#COVID19 | Page 971 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Utter disgrace.

In other words "bad luck on the millions of people who are fucked over by this, but at least the over 50's get everything they want as usual, as they are the most important people in the country obviously. Oh, by the way, by your fucking season tickets again, dickheads".

I've paid £200 to go to the British Grand Prix this year. What's the betting I'll be allowed to go?

What’s even more disgraceful is that it discriminates against millions more than the people impacted by the virus itself were.

You couldn’t make it up.

Britain will pass Covid herd immunity threshold on Monday

The number of people with protection either through vaccination or previous infection hits 73.4% on April 12

According to the UCL, the number of people who have protection against the virus either through vaccination or previous infection will hit 73.4% on April 12 – enough to tip the country into herd immunity.

But wait. Herd immunity is bollocks.

Time to accelerate opening up.

The number of people with protection either through vaccination or previous infection hits 73.4% on April 12

According to the UCL, the number of people who have protection against the virus either through vaccination or previous infection will hit 73.4% on April 12 – enough to tip the country into herd immunity.

Those stats are bollocks

Lol you wanted herd immunity without vaccination...

The apocalyptic schools Covid spike, which was predicted by scientists hasn't materialised.

Modelling submitted to Sage had suggested R0 could rise to between 1.1 and 1.5 after pupils went back.
Over 5 weeks in and R0 is around 0.8.

Good work.

The apocalyptic schools Covid spike, which was predicted by scientists hasn't materialised.

Modelling submitted to Sage had suggested R0 could rise to between 1.1 and 1.5 after pupils went back.

Good work.

Could...have a Google as to what that means...

Yet you're happy to quote UCL models when it supports your agenda.

Go on then.
Nothing to "go on".

I don't believe that 3/4 of people in this country have antibodies.

Just barely 50% of adults have had the vaccine.

As of January, it is estimated that 15.3% of people had had COVID at some point. Let's be generous and call it 20% now, even though it won't he anything like that.

So the numbers don't add up already.

You are then assuming no overlap; that 0% of people who have had the vaccine are also people who have had COVID. That isn't remotely true; plenty of people who have had COVID have also had the vaccine.

You are also assuming that everyone who has had COVID has antibodies; that isn't necessarily the case, since we don't know how quickly they fade; 6 months is estimated.

Sounds like unicorns shitting rainbows bullshit to me

Good work.
That's because most young people have done what was asked and put their entire lives on hold for the benefit of older people.

We have done well over 2000 tests and not had a single positive. Those teens are doing something right, and it isn't the magical fairy forcefield protecting schools.

Nothing to "go on".

I don't believe that 3/4 of people in this country have antibodies.

Just barely 50% of adults have had the vaccine.

As of January, it is estimated that 15.3% of people had had COVID at some point. Let's be generous and call it 20% now, even though it won't he anything like that.

So the numbers don't add up already.

You are then assuming no overlap; that 0% of people who have had the vaccine are also people who have had COVID. That isn't remotely true; plenty of people who have had COVID have also had the vaccine.

You are also assuming that everyone who has had COVID has antibodies; that isn't necessarily the case, since we don't know how quickly they fade; 6 months is estimated.

Sounds like unicorns shitting rainbows bullshit to me

ONS states that, as of the 14 March 2021 54.7% of the UK has antibodies.
This suggests they had the infection in the past or have been vaccinated.

That's because most young people have done what was asked and put their entire lives on hold for the benefit of older people.

We have done well over 2000 tests and not had a single positive. Those teens are doing something right, and it isn't the magical fairy forcefield protecting schools.
And yet they are all condemned because they went to the park on the same day when it was hot.
I've seen very little credit given to the young in the media for sacrificing so much.
There's something of a traditional British condescending 'do what you're told and shut up' about it.

I agree. What is clear is that the SAGE modelling was wrong, yet again.

In the green corner it's UCL, with their real-world figures of 72% immunity
In the blue corner it's Imperial with their modelled* figures of 34% immunity.

Fight.
This is only anecdotal and is of course age related, but at least 85% of people I know have had neither COVID nor the vaccine. And of those 85%, I would bet that the same applies to them too.

Less than 50% of people in the UK have had the vaccine (yes, under 18s are people too- it's not just the over 50's who exist as citizens of this country)

And yet they are all condemned because they went to the park on the same day when it was hot.
I've seen very little credit given to the young in the media for sacrificing so much.
There's something of a traditional British condescending 'do what you're told and shut up' about it.
It wasn't the young at any parks I have seen. I can tell you exactly what age groups it's been