#COVID19 | Page 554 | Vital Football

#COVID19

But why did she suddenly discover the mural in spring 2018, just when Corbyn and his allies were getting rid of people who'd dragged their feet on investigating anti-semitism cases? Doesn't she read the Jewish Chronicle?

23/03/2018 Berger posts that she’s asked the leader’s office for an explanation. A spokesman responds: “In 2012, Jeremy was responding to concerns about the removal of public art on grounds of freedom of speech. However, the mural was offensive, used antisemitic imagery, which has no place in our society, and it is right that it was removed.”

Berger: The statement is “wholly inadequate. It fails to understand on any level the hurt and anguish felt about Antisemitism. I shall be raising this further.”

Corbyn himself said "I sincerely regret that I did not look more closely at the image I was commenting on, the contents of which are deeply disturbing and anti-Semitic.

"I am opposed to the production of anti-Semitic material of any kind, and the defence of free speech cannot be used as a justification for the promotion of anti-Semitism in any form."

This was mentioned by the EHRC, who couldn't see why the complaint hadn't been taken further.

I don't see what else Luciana Berger could have required. To pursue the 'case' would be a total waste of time, the mural was painted nearly six years ago!

What exactly did she want? Except to drag JC back into the fake anti-semitism mire just when he'd realised he was being sabotaged on that issue and had started to remedy things. That's the way it reads to me, so I wonder who tipped her off in March 2018 (six year after the event!) that the mural story still had legs.

And because, joking apart, my grip on reality might just be firmer than CP's for a start. Not sure about you.

Another example:

Independent 20/07/18

(Margaret Hodge) confronted Mr Corbyn behind the Speaker's chair after crunch votes on Brexit on Tuesday night. She is reported to have told him: "You're a f****** antisemite and a racist...You have proved you don't want people like me in the party." The Labour leader is said to have replied: "I'm sorry you feel like that."

Clearly his passive-aggressive response revealed a deep-seated anti-semitism, while her aggressive and expletive-laden attack was perfectly justified.

Come off it, lads! He may not have been much of a leader, but someone's been out to label him anti-semitic from the day he became leader.

Also, it took a little time to do the Wikipedia research.

A few days, but the discussion moved on.

Saved my research up and felt pissed off enough by being told I have a tenuous grasp of reality to release it as a broadside.

But I won't get an honest answer. I'm not a Corbynista, not even a member of any political party.

I just don't like to see bullies and liars get their way, and I feel that's what happened with the big 'Labour anti-semitism' mirage.

Also, it took a little time to do the Wikipedia research.

A few days, but the discussion moved on.

Saved my research up and felt pissed off enough by being told I have a tenuous grasp of reality to release it as a broadside.

But I won't get an honest answer. I'm not a Corbynista, not even a member of any political party.

I just don't like to see bullies and liars get their way, and I feel that's what happened with the big 'Labour anti-semitism' mirage.
You won't get an answer from me because, frankly, I don't know what the question was and am too tired to do any peer reviewing of what you have posted

You won't get an answer from me because, frankly, I don't know what the question was and am too tired to do any peer reviewing of what you have posted
Too tired? Sounds like a cop-out. I gave you two links to check, maybe two minutes of your time.

Was there a question? I just presented some facts. If you don't contest them, fine.

I'm also not questioning Keir Starmer or his response to JC - he has a mandate to make the party electable in a centrist sort of way.

I'm sure, like Corbyn, he's a decent bloke, and I hope he makes Labour electable. But at what cost?

Groucho Marx: These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others.