#COVID19 | Page 112 | Vital Football

#COVID19

I don't see how they CAN have it carried over. The penalty was for THIS season, if the season is ended then so is everything else that goes with it; surely?
The way they define it is everything, as well as their own interpretation of those definitions.

If something is "null and void" you generally say that it is as of it never existed in the first place. Assuming this was the outcome, and therefore no one changed divisions and the CL and EL entrants remained as this season, you are basically saying that the season we got 80% through never happened.

In that case, why wouldn't any points punishments handed out still be valid if we are effectively starting again.

But it depends how you interpret "void".

"Cancelled" would imply the season did happen but was called off. But that feels harder to just keep everyone where they are with that definition

The way they define it is everything, as well as their own interpretation of those definitions.

If something is "null and void" you generally say that it is as of it never existed in the first place. Assuming this was the outcome, and therefore no one changed divisions and the CL and EL entrants remained as this season, you are basically saying that the season we got 80% through never happened.

In that case, why wouldn't any points punishments handed out still be valid if we are effectively starting again.

But it depends how you interpret "void".

"Cancelled" would imply the season did happen but was called off. But that feels harder to just keep everyone where they are with that definition

I obviously don't know this but I would imagine the notification they received in writing would refer to the "2019/20 season"

I obviously don't know this but I would imagine the notification they received in writing would refer to the "2019/20 season"
This is the wording I found:

“The EFL can confirm that it has been formally notified that administrators have been appointed in respect of Bolton Wanderers Football Club,” a statement said. “As a result, the club is now subject to a 12-point deduction and the sporting sanction will take effect next season in League One.

13 May 2019

Teams will moan there’s already too much fixture congestion, plus Euro 2021 is going to fuck with World Cup qualifiers so it won’t wash with UEFA or FIFA.

I think they’ll find a way

They could probably cancel the cup competitions next season to ease fixture congestion

If this season is cancelled and next season will start as normal ( this season never happened) we will end up in a relegation battle.
One of our most consistent players will be one year older, we will have Muric and his salary on the books, any if our best performers to leave.... what will happen to the revenue from this (non existent) season? What about contracts with other companies ( advertising etc) ? Who know many might be bankrupt or limit their spending on advertising... so many variants and unknowns. Physical sports is not like a video game, humans age, form might dip etc etc ...one thing is for sure...it a big headache...

I know most of you haven't thought about this due yo the fact that we will inevitably implode, SL will be sacked and we'll be fighting a relegation battle next season, but if we were to have the type of season where we build on this season (I know that do difficult to picture, but just hear me out), do you not think it would be beneficial to be competing in a league that has lost both West Brom and Leeds and contains no relegated teams?

I know that ought to be the case as we will completely fuck up that opportunity, but for any logically, rationally run club without a history of shitting on itself and snatching defeat away from the jaws of victory, that would present not only an excellent opportunity to go up, but also to stay up the following season.

Yeah, I know. We're probably going down next season, aren't we?

I know most of you haven't thought about this due yo the fact that we will inevitably implode, SL will be sacked and we'll be fighting a relegation battle next season, but if we were to have the type of season where we build on this season (I know that do difficult to picture, but just hear me out), do you not think it would be beneficial to be competing in a league that has lost both West Brom and Leeds and contains no relegated teams?

I know that ought to be the case as we will completely fuck up that opportunity, but for any logically, rationally run club without a history of shitting on itself and snatching defeat away from the jaws of victory, that would present not only an excellent opportunity to go up, but also to stay up the following season.

Yeah, I know. We're probably going down next season, aren't we?
No.

Because by losing both West Brom and Leeds we would also be losing a promotion place- at least one, and the PL would probably prefer two to keep their own relegation places down to three

Best case scenario? Top team goes up, playoffs from 2nd-5th. Worst case scenario is top team only goes up, no playoffs. What would even be the point of the season?

West Brom are less a threat next season when their parachute payments go down. Does Bielsa stay with Leeds? Always 50-50. Everyone's parachute payments go down and we would gain no new PP clubs.

Last edited: