Could be going Bottom | Vital Football

Could be going Bottom

Beat me to it. Just posted the info on the World Cup thread (yes, I know we aren't in the World Cup yet but it was the live thread).

It’s a statistical quirk. It means nothing. Sunday evening. Then it’ll mean something. Still, we’re not Dutch. Although we could be as bad this time tomorrow. Anyway, “shadows avaunt” as King Richard said after recovering from a bout of nerves and guilt, before heading out onto Bosworth Field.

Nil should simply pin the league table to the wall of the dressing room and save his team talk.
Unfortunately Bradford have got a much better squad than us so not sure what good that would do. I think a postponement might be the best result for tomorrow.

The Hartlepool result wasn't a great surprise as Crawley looked worse than us when we played them recently. Hopefully our failure to score against such crap teams won't be as catastrophic as it was last season.

Don’t worry. We’re getting in to the right areas of the pitch. Hahaha.

We obviously have the smallest budget in the league, so is it any surprise we’re rock bottom? Ahem!

Looking for the slightest crumb of comfort from our current position I have looked back at the league tables for Division 2 since the 2004/05 season when the current set up started. Assuming we remain bottom on Christmas Day (which seems highly likely!) I wondered how often the club in that position had been relegated.
Ignoring the season when Luton were relegated, primarily due to a points deduction, it looks as though the bottom club have only been relegated in 6 of the 17 remaining seasons (although admittedly only on two occasions have a team with the same or a lower points score than us avoided the drop).
Statistics mean nothing of course but I'll hold on to this glimmer of hope!! UTG