#COVID19 | Page 774 | Vital Football

#COVID19

You forgot to add that all humans are shits, so we might as well be top dog. (best shit?)

It isn't really our fault if we conquered them fair and square. Very Churchillian.

You can also add that they were weak nations /tribes and jf we hadn't conquered them, someone else would have. That makes it 'somewhat regrettable' but 'generally ok', as well.
If that is your interpretation of what has been said, that is very sad.

Both of you are emotionally shutting down any debate.

Slavery being bad is not under debate.

Empire being bad is not under debate (well, LK may be debating it)

Whether anything truly meaningful can ever be done to put that right generations hence is what is under debate

But you and CP seem to be conflating that with the first two and deciding you can just say "racist" and walk away with your head held high.

Sorry, you don't have moral superiority on this just because you call racist and have an automatic woke answer to any question on this, while knowing full well that fuck all of what you are vaguely half calling for will never happen.

CP is so determined to see restitution that he won't even say what form it should take.

It's like the Lib Dems saying they wanted the referendum result cancelled. It was dead easy for them to call for that, knowing they would never have to actually follow through with it

How fine grained do you want to go. Was there no benefit to the rest of the UK from the wealth of Bristol, Liverpool and Londonl? There still is. One obvious example is that great buildings bring tourist dollars to the UK exchequer. Less obvious might be the might of UK banks.
The root of almost all profit had always from an evil, or suffering, or exploitation somewhere. That isn't a cop out, that is just a cold hard historical fact that is inescapable. It doesn't have to always be like that in the future though.

CP is basically saying that suffering or exploitation that is based on race is significantly worse than suffering or exploitation based on nationality, religion, class or birth. He is saying that the former example deserves special attention compared to the latter examples, despite significant (and often similar) long term effects emerging from all.

I disagree with him, and for doing so he calls me a racist and walks away without debating. Sorry, I don't really respect that.

Bullshit. Don't start lecturing me on historical ignorance.

In terms of status serfdom is literally one rung up the ladder. If you are trying the "humans being shit Olympics" then clearly the Triangular trade is going to win gold but British serfdom wins silver. If you think serfdom was just peasantry then you need to brush up CP.

And now you are flinging a charge of racism about with about as much legitimacy as DF flings antisemitism accusations.

Compensation/restitution is a legitimate modern debate. But it ceases to be a debate when you instantly lable the one side of it racist before you start.

Oh I'm sorry
CP being antisemtic to one of our own Jewish posters who asked him to stop and apologise and me calling him out and others who have been is not legitimate WOW just WOW

You always have to have a fucking pop dont you

I've not engaged in personal attacks as requested but you cant help your self can you.

You literally always start it

And to top it off you are now an antisemite apologist just like many Germans from the late 1920"s on wards

You are disgusting

Just found the latest Tory policy on COVID;

maybe we can take some comfort from the brutal reality that the weak must make way for the strong. Evolution marches on, the scythe is remorseless. I hope the scythe's remorseless swing can bring some comfort to you all. OK.

You forgot to add that all humans are shits, so we might as well be top dog. (best shit?)

It isn't really our fault if we conquered them fair and square. Very Churchillian.

You can also add that they were weak nations /tribes and jf we hadn't conquered them, someone else would have. That makes it 'somewhat regrettable' but 'generally ok', as well.

I think we need to do something about our opposable thumbs and precision grip, then we’d again behave like our closest related primates and fight to the death. .

Actually I think they’ve tried this in Shirebrook.

So just to summarise forum sentiment:

We can't pay for the sins of our fathers

We can however continue to benefit for them

We can also continue to let others suffer because of them.

Cool beans, I'll try to remember the mantra.

Not really what is being said, how about;

You cannot turn back the clock

Many people around the world continue to enjoy benefits from the exploitation of others and this is the main cause of inequality.

Making this right on a historical basis is tricky because where do you start and how far back do you go.

Oh I'm sorry
CP being antisemtic to one of our own Jewish posters who asked him to stop and apologise and me calling him out and others who have been is not legitimate WOW just WOW

I've not engaged in personal attacks as requested but you cant help your self can you.

And to top it off you are now an antisemite apologist just like many Germans from the late 1920"s on wards

You are disgusting
It's really, really not about you, you pathetic little egotist.

You're so vain, you probably think this post was about you

Adults are talking- it doesn't need your involvement

Oh I'm sorry

You are disgusting

Impressive double palindrome. Pop sheet someone.

It's really, really not about you, you pathetic little egotist.

You're so vain, you probably think this post was about you

Adults are talking- it doesn't need your involvement

Well don't fucking bring me in to then you fucking retard

You are a special kind of cu-nt

Its not a.nice thought but in essence you are not wrong here. To modern sensibilities it is not generally ok but these are the bare facts of history. It is possible to substitue churchill for any other historical civilisation with no loss of accuracy.

Come on chaps, we know your love for each will never die. Lets not have another rehearsal, it diminishes both of you and its an interesting debate that isnt covid or brexit or how shit we are on the pitch.

I think we need to do something about our opposable thumbs and precision grip, then we’d again behave like our closest related primates and fight to the death. .

Actually I think they’ve tried this in Shirebrook.

You think people are morally superior to animals?

Come on chaps, we know your love for each will never die. Lets not have another rehearsal, it diminishes both of you and its an interesting debate that isnt covid or brexit or how shit we are on the pitch.
Don't talk as if I'm the one flinging disgusting insults Radford; I'm debating, and not with him

If that is your interpretation of what has been said, that is very sad.

Both of you are emotionally shutting down any debate.

Slavery being bad is not under debate.

Empire being bad is not under debate (well, LK may be debating it)

Whether anything truly meaningful can ever be done to put that right generations hence is what is under debate

But you and CP seem to be conflating that with the first two and deciding you can just say "racist" and walk away with your head held high.

Sorry, you don't have moral superiority on this just because you call racist and have an automatic woke answer to any question on this, while knowing full well that fuck all of what you are vaguely half calling for will never happen.

CP is so determined to see restitution that he won't even say what form it should take.

It's like the Lib Dems saying they wanted the referendum result cancelled. It was dead easy for them to call for that, knowing they would never have to actually follow through with it
You have got the hump with me but I agree with a lot of that. LK has indeed looked for only the positives and even implied it couldn't have been that bad because there weren't many British soldiers in India, ffs. (Fred West was good at patios, etc).

Of course that post you quoted is not all I've taken from the debate. I appreciate your informed posts.
There has been a theme though, that "shit happens", and also that your own family have in no way benefited from the spoils of colonial oppression. I'm no historian and defer to your expertise but that seems very unlikely to me. I gave two obvious examples. I don't think it can simply be brushed away by saying that most of the wealth had gone to the British rich. I find it a bit difficult to accept. Probably my inner idealist.

Don't think I've used the word racist or shut anything down? Just one tongue in cheek post. Your argument is more robust than falling to that.

All this is quite different from the question you asked CP of how we could make amends. I've no idea but, despite the foreign aid budget (to be cut by 29pc), aspects of exploitation continue to this day. That mainly comes from our established financial and infrastructure power, which is why China is so busy in Africa too. It's like playing a game of monopoly where one player starts with 100 times more money than the others. All the properties are available so it looks fair from the outside but who is going to put up their hotels and dominate the market? Then you have to look at the reasons for the cash inequality and put in suitable protection based on that. In this dumb analogy it's even worse because even when other players have some property, the rich player bends the rules to build hotels there as well and takes the rent.

Last edited:
Just found the latest Tory policy on COVID;

maybe we can take some comfort from the brutal reality that the weak must make way for the strong. Evolution marches on, the scythe is remorseless. I hope the scythe's remorseless swing can bring some comfort to you all. OK.

Thank you very much Woanz for those inspiring, yet challenging words

You have got the jump with me but I agree with a lot of that. LK has indeed looked for only the positives and even implied it couldn't have been that bad because there weren't many British soldiers in India, ffs. (Fred West was good at patios, etc).

Of course that post you quoted is not all I've taken from the debate. I appreciate your informed posts.
There has been a theme though, that "shit happens", and also that your own family have in no way benefited from the spoils of colonial oppression. I'm no historian and defer to your expertise but that seems very unlikely to me. I gave two obvious examples. I don't think it can simply be brushed away by saying that most of the wealth had gone to the British rich. I find it a bit difficult to accept. Probably my inner idealist.

Don't think I've used the word racist or shut anything down? Just one tongue in cheek post. Your argument is more robust than falling to that.

All this is quite different from the question you asked CP of how we could make amends. I've no idea but, despite the foreign aid budget (to be cut by 29pc), aspects of exploitation continue to this day. That mainly comes from our established financial and infrastructure power, which is why China is so busy in Africa too. It's like playing a game of monopoly where one player starts with 100 times more money than the others. All the properties are available so it looks fair from the outside but who is going to put up their hotels and dominate the market? Then you have to look at the reasons for the cash inequality and put in suitable protection based on that. In this dumb analogy it's even worse because even when other players have some property, the rich player bends the rules to build hotels there as well and takes the rent.
Ok, fair enough. I dont like being called racist, I would be worried about anyone who does but I accept that was not you

I don't actually disagree with any of that.

I traced my family in lockdown last year. I was hoping for some interesting stories, and what I got was a long line of brickmakers from Sleaford with a high child mortality rate. I can't trace back that far, but they would almost certainly have been serfs under the feudal system.

So no, it's not impossible that my family benefitted very indirectly from the slave trade through some pretty distant trickling down. But that can hardly be helped, and in reality my family had nothing at any time.

More importantly, the vast majority of the English population had no involvement in the slave trade and no agency to stop it. CP will say that is not good enough. I disagree. No one in my family had the ability to even vote until the 1880s reform act.

I don't believe it is wrong to question the extent of collective responsibiliy for evils committed by a regime in which a tiny elite ruled (MPs were not even paid until nearly the 20th century, ensuring only the elite could afford to be elected) and only a small portion of the population had any say in that.

I do not blame the Chinese population for what is happening to the Uighurs; what agency do they have? I have actually seen discrimination against the Uighurs in China with my own eyes, and the Chinese had no concept that it was discrimination. And why would they considering the information available to them?

I believe the same principal applies.

And finally, someone suggests a viable idea for his restitution could be done. I don't disagree with what you say there at all

Absolutely no need for that. None.

Well he needs to stop mentioning me in a derogatory way and then I wont respond

I was asked to play nice and not make personal attacks and I said I would play nice as long as others do and surprise surprise the Antisemite apologist just couldn't leave it alone

Anyway moving on until he does it again

It wont be long

He could always put me on ignore.

I've done it to some who I think are deplorable like CP and Banger