Coventry Leaving The Ricoh (Again) | Vital Football

Coventry Leaving The Ricoh (Again)

I think the EFL also has to approve their plans, whichever ground they choose to share, so perhaps not as clear-cut as Coventry are suggesting.

One option is believed to be Burton Albion: 30 miles away, capacity 6,912.

Really bad that Cov now look unable to stay at the Ricoh.
Ground was built for them and is now occupied by a franchise rugby team.
Now they might be forced to play at Burton??
A decent new ground for a club of Burton's size, but pretty unsuitable for a club of Cov's size (although if less than half their fans bother to head north to Burton then it may regrettably be sufficient).

I actually wonder could Cov ignore all the ownership etc and basically break into the Ricoh each home game as squatters?

I thought the League had told them that they had to play home games within the City of Coventry to stay in the league next season. Have the league backed down on this

I thought the League had told them that they had to play home games within the City of Coventry to stay in the league next season. Have the league backed down on this
It wouldn't surprise me. Rov'rum were given massive leeway when their stadium wasn't built in time.

I was told that they have looked for grounds within 50 miles of Coventry. Within 6 miles I think they would be limited to Nuneaton and the old Coventry Rugby Club ground (capacity 3,000 with Coventry United already tenants there). Bedworth United's ground is also 3,000 capacity, but with only 300 seats, so probably would not be easy to bring up to minimum standards for the EFL.

Wasn't long ago they were playing in Northampton due to fallings out with owners of the Ricoh. I think if its a temporary solution, and a long term plan is in place, then that's one thing. But if they have no where at all and no long term plan, then they are in a hopeless situation.

I was told that they have looked for grounds within 50 miles of Coventry. Within 6 miles I think they would be limited to Nuneaton and the old Coventry Rugby Club ground (capacity 3,000 with Coventry United already tenants there). Bedworth United's ground is also 3,000 capacity, but with only 300 seats, so probably would not be easy to bring up to minimum standards for the EFL.

The story I heard was that they were in discussion with Wallsall which has a capacity of 11,300 It's 28 miles from the Ricoh but you have to get through Birmingham which will be a nightmare!

I think the EFL also has to approve their plans, whichever ground they choose to share, so perhaps not as clear-cut as Coventry are suggesting.

One option is believed to be Burton Albion: 30 miles away, capacity 6,912.
The other possibly Birmingham.

Live Reporting
By Howard Mustoe and Mary-Ann Russon
  1. Posted at 12:1112:11
    Wasps investigated - FT
    Rugby club Wasps is being investigated by the UK’s financial regulator over whether it misled the market about the state of its finances and how quickly it rectified things.
    That's according to the Financial Times which says the Financial Conduct Authority's interest follows its admission to creditors in late 2017 that it had overstated its earnings, breached covenants on a retail bond and its auditors, PwC, quit.
    The FCA and Wasps did not comment to the FT.
    Article share tools
    This makes it even murkier.

"Coventry City Football Club and its management team cannot affect the stances of Coventry City Council, Wasps or of our Owners in this situation"

Now that IS a sorry state of affairs...

Feel sorry for Cov, last season’s match there will live long in the memory.

View attachment 32424

Indeed it will live long in the memory not only for a fantastic result but the fact that I didn’t get back home until 6 in the morning - up all night. One further observation of that eventful night is who the hell buys 6 bags of compost at 2 in the morning !! Someone does, as I witnessed !

Indeed it will live long in the memory not only for a fantastic result but the fact that I didn’t get back home until 6 in the morning - up all night. One further observation of that eventful night is who the hell buys 6 bags of compost at 2 in the morning !! Someone does, as I witnessed !

Feel sorry for the fans again, fantastic stadium that they think is theirs that’s taken from them
Doesn’t look like we’ll be returning next season but we may have two visits to Burton or Walsall (if they’re not relegated)

Feel sorry for the fans again, fantastic stadium that they think is theirs that’s taken from them
Doesn’t look like we’ll be returning next season but we may have two visits to Burton or Walsall (if they’re not relegated)

I’m sure I’ll get an update from my Cov season ticket holder colleague, we normally chew the fat on all things League one & Two every Monday morning for about 20 minutes.