Coventry Leaving The Ricoh (Again) | Page 6 | Vital Football

Coventry Leaving The Ricoh (Again)

Well there's the whole "Are Villa at home the same day as Birmingham" thing to take into account when doing the fixtures, which Coventry can surely only add to the confusion now?

I don't think the crowds will be big enough for this to matter. Cov v Accy Stanley on a Tuesday night could be record setting for L1. In a bad way.

I don't think the crowds will be big enough for this to matter. Cov v Accy Stanley on a Tuesday night could be record setting for L1. In a bad way.

Actually I'd expect the Cov fans to support their team in decent numbers. Especially if they are challenging at the top end which is quite likely.

That's not the issue I was referring to. Villa and Birmingham usually have to manage the fixture list for their respective home games (ie both don't play at home on the same weekend) Coventry are going to have to have their fixtures worked around that as well since they won't be able to play the same weekend as Birmingham who won't be able to play at the same weekend as Villa.

That's not the issue I was referring to. Villa and Birmingham usually have to manage the fixture list for their respective home games (ie both don't play at home on the same weekend) Coventry are going to have to have their fixtures worked around that as well since they won't be able to play the same weekend as Birmingham who won't be able to play at the same weekend as Villa.

As well as police resources at the Bescot.

Actually I'd expect the Cov fans to support their team in decent numbers. Especially if they are challenging at the top end which is quite likely.
The Coventry fans are not expecting anything like that, if Sky Blues Talk is anything to go by. They realise they are in real trouble. Again. They are.

Feel for them, I watched them between 1969 and 1971.

I wonder why Coventry didn't ground share with Walsall? It's local, just off the motorway network and a more sensibly sized ground than St. Andrews. Were Walsall approached but turned Cov. down?

They played a few Sunday games when ground sharing with Northampton IIRC.