Cowleys sacked | Page 7 | Vital Football

Cowleys sacked

That is what I have heard as well. Supposedly they are being unveiled by the Robins on Thursday.
Yes might be true but if he hadn’t relieved them of their duties Huddersfield would be entitled to compensation and would not have to pay up the remainder of their contract

I see the favourite Hudds fans' conspiracy is the Cowleys have been naughty and been talking to other clubs, most likely Bristol City.

But Hudds arent't advertising for the replacement so for me that one doesn't stack up, they already have someone in mind.

If they are also selling Grant so quickly, it starts to look like panic measures born out of financial pressures. The Cowleys may be best out of it.

With regard to compensation it may just be that the amount will depend upon whether they take on another job. You do hear of sacked managers still being paid weekly/monthly by clubs after their release rather than one large payout. That might affect their thinking about what jobs to take rather than just the first offer that came along

Yes, compensation for breach of contract is about mitigating the loss rather than getting a "wedge"

A rumour doing the rounds, is that the Cowleys had already been talking to Bristol City and this may have hastened their departure.
Rumours tend to start with one person, travel in many directions and end up with those "In the know" repeating them.

I certainly hope no one that matters at the club is considering them. They had their time with very good budgets for the level we were at. As ridiculous a decision as it seems Huddersfield sacking them with 1 game to go it does point towards them wanting a bigger budget than Huddersfield are prepared to offer. Thanks again for what they did here, but no thanks. In Michael Appleton I trust.

So in a few hours the chairman has sacked the management team and sell the star striker, what a bloody car crash of a club!
The Cowleys are best of out of it as sounds like the board are setting up to fail.

I think Ipswich might be a good shout. They will have received some decent compensation from HTFC so may not demand huge wages. Close to Essex and, potential to be a big club. Wouldn't be surprised if they turn up there
Why would near to Essex be relevant, even their parents have relocated haven’t they?

For everyone suggesting we sack Appleton and try to get them back, just don't...

What they achieved during their time at Lincoln City was nothing short of incredible, but keeping them then, or bringing them back now, would have been/would be financial suicide.

Appleton is a fantastic coach. A fantastic coach that can find a player, develop them and sell them on for plenty of money. See what he did at Oxford.

As far as I can see

the Cowleys have proper won in all avenues here.

They made a leap up to the Championship, earned an absolute wedge!!! Done the job required of them at their new Club which was to take bottom of the table Huddersfield out of relegation and keep them in the Championship, they achieved that meaning their reputation is intact with Championship level experience under their belts and they get to escape that shit Club, and now on the market for another big opportunitywhich they will no doubt get because of their success.

These lads are the winners here

They are a very attractive package for quite a few Clubs at the moment

I like this post from Ray Wilson terrier on their forum, says it all:

"Plenty of facts
1.We had 1 win in 9 months
2. Their record W13, D11, L15 enough to finish 13th
3. Survived
4. Met their objective
5. Sacked

All the club has given is a ‘different vision for the way we operate the Club‘ - that’s an opinion, not a fact"