eventually make a mistake. Cummins and Hazlewood did that brilliantly in both innings’ of this Test match, whereas our bowlers were just undisciplined and failed to bowl a string of consecutive deliveries in a challenging area.

They have alienated whole swathes of Lancastrians with this 100s bullshit. Can you imagine anyone from Liverpool or Bolton or Wigan or Preston or Blackburn supporting any city based franchise. I'm not going if the team doesn't have Lancashire somewhere in the name..end of.

Couldn’t agree more. Just like people here in Sheffield (and in Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster, Huddersfield, Bradford etc) love supporting ‘Yorkshire’ but would abhor the idea of supporting ‘Leeds’. It’ll make the ECB lots of cash though, so who cares about actually giving entertainment and excitement to the majority of paying fans?

Last edited:
Unchanged squad for 5th test
Giving them all the chance to fail again. Hope for a big clear out after this

The only people saying anything positive about the Hundred are those set to benefit financially. So basically the ECB, anyone set to be employed by the hundred (coaches/players) and any pundit/commentator on Sky’s payroll who will be paid to work at the games.

We’ve got three perfectly acceptable and popular forms of cricket and because the ECB dropped a bollock years ago when T20 reached its peak of popularity with the creation of the IPL, they want to try and cash in by inventing a new format. Millions of quid will be wasted on promotion and production, whilst the majority of crowds will either be there on free tickets or corporates on a jolly up at the Oval and Lords. The ECB don’t give a toss who attends regardless of this family crap they pedal, as long as the seats are filled.

It wouldn’t have appeased me, but they could have put “North West” in the OT franchise, but instead they’ve used the Manchester name and alienated thousands. One things for sure, I’ll be dodging that and attending more T20 Blast games than I normally do to support Lancashire. I pray that their games are better attended than the hundred games and people make a proper effort to support Lancs next season and send a message.

When England fails it’s county crickets fault but when they succeed, it isn’t. We’ve got the ECB to thank for that line being consistently pedalled out by those c**ts on Sky.

The only people saying anything positive about the Hundred are those set to benefit financially. So basically the ECB, anyone set to be employed by the hundred (coaches/players) and any pundit/commentator on Sky’s payroll who will be paid to work at the games.

We’ve got three perfectly acceptable and popular forms of cricket and because the ECB dropped a bollock years ago when T20 reached its peak of popularity with the creation of the IPL, they want to try and cash in by inventing a new format. Millions of quid will be wasted on promotion and production, whilst the majority of crowds will either be there on free tickets or corporates on a jolly up at the Oval and Lords. The ECB don’t give a toss who attends regardless of this family crap they pedal, as long as the seats are filled.

It wouldn’t have appeased me, but they could have put “North West” in the OT franchise, but instead they’ve used the Manchester name and alienated thousands. One things for sure, I’ll be dodging that and attending more T20 Blast games than I normally do to support Lancashire. I pray that their games are better attended than the hundred games and people make a proper effort to support Lancs next season and send a message.

When England fails it’s county crickets fault but when they succeed, it isn’t. We’ve got the ECB to thank for that line being consistently pedalled out by those c**ts on Sky.

Yeah, I'm going to try and attend more Lancs games next year as well. Did you manage to watch much of Lancs in the T20 this year? This is the best Lancashire T20 side I've ever seen. Davies and Livingstone are a formidable opening pair, and the deft touch of the former complements the power hitting of the latter perfectly. Then the middle order's been pretty solid; Vilas has been quite consistent and captained well (except for that decision to give Livingstone the penultimate over against Essex when Mahmood still had two left (what was that about??)). Glenn Maxi's also won me over with both his performances, and the passion he's shown for the team during his time here. Then you've got the bowling line up... I think Mahmood will be in an England shirt by next year, and how underrated is Matty Parkinson? Absolute genius with the ball. I genuinely thought we could go all the way this year, but hopefully we can go one better in the next campaign.

Yeah, I'm going to try and attend more Lancs games next year as well. Did you manage to watch much of Lancs in the T20 this year? This is the best Lancashire T20 side I've ever seen. Davies and Livingstone are a formidable opening pair, and the deft touch of the former complements the power hitting of the latter perfectly. Then the middle order's been pretty solid; Vilas has been quite consistent and captained well (except for that decision to give Livingstone the penultimate over against Essex when Mahmood still had two left (what was that about??)). Glenn Maxi's also won me over with both his performances, and the passion he's shown for the team during his time here. Then you've got the bowling line up... I think Mahmood will be in an England shirt by next year, and how underrated is Matty Parkinson? Absolute genius with the ball. I genuinely thought we could go all the way this year, but hopefully we can go one better in the next campaign.
One mental decision by the captain basically ruined Lancashire’s T20 campaign. All that hard work and points gained through the groups gone with that move. Imagine thinking a part time spinner was the right move against the experience of Bopara and Ten Doeschate. Utter madness, a classic case of overthinking things for the sake of it. Ignore the conditions and bowl your best bowlers, end of!

Parkinson should be the England T20 squad for the World Cup. He’s the best T20 spinner in the country. Just a shame he’s a Bolton bastard!

[QUOTE="C_Latic, post: 1992682, member: 11232"
Parkinson should be the England T20 squad for the World Cup. He’s the best T20 spinner in the country. Just a shame he’s a Bolton bastard![/QUOTE]

Harsh!....but it had to be said ?

Very sad news today about the passing of Bob Willis.

He was a little before my time so can only judge him off brief highlights and his statistics, both of which were very impressive.

I knew him more as a commentator and pundit and loved his blunt, acerbic style. He wasn’t afraid to say it how it was but wasn't afraid to heap praise and seemed genuinely happy when England won. He made the verdict/debate because of his forthright views and his relationship with Charles Colville. RIP. .

Very sad news today about the passing of Bob Willis.

He was a little before my time so can only judge him off brief highlights and his statistics, both of which were very impressive.

I knew him more as a commentator and pundit and loved his blunt, acerbic style. He wasn’t afraid to say it how it was but wasn't afraid to heap praise and seemed genuinely happy when England won. He made the verdict/debate because of his forthright views and his relationship with Charles Colville. RIP. .

We all shuffle one place forward.

RIP Bob.