County cricket + the SL test | Vital Football

County cricket + the SL test

Stevie_imp

Vital Football Legend
Blimey it's on fire at the moment. Down here at Taunton Thomas took 4 wickets from 4 balls. First time in first class game since 2000.

First test Thursday, highlights channel 5.

Good effort by England yesterday after a dodgy start. Will be interesting to see the "new" England evolve this summer.

Prior had a big slice of luck on 0, if he'd have been given out it could have been a different story. He/the team really took good advantage of it though.

2nd test tomorrow at Headingley. Weather looks ok. I wonder if the Yorkshire public will turn out in decent numbers.

martonimp - 25/6/2014 10:53

Time for Cook to go as captain I think. Tactically weak.

Who do they get instead though? I don't think Bell would be a good captain and he's the only real established senior player otherwise. Root is being groomed next but he's barely just finding his feet in international cricket and there's nothing to say he won't go on a run without scoring runs which would put us back to square one. Not sure about Broad getting rowdy and setting fields etc as captain either!

They've invested so much in Cook, he survived the Ashes mauling and they backed him over KP. Can't now get rid.

Was going to Edgbaston tonight for a T20 but the forecast is awful! Just have to find a pub and watch footy instead!

Think they fought back fairly well at the end today, but if they come out tomorrow and lose that 10th wicket they're still 100 behind with plenty of cricket to come.

Think it is India's test to lose - if they bat us out the game and leave us 4 sessions to bat I just imagine us collapsing.