Coronavirus | Page 115 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Maybe we should limit the use of the French one to over 50s. I've heard it can make 95% of recipients smell of garlic. Younger people need to find partners in order to generate the scientists of the future.

It's OK if you both take it.

Nope, Ontario just announced another "lockdown". Their lockdowns don't come anywhere near ours though, far more things "open". They do of course have the advantage of lower population density by a massive amount but they have no domestic vaccine production and their rollout is going very slowly.
(They have managed 75% of their over 80's and just 33% of their 70-79 year olds) I think they are on about 220k vaccinations a day at the moment and to achieve their aim to vaccinate everyone over 12 in the next 3 months with their first jab they need to hit around 310k to 330k per day, all that is with a population 2/3 that of the UK. (I think our peak vaccination day in the UK was circa 850k per day for comparison)

So they will be lucky to hit their target to be honest and to add to that they have all kinds of issues around batches of vaccine deliveries being delayed. They lost 600k doses of Moderna vaccine delayed by over a week and they are reliant on Europe approving weekly each shipment, that comes to something like 30 million doses in the next 3 months.

They are in a horrible position, and their government doesn't seem to want to (or be able to) impose the kind of lockdown needed to control it's spread in the big population centres...

Canada's death rate is less than a third what ours is though.
Mind you nearly everywhere else has a lower, and mostly far lower, death rate than us.

You're about a year too f**king late Boris...

PM encourages those without symptoms to take tests
Boris Johnson encourages the public to take tests from local test sites, even if they are not feeling unwell, and says these tests are available from local testing centres, pharmacies, and can be delivered to your door.
He says the government is today publishing its "early thinking" on the return of normal events, and the potential of "Covid status certificates" to confirm if someone currently has immunity to the virus.
"We're setting out our roadmap, and we're sticking with it," he states.
Boris Johnson says there is "nothing in the present data," such as a surge in cases, or a new variant emerging, which suggests that the UK will have to deviate from its current roadmap out of coronavirus restrictions.

Getting my second Pfizer in a couple of hours. Hoping the reaction is not too bad, I've heard mixed reports.

There does now seem plenty of evidence that blood clots can occur with the astrid zeneca one. Cases though are extremely rare. Last I saw there were 30 clots in the Uk.
So at somewhere between 1 in half a million and 1 in a million.
Has to be weighed against the overwhelming benefit of having the vaccine and all the thousands of lives that are being saved.
Even so, I would expect the developers are trying to find the cause of any clots and see if a tweek can be done to future versions of the vaccine.