Cowleys sacked | Page 8 | Vital Football

Cowleys sacked

Turned out to be an interesting day. Don't think anyone saw that coming, despite some mutterings of discontent about his tactics on their forum. I'm sure the majority thought job done and they would rebuild for next season.

On the face of if a bonkers decision after keeping a lost cause in that division, there will be a story behind the 'sacking' though. The boys will not be out of work for long but they should have a bit of time off with the family given the effort they gave put in for the last 4 years. I'll never have a word said against them after what they achieved at SB. UTI !

The HTFC statement says they were 'relieved of their duties'. Is there any significance to this wording ? I.e. is this the same as saying they are sacked/contract terminated ?

As far as I can see

the Cowleys have proper won in all avenues here.

They made a leap up to the Championship, earned an absolute wedge!!! Done the job required of them at their new Club which was to take bottom of the table Huddersfield out of relegation and keep them in the Championship, they achieved that meaning their reputation is intact with Championship level experience under their belts and they get to escape that shit Club, and now on the market for another big opportunitywhich they will no doubt get because of their success.

These lads are the winners here

They are a very attractive package for quite a few Clubs at the moment

And they're laughing all the way to the bank. (Not Sincil!).

Well i can actually wish them success now. i certainly couldn't whist they were at Hudders, horrible club, hope they go down next year. Good luck to the brothers in their new roles where ever that may be, (but not here, we've got a perfectly good manager who deserves a good crack with his own players, even if he does insist on fannying around at the back).

And to add, those Lincoln fans old & new who would like to see the Cowleys back at Lincoln, may I add the following:

We (Lincoln) are no different to Concord Rangers & Braintree whereby we are all a stepping stone in meeting their ambition and ultimate goal whatever that is.

I know where I’m going and nobody is getting in my way - sound familiar.