#COVID19 | Page 695 | Vital Football

#COVID19

When me and my middle kid went for our tests, watching him gag and tears flood from his eyes, was the funniest thing I had seen and made being positive worthwhile. It was hilarious. (even he laughed btw)

Hopefully that reaction was from the tests.......

So, drivin' Dom told Johnson to lock down earlier, but his response was "we can't justify it yet".

This is what happens when your PM is a journalist; every decision is seen only through the prism of popularity and now it will look to the public, regardless of whether it is right.

What really shocked me was that the article was not talking about March, but September. This is the second time Johnson has been told unequivocally to act early to stop a disaster, and the second time in six months he dithered instead.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article...ce-to-lock-down/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Royal London hospital has declared it has gone into disaster medicine- this is shocking stuff

That's even less than estimated a week ago. Somehow, it feels like the number has gone backwards. Mr Hancock claimed over 500k had been done a fortnight ago and there would be 1m by the end of the year.

At this rate it will be 5 months just to do the over 80s

Around 700k done altogether in England so far. This needs to speed up massively

That's even less than estimated a week ago. Somehow, it feels like the number has gone backwards. Mr Hancock claimed over 500k had been done a fortnight ago and there would be 1m by the end of the year.

At this rate it will be 5 months just to do the over 80s

Around 700k done altogether in England so far. This needs to speed up massively

Sure as shit isn't all NHS and Care staff then...

Would you rather someone else die so you can pretend life hasn't changed?

I’m nearly 27 and have a 0.0005% chance of dying from this and will be burdened with paying back the deficit through huge tax rises.

If you think I’m selfish for not wanting to spend the remaining years of my 20’s locked away for a disease that will never kill me and where the average UK victim is mid 80’s, when I’ve complied by these laws for a year, then I couldn’t give a shit.

Last edited:
I’m nearly 27 and have a 0.0005% chance of dying from this and will be burdened with paying back the deficit through huge tax rises.

If you think I’m selfish for not wanting to spend the remaining years of my 20’s locked away for a disease that will never kill me and where the average UK victim is mid 80’s, when I’ve complied by these laws for a year, then I couldn’t give a shit.

Glad I don't think like you Will.

Glad I don't think like you Will.
Will is a young man who has had greater authoritarian restrictions placed on him than has been experienced by anyone in British history.

No PM, no leader and no monarch, no matter how dictatorial, has ever come close to restricting British people's lives as Boris Johnson has done. Much is talked about what the World War II generation had to go through, but they never had anything close to these restrictions on lives; not remotely. Not allowed to go out? Not allowed to go to a shop? Or eat in a cafe? Will is living under far greater restrictions than even German Jews did pre-war. That isn't a moral comparison, but meant to make you understand that even a malevalant, potentially murderous regime didn't initially go this far.

And, as he points out, there is virtually zero danger to himself.

Maybe it is YOU who should reflect a little bit; you and the other elderly, who seem to think these aren't even sacrifices and that they should be taken as a matter of duty. These are sacrifices you never had to make as young people, instead making them now when they probably have the lowest impact of any other time in your lives.

Maybe YOU should take some time to actually understand why he thinks as he does rather than moralising because it suits you.

Apparenly the hospitals are filling up with middle aged people. That's my age group. That's scary. But I won't ever be so arrogant as to expect a 26 year old to give up another 6-12 months of their life to protect me as if it's nothing, as if it shouldn't even need to be mentioned, as if it's just a matter of course and not any kind of big deal.

Maybe that was the case in the first few months, but a year on I would expect your generation to have a little more reflection and gratitude. A lot is said about gratitude to the NHS but by God, we should be out there clapping the young who are complying as well.

Will is a young man who has had greater authoritarian restrictions placed on him than has been experienced by anyone in British history.

No PM, no leader and no monarch, no matter how dictatorial, has ever come close to restricting British people's lives as Boris Johnson has done. Much is talked about what the World War II generation had to go through, but they never had anything close to these restrictions on lives; not remotely. Not allowed to go out? Not allowed to go to a shop? Or eat in a cafe? Will is living under far greater restrictions than even German Jews did pre-war. That isn't a moral comparison, but meant to make you understand that even a malevalant, potentially murderous regime didn't initially go this far.

And, as he points out, there is virtually zero danger to himself.

Maybe it is YOU who should reflect a little bit; you and the other elderly, who seem to think these aren't even sacrifices and that they should be taken as a matter of duty. These are sacrifices you never had to make as young people, instead making them now when they probably have the lowest impact of any other time in your lives.

Maybe YOU should take some time to actually understand why he thinks as he does rather than moralising because it suits you.

Apparenly the hospitals are filling up with middle aged people. That's my age group. That's scary. But I won't ever be so arrogant as to expect a 26 year old to give up another 6-12 months of their life to protect me as if it's nothing, as if it shouldn't even need to be mentioned, as if it's just a matter of course and not any kind of big deal.

Maybe that was the case in the first few months, but a year on I would expect your generation to have a little more reflection and gratitude. A lot is said about gratitude to the NHS but by God, we should be out there clapping the young who are complying as well.

That really is excellent. Hope you can start being as open minded and open hearted in your comments on the football. Happy new year, stay safe.