Coventry v Stones | Vital Football

Coventry v Stones

Vambogills

Vital Football Hero
On the box tonight ITV4.
Carrying the flag for non league and Kent into the 5th round of the FA Cup. Highest non league team since Blyth Spartans in the 70's.
Understand that some Gills fans feel obliged to not care but I'm happy to be wishing them well and hoping for an unlikely upset

Last edited:
I would have normally watched this one but flying out for a week of sun hopefully.

Can’t see Coventry losing this one Robins has done a great job there.

Great result at Ipswich but I got the feeling that if that fixture was played 20 times in a row Ipswich would win 19 of them.

Lightning could strike twice though so I don't count the Stones out.

I'll be tuning in as a neutral, given that I dislike both teams in equal measures.

Maidstone have already had a great run but I can't see them winning tonight.

Ipswich made something like 10 changes for the game. Cant see Coventry doing the same with a quarter final place at stake.
Mind you, Coventry did have a game Friday night.

Hopefully they'll do another video with the away "fans", the majority of whom, when asked who Maidstone's biggest rivals are, freely admitted to supporting other teams and just being there for the day out.

And for the few genuine Maidstone fans interviewed who said Gills were their biggest rivals, I hope Cov hammer the plastic pitch merchants. 😁

Last edited:
Have copped a bit of stick from fellow Gills fans privately & on social media but I sincerely wish the Stones the very best of luck tonight. I will be watching the game on TV & really hope Maidstone win. Don't do rivalries whether it's Maidstone or Swindon. Tonight is the essence of the FA Cup, David v Goliath. I for one will be cheering them on as the under dog & a Kent side. Whatever happens tonight they are to be congratulated for their marvellous run in this competition.

Have copped a bit of stick from fellow Gills fans privately & on social media but I sincerely wish the Stones the very best of luck tonight. I will be watching the game on TV & really hope Maidstone win. Don't do rivalries whether it's Maidstone or Swindon. Tonight is the essence of the FA Cup, David v Goliath. I for one will be cheering them on as the under dog & a Kent side. Whatever happens tonight they are to be congratulated for their marvellous run in this competition.
I do do rivalries and this was as big as any for us 30 odd years ago, but it was so short lived and so long ago (without us having played each other since) that for me there is no rivalry from our point of view. Understandably, they may regard us as rivals through jealousy and probably as they have no real rivals of our own (a but like we do to others).

I, along with a few dozen Gills fans, was cheering them on against Ipswich in the MK Dons Hotel bar a few weeks ago and will be again tonight.

Heading off for the CBS/Ricoh Arena in around 45 minutes or so. I appreciate the Stones-Gills rivalry is a thing for fans of a certain age, but the clubs haven't faced each other in my lifetime competitively and I was born and raised in Maidstone so I don't think I'd ever feel any major 'beef' between the two.

Can't see another Ipswich happening, but at this point that's not so important.